“The Tub Club Takes a Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“The Tub Club Takes a Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

A nice place but the price was kinda high for the bottom of the Cape.Edge of the little town to fool around & Hyannis is fairly cheap-we discovered Hot Diggitity Dog for a late snack. JFK Beach is not far away & free but all the other cost like a mother. The B-52's were staying there & playing across the street at 1/2 the price for them at the Mohican Sun the following week.

Room Tip: Gound floor is the only way to go.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was at this property for a conference, and I brought my family along with me. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. When we got to our room, it smelled very musty. We turned on the AC and the smell didn't bother us the rest of the stay. The kids were disappointed with the pools -- the outdoor one looks beautiful, but wasn't heated. The indoor pool is large, but they had some senior aerobics classes in the mornings, so the kids couldn't enjoy it then (they did enjoy it other times). The property is in a quiet setting and not along a busy highway. The conference center does have many amenities, including golf course, gift shop, spa, pools, restaurant and Starbucks. You can walk downtown from the hotel and it is a short drive to a beach. Overall, the property was just OK, if I was coming back sometime soon I would probably try a different hotel.

Stoughton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I just left yesterday after staying at this hotel for two nights. Having read some of the prior reviews, I was quite nervous about staying here but booked it since we had tickets to a concert at the CC Melody Tent. We were quite happy with our stay. Yes, there is a slight musty smell in the hall and, yes, it could use some updating but overall we were very happy with our stay. Our room was very nice; clean and well maintained. We had a king bed which was very comfortable. We travel frequently and this was one of the few times we both slept through the night. My husband and I are picky when it comes to the shower pressure and both of us found it to be very good. The gentleman, Juan, who checked us in was very pleasant and professional. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room. Overall, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor and faced a grassy courtyard. It did seem like a little bit of a hike to get to the room but it wasn't a big deal. We would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Coast, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding in the area, since this we received a discount rate because of the amount of rooms booked for the wedding guests. To start, I do always try to find something positive to say, so I will start and end with a very friendly and helpful staff. Let me count the ways I was disappointed. The wi-fi was slow and not reliable, and my AT&T wireless was virtually useless there. While they had new flat screen TV's, there was no HD service. The hotel is seriously in need of renovation and our room had a musty smell. There was a dance competition going on and there were little to teenage girls running all over the place getting ready to compete. There was no easy access to get luggage from your car to the room. Carts were only semi-helpful since you needed to carry bags over steps. I could go on, but I am sure you get the picture. Find another hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
East Greenville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Front desk was always pleasant and helpful. Facility is older, sits upon a Golf Course (I don't golf), has indoor and outdoor pools (which looked nice), a Beauty Shop (which was always busy) and a Sports Bar. The downfall, however, were the rooms. My room was located on the Ground Floor right on the Golf Course. It smelled so musty I could not believe it. Another woman banished to this second building complained of same mustiness as well as distance from the rest of the facility. The rooms were so dark and musty that they needed a good airing. Plus there was a refrigerator in the room which was so loud that I had to wear ear plugs just because of its noise.
I had a First at this hotel: under the bathroom counter, there was a bench. I pulled it out to put my pajamas on it before I took a bath. There was a pair of men's soiled underwear on the bench. This was the ultimate indication of the level of cleanliness for me.
Aside from the friendly Front Desk, I did like the fact that you could easily walk into downtown Hyannis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MarketingHyannis, Director of Sales at Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We sincerely apologize for your negative experience at our property and assure you that what you encountered in your bathroom is not the "norm" at our property. We regret that this happened and that this was missed by the room inspector who released this room for public sale. Regarding the musty smell in the guestrooms I think you noticed that every guestroom has outside access and large glass sliding doors that lead to private terraces that either overlook the golf course or the courtyard. Most hotels have sealed leaded glasses windows that don't open and are controlled by a regulated HVAC master unit and are never exposed to the outside air. Unfortunately with the salty air on Cape Cod and the fact that the rooms are always being exposed to the open air the rooms at times get trapped humidity which leave a musty odor at times. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning/dehumidifiers that normally eliminates that problem in the guestrooms. We again apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have incurred as a result and we thank you for your comments.
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed here for a conference. First impression - old, musty smell that permeates the hallways and rooms. Room was hot upon entering, had to turn on the AC and leave the room since it was hot and humid. Floors creek, bed was very uncomfortable. Same comforter is reused, which I gross. Blanket under the comforter was separated by a sheet and looked like an old worn sponge. No elevator (one in front lobby, however I was clear on the other side of the hotel). Side entrance was difficult to find, and looked more like a maintenance door. I had to drag my luggage up to the 2cd floor, all while trying to open the fire doors that separate each section of the hotel. Had there not been a conference here, I would have never stayed and would have relocated to another hotel. I would look around the area and choose a hotel a little more updated and one without a strange layout. Even at the conference rate, it was not worth the price. Front desk was pleasant, and housekeeping was attentive.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room and one near a proper exit.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a find in the area. Got really good rates via an external hotel site and didn't know what to expect. Pleasantly surprised when we arrived as the facilities are clean especially the leisure centre areas ie. indoor and outdoor pool, gym. Located just outside the main town of Hyannis and easy access by car to the main town (10 minutes) where most bars and restaurants are. Comfortable, clean and well furnished rooms. Free Wifi! From experience, some hotels at this day and age still charge for it!

Front desk staff were helpful at the time we were there.

Met a friendly lad from Ireland (Tom) who works at the outdoor pool area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!