“Prime location to stay on Cape Cod” 5 of 5 stars

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Needham, Massachusetts
“Prime location to stay on Cape Cod”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have attended a large conference held here every June for the past 16 years. This is the only Cape Cod resort that could handle a very large crowd with success.
When it came time to choose a hotel to have my daughter's wedding reception, this was the first place we had in mind. In October, our wedding guests stayed at this resort. The wedding reception was held here and the farewell breakfast as well. There were NO complaints from our guests. Everyone commented about the great food. The event planners and hotel employees are top notch. They made sure that everything went smoothly. Our guests loved the location and the atmosphere.
Everyone was impressed with the availability of the Spa, Salon, 2 pools, and excellent golf course directly on the property.
When my next daughter gets married, I would definately book the Resort and Conference Center again.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room overlooking the Golf Course. If one cannot walk far, there are rooms close t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
boston ma.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am not a person to write a really negative review but this time I couldn't help myself. A colleague and myself checked in for 2 nights as we were attending a conference. The hotel is a huge maze where you have to go up and down stairs to get to some of the rooms. The hallways are dark and smelly, and the carpeting is horribly stained. We had a difficult time finding plugs and when we did our cell phone plugs just fell out of the wall plug. We ended up charging our phones and laptops in the bathroom. There was a large wooden wardrobe in place of a closet but it was positioned in such a way that you had to walk sideways to get by it. While I got a hot shower, my colleague didn't and many conference participants said they didn't either. I am sure that I will attend this conference again but next time I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to stay close to the front desk.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TIFTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It's a comfortable conference center with friendly staff and good food. The golf course, even though it wasn't big was well kept. If it weren't for an expensive african artifact getting stolen, a large and rare inlaid wood carving I would have given this place two thumbs up. It was only after the theft that I discovered that the place has absolutely no security whatsoever. For as large as it is, and for as much as they charge I was shocked that there isn't one single security camera there. And, there are no security guards or security staff there. When something is stolen, even something as valuable as what I lost the response was just to give me a lost and found form to fill out. I explained that my carving was huge and it wasn't something that one could just slip under their coat or something. It would have to have been carried away with difficulty and it wasn't lost, it was stolen. The front desk personnel apologized and said that there was nothing that could be done. All I could do is fill out the lost and found form.
If you're a thief, this a place you want to visit!

Room Tip: Don't let any of your valuables out of your sight!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent a weekend here for a group function and was very pleased with the accommodations, function rooms, amenities and the friendliness of the staff.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The food was excellent and varied, and the staff was very accommodating by allowing us to make slight changes in the established buffet menu without changing the cost.
There is plenty to do in the Hyannis area, all within a short drive or walk from the resort.

Room Tip: If you need to be close to parking, ask for a room on the front side of the resort. Rooms on the go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I wish I could have written a good review as we didn't really get a chance to look into the ammentities. Stayed at this hotel at the end of September 2012 and the first thing that caught our eyes was the somewhat dated lobby. That kind of set the mood for what was to come I guess. Once we received our key we took the long trek to our room. Although the main desk did show us two ways to the room we had our bags in tow and decided to venture through the hotel. We stayed on the golf course side which cost a bit extra for the view but may have had one if we were on the second floor. In any case back to the review and the reason I am writing this. The odor in the hallway was tough to handle and just seem to get worse as we finnally managed to get to the other end of the hotel. Once in the room the smell did not seem to dicipate it just lingered. I think this smell could be from the water issues and drainage. The surrounding walkways outside the room and through the courtyard was musty and visually mossy green. Moisture can "dampen" many things including our expectations. I did check out the bar and restaurant and it seemed clean but after seeing ants in our bathroom we decided to check out the next morning to seek another hotel. There are some 3 star hotels in the area but are harder to find online it is best to get out and explore a bit is what we did. This I would rank as a two only for the odors.

Room Tip: Ask if the carpet issues have been fixed and ask for a second floor if you want a view of the golf c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Recently hosted a function for fifty people here. I couldn't be happier. The staff did an excellent job assisting us with any special needs. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was superb and plentiful. Dietary restrictions were accommodated. Plenty of parking and a short walk to Main Street Hyannis was a big hit with guests. The function room was beautiful, it overlooked the golf course. High praise for all from the moment we checked in till we sadly drove away.

• Stayed September 2012
Derbyshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights had to change room 3 times as the rooms were very small. This is a 200 room hotel we were one of 15 people in the hotel. This speaks a lot for and how popular it is. The staff were not the most helpful. Breakfast was poor they need a lesson in how to cook.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!