“excellent value and beautiful rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
boston
“excellent value and beautiful rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

In town for a golf tournament, I found the resort and Conference center to be perfectly located near the center of Hyannis,close to beaches and golf!
The rooms are all new, with the king bed very comfy......the oversized Mahogany furniture and 32"? flatscreen TV make you feel like you're in a NYC hotel room...much more than I expected for a Cape Cod hotel.....Bathroom is huge, with plenty of lighting.....water pressure excellent...Didn't have a chance to try the restaurant for dinner, but breakfast was excellent....prices very reasonable...$8 for a full omelet, potatoes, meat and coffee seemed almost too low....
As to service, Juan at the desk was superb at check in and check out, and Bogeys Lounge staff was warm and knew the local area to help with places to visit.....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Having spent a night at the resort after a show at the melody tent I was impressed with all that they had to offer. I decided to return with the family for a mini getaway. I booked 2 rooms and asked that they be connecting ..Jenna ? said that would be no problem. I asked for the same room I had before as I knew it was a connecting room. When we arrived 1 room was ready available so we dropped our luggage off and I headed to the proshop to book a tee time.They were running a special so I saved $5.00 off the regular fee. We wife and daughter went to the health club which I missed on my last trip.. it isn't just a few treadmills but a full blown health club and spa..which was a great surprise.After golf and the health club my wife and I met up at the outdoor pool where we got some great frozen specialty drinks....which was perfect after the warm weather on the golf course. we were able to pick up our keys for the second room and Heather the manager remembered me from our last trip and welcomed me back.The rooms were clean and a really good size for our family of four.Breakfast the next morning was great and resonably priced and my son was happy they had Starbucks in the lobby as he slept through breakfast but was still able to grab something after the dining room closed. Sheila the Concierge helped plan our next few days in Hyannis and offered us discount tickets for the ferry to Nantucket. It was nice to be so close to downtown Hyannis ( 5 minute walk) We also enjoyed the lounge that had been changed since I was here the last time.. they call it "35" and offer some great martinis and the piano player knew some of our favorite songs.My son enjoyed Bogeys the sports bar with the neat golf memorablilia and the many large screen televisions. I got talking to the bartender Gary who said he has been at the resort for over 30 years...wow. Overall we had such a great time we are looking to book again in August so we can take advantage of all that they offer .....I'm thinking of booking a massage at the spa for the next visit!

Mashpee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My entire family stayed at the hotel last weekend to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. Everything was just perfect. We had approx. 60 people at the party which was held in a beautiful room overlooking the golf course. The food was superb-presentation was excellent. My guests couldn't compliment the chef enough. The staff were attentive and smiling all evening long. The guest rooms were spacious and clean with really nice decks overlooking the courtyard and golf course. To sum it up, it exceeded my expectations. I was sorry to have the weekend come to an end.

Cohasset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Only wished we could of stayied longer. Great day a the spa pool and played 18 holes of golf. My wife got her hair cut and nails done . The children loved the 2 pools . 5 minutes to the beach . No kidding saw a concert right next door

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010 via mobile

I made a point of asking before I booked whether there was an outdoor pool availble to use after I checked in at 3 pm. Come to find out that there is an outdoor pool but all of us had to leave it at 5 pm (on a 90 degree June day) because that was closing time for the pool. When many of us complained to the front desk we were told that the pool is under control of the health club and not the hotel. We were in disbelief and the 3-4 groups if us ( who didn't know each other) were all in agreement that we would never stay here again. It is unfortunate since the rest of the place is decent. But the lifeguard was rude and the front desk person, who went to talk to the manager, wasn't overly sympathic and the manager never came out to talk to us. VERY dissapointed in the personnal service and pool availabilty.

• Stayed July 2010
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

What a fun, convenient place to stay if you have a convention in the conference center! We travelled for a large gymnastics meet with some of our team and countless others! It was soooooo great to have the competition site, hotel rooms, pool, and lounges within steps of each other. It really made for a fun time. Grand ballroom was turned into the competition area. Really large room. Set up was awesome! Adults had fun hanging at the lounge. Kids had fun watching all the competitions, pooling it etc. Also, had a large group of youth hockey players staying at the resort too.

As for the rooms. We had read the reviews that the hallways are "oldish" and rooms are subpar. The halls were fine and the room was small but very clean and updated with comfortable beds. Only thing we found was that the walls and doors were very thin. But, we were with a gymnastics convention and joined by little Hockey players.... so noise was to be completely expected. All did quiet down around 11pm. Not too bad.

We can't wait to come back next year! Word to the wise business traveller. Just make sure there are no "largely kid" competitions or tourney's when you go. You would NOT be happy. Husband wished he had time to golf. See ya next year!

• Stayed March 2010
Londonderry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This visit was as part of a convention but that is only my most recent visit. I keep returning to this Hotel because it is the epitomy of what one looks for when visiting a resort area. The renovated rooms are spacious and immaculate, the food was appetizing and the service was wonderful. Add to that the location, the beach is only a short walk away, and a competitive par 3 course is on the grounds.
As you can tell, I would recommend the Resort and Conference Center of Hyannis highly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!