“Restaurant Closed During Morning Check-Out” 3 of 5 stars

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Restaurant Closed During Morning Check-Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

On the Memorial Day holiday weekend, one restaurant stopped serving at 10am, and the second restaurant didn't open until 11:30. only coffee and rolls were then available. During this 1-1/2 hour gap, the lobby was full of people disturbed that they could not eat. Because of this, I would recommend avoiding this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Winchester, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent several nights here while we were in Hyannis last summer. I was not impressed by the rooms but the lobby, restaurant and other areas seemed nice. The rooms that we stayed in were really damp feeling, especially the carpet. One morning at breakfast, someone's orange juice had mold on the carton. The breakfast itself was really good. The staff was very pleasant. The hotel just needed some TLC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington, Vermont, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

At every meal I was given a substitute that I could eat. Excellent poached salmon. Steamed veges. The staff was terrific. Loved my room with its balcony.

However I was aghast when I asked to have my sheets and towels stay put, and not replaced with clean towels and sheets daily. The front desk assured me they would call housekeeping. Well they forgot. So everything was changed. The ONLY way I could get them to leave sheets and towels alone, was to put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. And when I made the suggestion to several people, they said, yes, ok, but they really did not understand they should be doing this. Also nothing else is recycled either. No recycle cans anywhere.

They also do not have any maps to guide you around town. or even to walk around the golf course that is on the property?!

Again, staff was excellent. Beds excellent. WIFI was a bit slow.
YOu have to walk down very long halls and up and down stairs to get back to the front entrance.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room as close as possible to the main desk to avoid long long walks down long hallways...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Middletown, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've stayed here twice out of high season. Overall it's showing some wear both in the rooms and common areas, but is reasonably clean and well maintained for such a large and busy place. Grounds are well maintained. The layout of the place is strange. You can't access most of the rooms without using stairs (even when using the elevator), rendering the baggage carts somewhat useless. I had some trouble figuring out the TV remote, but I think that's the cable system's fault and not the hotel's. The pub/restaurant is nice, although I can't comment on the food. The staff are reasonably gracious and accommodating. It is close to the pubs and restaurants of downtown Hyannis.

My only complaint is cost. At $126 a night (special rate, taxes included) it's a little steep. I realize this is the Ccape but it was also out of season. The high cost is reflective of the expansive grounds and common areas that are expensive to maintain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Norton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I use Trip Advisior all the time when I travel so was concerned when I read the reviews but this was the location that our association had already selected ....So I went into it with concerns.. Guess as the saying goes "don't always believe what u read".. Brand new carpeting in guest rooms and hallway .. They were actually installing it in one of the areas when we were here.. The rooms overlooked snowy courtyard but very roomy and equal to a Hampton Inn kind if property.. We liked the sports pub and also liked to be able to walk out to Main St with great variety of restaurants.. Health Club on site is HUGE!! Wanna bring my family thus summer when it's nicer.. Ps.. No moldy smells at all.. Just new carpeting smell!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bedford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I must say I was hesitant to stay at this property after reading some of the negative reviews but I was presently surprised when I got there. The hotel looks as if it has recently been decorated and it is a very large place! The staff was very pleasant and the food in the restaurants and the banquet food was some of the best that I have had at hotels. I was at the hotel attending a conference and my room was great and also looked recently redone. The health club and pool resemble a fine private club. I have stayed at hotels such as this in the past but they have names like Marriott, Westin and from what I was told it used to be a Sheraton? One last thing is I travel all over for business and to get all this place to has to offer for the small price I paid was amazing. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: King Golf Course rooms are beautiful and have great views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
East Greenwich, Rhode Island, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for a basketball tournament and I was not impressed. The reservation staff were rude as well as the woman working at the "makeshift" starbucks counter!
The hotel layout was awkward.....very hard to get around and confusing...there is no 3rd or 4th floor! We were on the 1st floor and getting to the 3rd and 4th floors was a hike!
The rooms were musty and dank!
The restaurant staff were wonderful and so were the maintenance crew who came to fix our loud A/C-heating unit!
The pool was only open until 930 which I've never heard of before.
The breakfast buffet was horrible but surprised that the lunch and dinner food was very good.
The hotel website is extremely misleading.
We all are hoping our basketball association picks another hotel to stay at next year!

Room Tip: I would advise staying on an upper floors as they have balconys but make sure you ask for a room wit...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MarketingHyannis, Director of Sales at Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We thank you for your response and it is unfortunate that other hotel guests who were irresponsible spoiled your stay with us. It should have been a restful stay and it was not and for that we apologize. We would never expect a guest to pay for an experience such as yours and that is why your entire stay was complimentary and taken care of by the manager of the hotel.

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!