“The staff is much nicer than the acomidations.” 3 of 5 stars

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
New York, New York, United States
“The staff is much nicer than the acomidations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was here for several days for a conference. Upon my arrival I realized that I had left my phone charger back in NYC (something I have never done). I mentioned this to the staff member upon check in and she offered to let me borrow one from lost and found. I was thrilled! I had such a great experience with each staff member I interacted with.

I wish I could say the same about the state of the hotel and the room I stayed in. The hotel is very old and not kept up well. It's has an unfortunate 'old' odor to it and the internet is VERY VERY frustratingly weak. As i was there on business - they made things very difficult to accomplish.

The room was quite large, which is great. However, I could also hear virtually everything being said in the adjacent room via a very think connecting door.

Again, the staff were wonderful and that can really help any somewhat bad situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you stay off season, be sure to ask if the restaurant is open. We checked in late one evening and found out then that there would be no food service during our stay.

I was also concerned when I found out that the property has no security.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit the Resort in October 2010 with a Golfing group and again in December 2010 and June 2012 for business conferences. During each event I have to say, the resort handled the accommodations wonderfully.

During the Golf event we had a dinner social in one of the smaller banquet rooms. I found the atmosphere pretty typical however the food was definitely better than is usually expected in these type events. In fact, the food and service was quite good!! (I particularly recall the squash soup appetizer-really quite good!

During the two other business events, my partner had coordinated the events years in advance with the staff. They were outstanding and very accommodating in every regard. When the numbers of participants became higher than anticipated, the staff went out of their way to adjust our set up in order to make our event run smoothly and extremely successful. We cannot say enough about the event staff--they are among the best our organization has ever worked with.

There are 2 restaurants and bars downstairs, both of which have individual personalities. A "sports bar" had great nachos and snacks, as well as a wonderful view and access of the pool in the summer. The other bar is located in the lobby and is a bit more upscale. A wonderful and "interactive" piano player on the weekends makes things festive and fun-and he takes requests! In addition, there is a more formal dining experience in the lobby area. I tried a number of their menu items which were very good as well.

I think the thing that makes this resort run so well is the wonderful staff, cleanliness of the rooms and the consistency of their product. I would very much recommend the Resort to any organization for a conference or to any couple or family looking for a getaway --just remember that it is a bit of a walk from Main Street for older folks or small children.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have attended a large conference held here every June for the past 16 years. This is the only Cape Cod resort that could handle a very large crowd with success.
When it came time to choose a hotel to have my daughter's wedding reception, this was the first place we had in mind. In October, our wedding guests stayed at this resort. The wedding reception was held here and the farewell breakfast as well. There were NO complaints from our guests. Everyone commented about the great food. The event planners and hotel employees are top notch. They made sure that everything went smoothly. Our guests loved the location and the atmosphere.
Everyone was impressed with the availability of the Spa, Salon, 2 pools, and excellent golf course directly on the property.
When my next daughter gets married, I would definately book the Resort and Conference Center again.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room overlooking the Golf Course. If one cannot walk far, there are rooms close t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
boston ma.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am not a person to write a really negative review but this time I couldn't help myself. A colleague and myself checked in for 2 nights as we were attending a conference. The hotel is a huge maze where you have to go up and down stairs to get to some of the rooms. The hallways are dark and smelly, and the carpeting is horribly stained. We had a difficult time finding plugs and when we did our cell phone plugs just fell out of the wall plug. We ended up charging our phones and laptops in the bathroom. There was a large wooden wardrobe in place of a closet but it was positioned in such a way that you had to walk sideways to get by it. While I got a hot shower, my colleague didn't and many conference participants said they didn't either. I am sure that I will attend this conference again but next time I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to stay close to the front desk.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TIFTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It's a comfortable conference center with friendly staff and good food. The golf course, even though it wasn't big was well kept. If it weren't for an expensive african artifact getting stolen, a large and rare inlaid wood carving I would have given this place two thumbs up. It was only after the theft that I discovered that the place has absolutely no security whatsoever. For as large as it is, and for as much as they charge I was shocked that there isn't one single security camera there. And, there are no security guards or security staff there. When something is stolen, even something as valuable as what I lost the response was just to give me a lost and found form to fill out. I explained that my carving was huge and it wasn't something that one could just slip under their coat or something. It would have to have been carried away with difficulty and it wasn't lost, it was stolen. The front desk personnel apologized and said that there was nothing that could be done. All I could do is fill out the lost and found form.
If you're a thief, this a place you want to visit!

Room Tip: Don't let any of your valuables out of your sight!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent a weekend here for a group function and was very pleased with the accommodations, function rooms, amenities and the friendliness of the staff.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The food was excellent and varied, and the staff was very accommodating by allowing us to make slight changes in the established buffet menu without changing the cost.
There is plenty to do in the Hyannis area, all within a short drive or walk from the resort.

Room Tip: If you need to be close to parking, ask for a room on the front side of the resort. Rooms on the go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!