“Best Stay EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Charlestown, Rhode Island, United States
“Best Stay EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel it was clean and the views were great.
Excellent staff really made us feel welcome and very friendly!
Next year I am coming back and bringing the kids!
We were there for a wedding and it was a beautiful setting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I helped coordinate a conference at this facility in June. From the beginning the staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. They went out of their way to make sure that we had a positive experience.

The food was good and there were no issues with service or quality. Guest rooms were average but were clean and functional.

I would recommend this hotel for any groups looking to hold a conference in the Hyannis area.

• Stayed June 2012
Littleton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Massachusetts Collectors & Treasurers Association recently held it's annual conference at the Resort & Conference Center, and it was a great experience. There were over 350 members in attendence as well as 150 vendors, and collectively, there was nothing but great compliements for the hotel accomodations, the terrific staff and service. Our Association had not been to the Resort & Conference Center in 20 years, but we are making arrangements to return. What was great is that the hotel and staff treated our members and vendors as a individual guest of the hotel, which made all the difference. If you are looking for a conference hotel on Cape Cod, look to the Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis, first.
Mike Hanlon
MCTA
Executive Director

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

It's not the best location but frankly that is not a deal breaker as Hyannis has enough public parking. Rooms were spacious and clean enough.

We dined out but used the Starbucks in the hotel for breakfast which was a bit thin on choice and being out of town a tiny bit there were no nearby alternatives.

But I often think its the reaction you get when things go wrong that counts so when a toilet overflowed they were onto it immediately and moved us. No trouble.

It's a big centre with a lot of US business folks staying there which gives you an idea of its core market rather than the tourist I suspect but nevertheless it was fine for both.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Disgusting.we walked into the room to find the sheets dirty and with hairs on them.we found more in the bathroom as well as pubic hair.the balcony's door was kept shut by a metal stick.fridge was making a horrible noise.we asked to change the sheets and they did but they couldn't help was with the pillow covers because as they said they don't have anymore.musty smell all over the hallways .for 220$ a night you can find something way better.if you are looking for a place to enjoy THIS IS NOT IT

• Stayed August 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Recently I stayed at this hotel as part of a business trip. My trip to and fro was fraught with mishaps (outrageous enough to warrant a blog entry) so I was thrilled to finally reach my destination at the Resort and Conference Center. I was expecting a fairly typical business hotel experience and, in many ways I got it. The lobby was pleasant, the bar had lots of seating and even boasted a wonderful pianist in the evening. The one restaurant did not disappoint (I liked the choice of pot stickers and coconut shrimp on the appetizer menu). I had a salad one night that was not only good but very generous. The buffets set out during the meetings were more than adequate with chicken, fish, fresh salad and tasty deserts.

Unfortunately, the facility itself was old. The never-ending, dark, dank hallways were a little freaky for a woman alone. There was a musty smell throughout because these halls were not air-conditioned. So, on a muggy, rainy, hot day it was tough to get from my room to m presentation feeling fresh as a daisy.

My room was incredibly large featuring both a bedroom and living room. The bed was huge, the linens fresh (although no feather or down pillows). It had a sort of 1950s feel and there were times I half expected the Rat Pack to come through the door and ask if I wanted a cocktail. Both the bedroom and living room looked out onto the golf course. That was lovely but there is no patio, only small bits of concrete with plastic chairs. Still, on the one gloriously sunny day it was a pleasure to step outside and take a moment. Air-conditioners are wall units and mine was particularly noisy (I found out later that mine was not the only one that rhythmically belched through the night). In my case, the lock on my bedroom door was broken and I did report it and someone fixed one lock but not the safety lock.

Bottom line, I was happy that I hadn't booked the hotel for a vacation. For two conference days it was definitely acceptable. Solving the problem of the hallways and the air-conditioners would go a long way to making this a great hotel.*

*Forgot to mention. There personnel were lovely. No complaints there.

Room Tip: Try to get one close to the lobby otherwise it's a long walk - especially if you're in heels...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is a convention type "hotel" motel- - There was a few gatherings going on while we were there- we didnt feel safe as anyone could just walk into the hotel without any ID- Also there is no security locks on the doors leading to the hotel hall ways- and no room safe??? The rates were extremely high 220++ per night- Look else where as there is better value on the cape-

We had to carry our bags up 2 flight of stairs- - - the Hotel is very old and out dated- the hall ways were dirty- with food from room service left out all day and night- The room it self was "ok" we stayed 3 nights and more and it would of been unbearable- The Pool was clean BUT the chairs were so uncomfortable we could only stay for 30 min - The hotel breakfast was ok too however, I had to send my order back 2x because they apparently are not familiar with a egg white omelet-

The location is what attracted us to this place- Its very close (walking distance) to town and a short drive to the beach- I would suggest making a reservation for any place in town during summer season as the waits were 90+ min without-

Over all I would not stay here again- I would look for something a little more up to date- ie: a Elevator-

Room Tip: ask fir a room on the opposite side of the parking lot- as the rooms facing the parking lot are very...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!