“A great place to hold large events” 5 of 5 stars

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Raynham, Massachusetts
“A great place to hold large events”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have worked with the Resort and Conference Center for many years at a former position doing a large event for 1200 guests. When I started my new position at Perkins, I was pleased to know we would be having our food show at the Resort and even more pleased when I realized that Jennifer, the Director of Catering, would once again be my contact. Working with Jen in the past and knowing how efficient she is, how great she is with follow up, and how well she knew former event, made me confident that our experience this year would be a great one. Jen was flexible with our needs and all of our changes (and we made many). She was attentive to the needs of our guests and staff and when there was a problem or anything that needed to be handled, she was always right there to step in and make sure our needs were addressed. The staff that day was always available for cleaning and getting us what we needed to make sure our event ran smoothly. This being my first year doing this event, I felt like I had been doing it for years because of the willingness of Jen and her team to work with me to make it great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

As an event planner, I have acted as lead planner for a community event held every year in the fall. The event involves continental breakfast, multiple coffee breaks, plated lunch, and evening reception for an audience of over 500 attendees. The educational piece of the day includes multiple workshops, as well as a trade show.

Having forged a relationship with Jennifer, Catering Sales Manager, over many years that we have held our event, I can say that she has made the day and the process leading up to this a very smooth project. I have never had to worry about all the minute details, and know that our guests will be taken care of. The banquet and a/v staff have been fabulous to work with, and they are there for my requests at a moments notice. Our group will continue to host our event at the resort for many years to come.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyannis, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Going to the HRCC was my first time looking at a wedding venue. My family has a history there, so I was very excited to be going and couldn't wait to see what they could do for me.
I was greeted by Jennifer, who couldn't even crack a smile or say nice to meet you. She had a major attitude right from the get go. She showed me the room where the cocktail hour would be, then the deck, and then the football field sized room for my 80-90person reception. I asked if we could add dividers to make the room smaller, she said no. Everything I asked her, she told me no. I said we weren't doing a traditional wedding cake, and she asked me where they would put the table. Not my problem! Every question I asked was answered with a "sigh", eye rolls and a no. At no point was there any "I'll see what we can do for you" or "let me look into that".
I emailed the VP of sales and he backed her up; said that she was just following protocol and showing me what they could do for me, and it wasn't their job to bend to what I wanted. I'm sorry, but if I'm considering spending thousands of dollars at your venue, you should bend a little. Telling a bride that she can't have anything of what she wants, is now how you do business. Best part of his email back to me was that he told me that the HRCC is NOT a wedding venue!!!! They cater to large conventions and he is sorry that my expectations were not met. If you're not a wedding venue, don't waste my time and don't advertise yourselves as such!!
I would never in a million years recommend this place as a reception venue. Jennifer was less than hospitable and I left with tears and feeling deflated. For someone who is the sales manager, she needs a lesson in customer service. Cracking a smile every now and then wouldn't hurt her either.

Spend your hard earned money elsewhere ladies!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here the night before the Hyannis Half Marathon. The room was clean but overall this very large hotel is outdated and in need of basic maintenance like paint and new carpets. We stayed in a room far from the front desk and it was quiet. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The buffet breakfast offered on race day was good and the restaurant staff was attentive and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nantucket
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Service was fine but from the first moment we stepped into our hallway (at the very far end of the property #400s) we were completely discouraged. Dingy, worn carpet just awful. Room was clean, a little more up to date than the hallway. Only saving grace was the bed seemed to be the newest feature in the room. Comfortable with lots of pillows. TV service terrible and bathroom quite dark. Sorry, but I'm heading back to the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor, apparently they've been redone.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for three days with my student council. The rooms were well kept but the vents were very dusty. The staff was accommodating and the hotel is well suited for a conference. The food was good but some meals were blah. The pool is heated and fantastic. Very good experience at this resort.

• Stayed March 2013
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before running the Hyannis Marathon. The entire hotel had a worn out run down feel to it. The only positive thing I can say is the room was clean. The night before the marathon my wife and I wanted to relax in the room and save our energy. We attempted to watch t.v. but the picture was awful. It looked like someone needed to adjust the antenna. The hotel advertises free wif-fi but it was super slow and kept not working. Why bother advertising free wi-fi if it doesn't work? But the biggest reason for the low rating is that the hotel advertise's late check out on the day of the marathon but the hotel did not honor that promise. The marathon was in cold weather and it was pouring rain. In other words it was miserable out. My wife and I were looking forward to a shower after the race but when we got back to our room our key card wouldn't work. We then walk the very long distance back to the front desk and we got an apology and a new key card. We then walked back to our room and once again the key card wouldn't work. At this point we gave up on getting back into our room (luckily we had packed our stuff and put in our car before the race). We left freezing cold and drenched because we were simply too exhausted to make another walk back to the front desk. To non-marthoners these complaints sound small but I hope marathoners will understand how obnoxious these problems were. Because of the terrible service of this hotel I would recommend running another marathon. This hotel is designated as the host site for the Hyannis Marathon and the start/stop line is right outside but the terrible service outweighs the good location. Skip the marathon. Skip the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here and run the Hyannis Marathon request a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!