“Great place for a function” 5 of 5 stars

You added Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis to your Saves list
Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Scudder Avenue, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
“Great place for a function”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent a weekend here for a group function and was very pleased with the accommodations, function rooms, amenities and the friendliness of the staff.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The food was excellent and varied, and the staff was very accommodating by allowing us to make slight changes in the established buffet menu without changing the cost.
There is plenty to do in the Hyannis area, all within a short drive or walk from the resort.

Room Tip: If you need to be close to parking, ask for a room on the front side of the resort. Rooms on the go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I wish I could have written a good review as we didn't really get a chance to look into the ammentities. Stayed at this hotel at the end of September 2012 and the first thing that caught our eyes was the somewhat dated lobby. That kind of set the mood for what was to come I guess. Once we received our key we took the long trek to our room. Although the main desk did show us two ways to the room we had our bags in tow and decided to venture through the hotel. We stayed on the golf course side which cost a bit extra for the view but may have had one if we were on the second floor. In any case back to the review and the reason I am writing this. The odor in the hallway was tough to handle and just seem to get worse as we finnally managed to get to the other end of the hotel. Once in the room the smell did not seem to dicipate it just lingered. I think this smell could be from the water issues and drainage. The surrounding walkways outside the room and through the courtyard was musty and visually mossy green. Moisture can "dampen" many things including our expectations. I did check out the bar and restaurant and it seemed clean but after seeing ants in our bathroom we decided to check out the next morning to seek another hotel. There are some 3 star hotels in the area but are harder to find online it is best to get out and explore a bit is what we did. This I would rank as a two only for the odors.

Room Tip: Ask if the carpet issues have been fixed and ask for a second floor if you want a view of the golf c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Recently hosted a function for fifty people here. I couldn't be happier. The staff did an excellent job assisting us with any special needs. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was superb and plentiful. Dietary restrictions were accommodated. Plenty of parking and a short walk to Main Street Hyannis was a big hit with guests. The function room was beautiful, it overlooked the golf course. High praise for all from the moment we checked in till we sadly drove away.

• Stayed September 2012
Derbyshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights had to change room 3 times as the rooms were very small. This is a 200 room hotel we were one of 15 people in the hotel. This speaks a lot for and how popular it is. The staff were not the most helpful. Breakfast was poor they need a lesson in how to cook.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I traveled to Hyannis this past weekend for a quick cape getaway to enjoy the last days of summer. Because of our work schedules, we had to travel in different cars and there was plenty of parking and we had no problem getting to and from our rooms. My grandmother is a hard sell and loved the jacuzzi for relaxing as well as being able to scope out the golf course. Our room was good sized for 4 people, we had no problems. I was able to get my nails done at the salon. YES. and I was able to walk to the main area of town to explore the shops and eat lots of food. In the future i'd totally stay there and get tickets to a Melody Tent show in the summer. walk, sleep, eat annd hear great music? done deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My family and I were recently invited with a group of families and business associates to spend a weekend on Cape Cod. I travel all over the country and when I think of lodging on the cape I think of the seasonal strip motels and the cottage colonies. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis and found it completely modern with a bunch of amenities. I was able to get Wi-fi for free, I got parking for free and there was not a big resort fee just for laying by the pool or using the gym. The best thing was there was no need to drive which is a big plus they are right on the main street and there was so many places to walk to it was easy. The rooms were good sized, new, clean and the beds were very comfortable. The place is very large and the staff was extremely pleasant and made you feel at home and seemed to be really enjoying working there which is always a plus. I highly recommend this hotel for a nice weekend away.

Room Tip: The view overlooking the beautiful golf course is great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

In town for a show across the street at the Cape Cod Melody Tent. The Resort is convenient to so many things and walking distance to downtown Hyannis and all of those shops and restaurants.

The room overlooked the golf course - though we don't golf, there's something peaceful and beautiful about the links, especially in the morning. It was a spacious, updated and very clean room with a great bed. I was more than surprised. I though all Cape Cod rooms were small, smelled like dead crab and were covered with sand!

We ate at the bar before going to the show. Terrific pub menu, nice liquor selection and plenty of tv's. The price was right, too. The morning after, we enjoyed a quiet sit-down breakfast - eggs, blueberry pancakes. Excellent.

I think about the only thing that could be improved - the hallways are a little warm and dated. But you forget about that once you're inside the room.

The price we paid, about $200, was a bargain for a Cape Cod weekend. Add to that the comfort level of the room and dining, and this is a place we will be staying at again.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!