“Okay for a conference” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
“Okay for a conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights; third year in a row for a quilt gathering. Rooms are comfortable and the staff accommodating, especially the custodial staff who took care of the huge ballroom we quilted in. It is true, as other reviewers have mentioned, that there is perhaps one security guard at night, and too large an area to cover. Most outside doors appear to be locked after 11:00 pm. So I was careful what I left in my room...
Conference food on Saturday night and Sunday morning was delicious. The restaurant Bogey's, however, I will not be patronizing again. This is the second year in a row that we have had trouble in Bogey's. They can't seem to handle separate checks, which is odd for a hotel that constantly hosts different conferences! In Bogey's the service is slow, and there is never enough staff. The food is good though, but not worth the hassle when there are other food options nearby in Hyannis. (For example, the Olive Garden is very accommodating to our large-ish group.)
We had breakfast at Mulligan's which is nearly hidden behind the piano lounge. Breakfast good and reasonably priced.
Winter winds not kind to this hotel which is obviously better built for summer - snow was blowing in under several outside doors during a brisk snowstorm! But I was never cold in my bedroom. The heaters are noisy, but I dealt with that by turning it off at night, and it heats up quickly as soon as it was turned back on in the morning.

Room Tip: Mid-hallway, away from outside doors. Avoid handicap rooms unless you need one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My company hosted a luncheon meeting here today and it was great. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous. I had the Alantic cod and it was cooked to perfection. The veggies that came with it were fresh and seasoned beautifully. I heard from others that the chicken dish was equally good. The caesar salad was cold and crisp, just the way I like it. The dessert, an apple tart, was delicious! Prices were reasonable and the staff was helpful, polite and friendly. Jennifer in the event booking office is a pleasure to work with. She made sure all our needs were met and it was an easy process. I would definitely recommend this conference center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

With a driving ban on and a big snow storm, we were stuck here. The first night was nice. Then the place lost heat and power. Although they gave us free chowder, sandwiches and coffee in the cold lobby we were not given a break on the room price for the night in a dark room with no heat.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was here for several days for a conference. Upon my arrival I realized that I had left my phone charger back in NYC (something I have never done). I mentioned this to the staff member upon check in and she offered to let me borrow one from lost and found. I was thrilled! I had such a great experience with each staff member I interacted with.

I wish I could say the same about the state of the hotel and the room I stayed in. The hotel is very old and not kept up well. It's has an unfortunate 'old' odor to it and the internet is VERY VERY frustratingly weak. As i was there on business - they made things very difficult to accomplish.

The room was quite large, which is great. However, I could also hear virtually everything being said in the adjacent room via a very think connecting door.

Again, the staff were wonderful and that can really help any somewhat bad situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you stay off season, be sure to ask if the restaurant is open. We checked in late one evening and found out then that there would be no food service during our stay.

I was also concerned when I found out that the property has no security.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit the Resort in October 2010 with a Golfing group and again in December 2010 and June 2012 for business conferences. During each event I have to say, the resort handled the accommodations wonderfully.

During the Golf event we had a dinner social in one of the smaller banquet rooms. I found the atmosphere pretty typical however the food was definitely better than is usually expected in these type events. In fact, the food and service was quite good!! (I particularly recall the squash soup appetizer-really quite good!

During the two other business events, my partner had coordinated the events years in advance with the staff. They were outstanding and very accommodating in every regard. When the numbers of participants became higher than anticipated, the staff went out of their way to adjust our set up in order to make our event run smoothly and extremely successful. We cannot say enough about the event staff--they are among the best our organization has ever worked with.

There are 2 restaurants and bars downstairs, both of which have individual personalities. A "sports bar" had great nachos and snacks, as well as a wonderful view and access of the pool in the summer. The other bar is located in the lobby and is a bit more upscale. A wonderful and "interactive" piano player on the weekends makes things festive and fun-and he takes requests! In addition, there is a more formal dining experience in the lobby area. I tried a number of their menu items which were very good as well.

I think the thing that makes this resort run so well is the wonderful staff, cleanliness of the rooms and the consistency of their product. I would very much recommend the Resort to any organization for a conference or to any couple or family looking for a getaway --just remember that it is a bit of a walk from Main Street for older folks or small children.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have attended a large conference held here every June for the past 16 years. This is the only Cape Cod resort that could handle a very large crowd with success.
When it came time to choose a hotel to have my daughter's wedding reception, this was the first place we had in mind. In October, our wedding guests stayed at this resort. The wedding reception was held here and the farewell breakfast as well. There were NO complaints from our guests. Everyone commented about the great food. The event planners and hotel employees are top notch. They made sure that everything went smoothly. Our guests loved the location and the atmosphere.
Everyone was impressed with the availability of the Spa, Salon, 2 pools, and excellent golf course directly on the property.
When my next daughter gets married, I would definately book the Resort and Conference Center again.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room overlooking the Golf Course. If one cannot walk far, there are rooms close t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!