“Great conference hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Oxford, Massachusetts
“Great conference hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for three days with my student council. The rooms were well kept but the vents were very dusty. The staff was accommodating and the hotel is well suited for a conference. The food was good but some meals were blah. The pool is heated and fantastic. Very good experience at this resort.

• Stayed March 2013

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before running the Hyannis Marathon. The entire hotel had a worn out run down feel to it. The only positive thing I can say is the room was clean. The night before the marathon my wife and I wanted to relax in the room and save our energy. We attempted to watch t.v. but the picture was awful. It looked like someone needed to adjust the antenna. The hotel advertises free wif-fi but it was super slow and kept not working. Why bother advertising free wi-fi if it doesn't work? But the biggest reason for the low rating is that the hotel advertise's late check out on the day of the marathon but the hotel did not honor that promise. The marathon was in cold weather and it was pouring rain. In other words it was miserable out. My wife and I were looking forward to a shower after the race but when we got back to our room our key card wouldn't work. We then walk the very long distance back to the front desk and we got an apology and a new key card. We then walked back to our room and once again the key card wouldn't work. At this point we gave up on getting back into our room (luckily we had packed our stuff and put in our car before the race). We left freezing cold and drenched because we were simply too exhausted to make another walk back to the front desk. To non-marthoners these complaints sound small but I hope marathoners will understand how obnoxious these problems were. Because of the terrible service of this hotel I would recommend running another marathon. This hotel is designated as the host site for the Hyannis Marathon and the start/stop line is right outside but the terrible service outweighs the good location. Skip the marathon. Skip the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here and run the Hyannis Marathon request a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights; third year in a row for a quilt gathering. Rooms are comfortable and the staff accommodating, especially the custodial staff who took care of the huge ballroom we quilted in. It is true, as other reviewers have mentioned, that there is perhaps one security guard at night, and too large an area to cover. Most outside doors appear to be locked after 11:00 pm. So I was careful what I left in my room...
Conference food on Saturday night and Sunday morning was delicious. The restaurant Bogey's, however, I will not be patronizing again. This is the second year in a row that we have had trouble in Bogey's. They can't seem to handle separate checks, which is odd for a hotel that constantly hosts different conferences! In Bogey's the service is slow, and there is never enough staff. The food is good though, but not worth the hassle when there are other food options nearby in Hyannis. (For example, the Olive Garden is very accommodating to our large-ish group.)
We had breakfast at Mulligan's which is nearly hidden behind the piano lounge. Breakfast good and reasonably priced.
Winter winds not kind to this hotel which is obviously better built for summer - snow was blowing in under several outside doors during a brisk snowstorm! But I was never cold in my bedroom. The heaters are noisy, but I dealt with that by turning it off at night, and it heats up quickly as soon as it was turned back on in the morning.

Room Tip: Mid-hallway, away from outside doors. Avoid handicap rooms unless you need one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My company hosted a luncheon meeting here today and it was great. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous. I had the Alantic cod and it was cooked to perfection. The veggies that came with it were fresh and seasoned beautifully. I heard from others that the chicken dish was equally good. The caesar salad was cold and crisp, just the way I like it. The dessert, an apple tart, was delicious! Prices were reasonable and the staff was helpful, polite and friendly. Jennifer in the event booking office is a pleasure to work with. She made sure all our needs were met and it was an easy process. I would definitely recommend this conference center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

With a driving ban on and a big snow storm, we were stuck here. The first night was nice. Then the place lost heat and power. Although they gave us free chowder, sandwiches and coffee in the cold lobby we were not given a break on the room price for the night in a dark room with no heat.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was here for several days for a conference. Upon my arrival I realized that I had left my phone charger back in NYC (something I have never done). I mentioned this to the staff member upon check in and she offered to let me borrow one from lost and found. I was thrilled! I had such a great experience with each staff member I interacted with.

I wish I could say the same about the state of the hotel and the room I stayed in. The hotel is very old and not kept up well. It's has an unfortunate 'old' odor to it and the internet is VERY VERY frustratingly weak. As i was there on business - they made things very difficult to accomplish.

The room was quite large, which is great. However, I could also hear virtually everything being said in the adjacent room via a very think connecting door.

Again, the staff were wonderful and that can really help any somewhat bad situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you stay off season, be sure to ask if the restaurant is open. We checked in late one evening and found out then that there would be no food service during our stay.

I was also concerned when I found out that the property has no security.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!