“Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Milwaukee, Wi
“Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had few choices for a set of rooms in Hyannis in early August. We needed 3 rooms and decided this was our best choice. At first they put us in a room with 2 beds after we had specifically requested king rooms. When everyone arrived, they were able to accommodate our request which was a real plus. Upon first arrival, and walking through a bit overgrown and unkempt central courtyard, we were not impressed. After the hotel solved the room issue and we settled in, we found the location was very good and the beds comfortable. The restaurant was adequate and the bar area was very nice.

The hotel is across the street from the Melody Tent and we went to a Temptations concert after meeting one of the singers in the hallway. Great time.

We enjoyed our stay and would consider it again.

Room Tip: WiFi was marginal
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Watertown, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

PROS: OK indoor/outdoor pool, close to Main Street in Hyannis, large gym with nice equipment, hotel bar is ok, the par 3 golf course looks decent.

CONS: Rooms appear to be renovated, but upon closer inspection they are in rough shape. Most rooms face the parking lot, golf course maintenance shed, or the poorly kept grounds. My room was musty and smelly (housekeeping sprays very strong deodorizers to mask the smells in the room, but it just makes it worse). I had to empty the dehumidifier twice a day (I was told this was b/c they were close to the ocean, which is bull). You have to walk a mile to the pool/bar/gym/front desk from your room and traverse weird set of stairs. Front desk staff is cold and seems not to care much about your experience at the hotel. When checking out all i was asked was if I wanted a receipt -- not how was your stay, was everything to your liking...

Overall this place is not nice, walking around Hyannis there seems to be a bunch of better options than this place.

Room Tip: get a room facing the golf course -- these looked like the only decent rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Overall, it was the summer peak season and most every hotel was already booked so the choices were few for us to make. The hotel was drab and overall old looking. My room overlooked the east parking lot and was on the darker-lit side with a musty oder and the bathroom had some mold near the faucet area. The hallways on the property had a strange odor, not sure how to characterize it. The hotel has two stories that are stretched out laterally from the main desk area. The parking was free. The staff seemed nice though my interactions with them was very limited. I dont think I would stay there again unless I had to. If staying here, will have to drive to the main street area where most of the shops and stores are.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pembroke, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We just stayed here for 3 nights and I was not impressed. Our room was on the second floor. We were directed to the elevator but never told that we would then have to go down a flight of stairs and up another one to get to our room while managing suitcases and bags. We were told that there are only double beds in the rooms and they seemed so small - time to upgrade to queen sized! When we asked about the shuttle bus to the beach, the woman at the concierge desk was not helpful and bordered on rude. The outdoor pool had only two umbrellas though there were other stands. I was told the umbrellas had broken and there weren't others. Really - a resort that can't replace a few umbrellas? So disappointing! This place needs a lot of work. I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed at this Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis in Oct. of 2013. I am writing this to warn prospective travelers about the strange stair configuration in this Center. If you are a senior citizen or anyone who has a knee problem, make certain that you get a room(s) with low numbers. The higher the room number, the more stairs you have to climb. Even though it is only two floors, going from one section to the other requires you to walk down a flight of stairs before entering the next section, and then having to walk up another flight of stairs. I finally found a way to avoid this, by walking on the outside of the units, but on one of the mornings it rained.

Room Tip: Get a room with low numbers
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Centereach, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This place wasn't terrible, but didn't come close to what any of us expected. When you travel to Cape Cod with your family and friends and book a room at what was billed, "an exclusive resort that the Kennedy's stayed at," you expect certain things. The landscaping was atrocious and completely overgrown, to the point that a friend and I actually started pulling weeds along one of the paths to the room. The rooms were so damp we had a loud dehumidifier running constantly and the entire hotel needed some significant upgrading.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
East Hampton, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was the most money I have ever spent at a hotel and it was by far the worst experience I have ever had. I understand the cost was high due to the time of year on the Cape. We ended up staying at the hotel the weekend of a wrestling tournament and the hotel was sold out. I'm surprised my wife and I could not get a king bed with a bunch of families staying at the hotel, but that is neither here nor there. The receptionist had a hard time saying my name "Thomas" which was the way I was greeted at the front desk. She didn't know how to use the TH. Anyway on to the hotel itself. We had a first floor room, when you walk through the long hallways you periodically go lower and lower. The lower you go the worse the smell, it gets musty. We had a dehumidifier in our room which I needed to empty 4 times in 2.5 days. I won't fault the hotel here because that is a large expensive issue that needs to be addressed and I feel like they are trying, but to have the carpet in the room wet is unacceptable and unsanitary. Not to mention the 2 drops of blood that were stained on the carpet. Next when you look at the ceiling you are left feeling unsafe due to wires hanging out where there should be a smoke alarm, along with black scuff marks on the ceiling that could have been removed with a magic eraser. I can look past all that but when you pull down the sheets there shouldn't be crumbs in the sheets. Were they even washed??? Bathroom functioned fine thank god even though the ceiling was collapsing in the bathroom and the porcelain tub was chipping and full of mold. At least they painted over the falling ceiling. The beds actually were comfortable it's just too bad the neighbors above us had to jump around all night. Indoor pool will get a good score no complaints here very clean and large great for a family. Golf course and outdoor pool also looked good. Lobby was clean and nice. I did not eat here so I cannot comment on the food. Lastly it was strange that there was no invoice under my door for my check out day. I asked at the front desk and they said I didn't need one. I was a little dumbfounded but I guess that was to be expected after my experience. The location was great for the beach, but for the cost of the room and for the longevity of the hotel please get that H VAC fixed in the building or at least the lower level. I know your trying but the problem is not fixed and I can only imagine the amount of mold that is under the rug and in the walls. This is and investment for the good of the hotel and it's guests health. As for the smoke detector missing that is unacceptable and the #1 reason I cannot give this hotel a good score. I will give a score of 2 because the common area's saved this hotel from being terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!