“Since last year, a couple of things have changed” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Hull
Montreal
“Since last year, a couple of things have changed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Hi! Just to let you know that this hotel does not offer the breakfast anymore. If your planning to have the breakfast at the restaurant Raffael's, on the premises it will cost you about 10$/pers. (Go to Brueggers Bakery at 211 Lincoln Street, Hingham. Cost less and it is good.). The hotel is still very clean and you will not be disappointed. Our fireplace was not working, front desk told me that it was because of the wind... Other customers had the same problem too. So check your fireplace, if you expect to have one working! Last year they had good cookies at night in the lobby, well...They do not have them anymore. Even if these things are gone, you will enjoy this hotel. The room are not small, a family of 4 is ok in it. Beds are good too. There are many restaurants and shops in Hingham. Very easy for you to go Boston by car from this hotel and/or take the public transport in Quincy. It cost us 4$/pers on Sunday from Wallaston station. There is a parking lot at this station (+ fee).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We really liked our room. It was clean & spacious. It was a corner room with a balcony and extra windows with an oceanfront view. The hotel was just across the street from the beach. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel. The kids loved the whirlpool in the room and hotel's indoor pool. We were able to drive to a ferry to take us to the New England Aquirum. The male concierge was rude & not helpful. The people at the frontdesk didn't appear knowlegable when asking about the area. Other than that, this is a great hotel by a quiet and not crowded beach.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed at the Clarion at the end of the season and were really impressed. I was in Massachusetts on business and brought along my family. I wanted to lodge them somewhere safe and with things to do within walking distance while I was at work. This was it. The hotel has very large rooms, that were very clean. (already a winner in my wife's eyes) The balconies look across to the ocean and it is a short walk to a few restaurants. Take a short drive to Hingham and eat at the Snug...a great little Irish pub. Also, Jake's Seafood Restaurant was great and very accomodating for families. It is right across the street from the merry-go-round, which was also really nice. The pool area is very nice and was always empty. The roof opened during nice days, but we mostly swam in the ocean...which was surprisingly not that cold.

There is a ferry that will take you to Boston a few miles away, but you are only 20 minutes with no traffic anyways.

This was a surprisingly great little work/holiday. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. My friends and I (there were 4 of us), were taking a 'weekend' getaway, Sunday to Tuesday. The prices at this hotel during off season, were right in where our budget fell. They were having the Buy One Get One promo - buy one room, get one free - or buy one night, get the second free. We decided to share a room and stay an extra night.

We checked in at about 2pm on Sunday afternoon. Upon check-in, my friends decided to mention that we were there to celebrate my 30th birthday by visiting Boston. Within seconds, they had us upgraded us to a 3rd floor double bedded ocean view room w/ balcony for the same price that we were quoted for the standard 2 bed room. Now this hotel is a 45 minute drive from Boston, but to be honest, the drive was worth it once we got back to the room and could relax with the view we had.

Upon entering our room, we were in a little hallway that lead from the room door to the bathroom, where there is a huge jet tub. In the main room, there were 2 double beds, a gas fireplace, table w/ chairs, and the hunky armoire that held the TV. We had to try the fireplace, as it was a bit chilly being November; just a touch of a dial and the fireplace came to life. But, I have to say that the absolute best part of the room was the view. WOW! The blinds were open and all I saw was the ocean. The great big expanse of it. Then you walk out onto the little balcony, and you can see it all.. The light house across the beach, the birds flying over the water, and the ships far out to see. It was amazing.

Okay, so we got everything situated in our room, and decided to head down to the pool and hot tub. It was absolutely wonderful. The pool was heated, but just enough to keep the chill off. Now, mind you the roof was closed due to the time of year, but you could still look out the windows and see the ocean and the blue skies.

So we decided to take a nighttime stroll along the beach. The night desk man was extremely nice and gave us some flashlights to walk with and a bag to collect shells with. He was extremely polite. (On our way back in, as we were giving him the flashlights, we also asked for extra hangers and towels. He had them to our room before we even made it back upstairs from the lobby.) The service here was above and beyond other hotels I've been to.

I can't say anything about the Spa, the fitness center, or the business center. However, the only negative thing that I have to say is about the the breakfast, I would have to say that it was mediocre at best. We went down about 8:30am for breakfast (7-10 are the hours) and paid our $9.99 (each) for the buffet. As for hot foods, there were scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, sausage, and waffles with syrup or strawberry syrup. There were also muffins, bagels, and toast. As for my breakfast, as I can not speak for anyone else, my eggs and potatoes were starting to get cold, and the were waffles hard. The service could have been better. We saw our waitress maybe 3 times in the 30-45 minutes that we took for breakfast, and when we asked for more drinks, she came back with 2 and forgot the 3rd. After which she disappeared, and didn't come back til we were starting to put aside our dishes as if we were done. We finally did get the 3rd drink, but it was literally as we were pushing in our chairs.

But as far as this hotel goes, even with the terrible breakfast, I would have to say that this was the best weekend getaway I've ever been on, and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Not too far from Boston but far enough away from the big city. Located right off the ocean, this hotel has beautiful rooms, a gym, a pool, and is very reasonably priced. Definitely a keeper.

Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Rome, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

We booked this hotel/resort based on the great reviews on this website. First of all the pictures are decieving, it was an upscale beach motel-not a resort. Our room had to be moved due to alot of hair on the bathrooom floor. Our second room was nice, but not something that I would call a resort room. Second the pool and fitness facilities were used by a physical therapy company for old people. So when we were wanting to be lounging at the pool the pool was occupied by elderly people recovering from stroke and knee surgeries. They were in there at all times of the day doing excersises in the pool and the gym. The positive thing was the ocean being across the street and the restaurant had some specials for dinner that we took advantage of. There are not alot of nice restaurants to eat at in Nantasket and alot of what's there is over priced.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Conroe Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed at the hotel Oct 5 thru 8 and had a very pleasant stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean - as well as cleaned daily. I booked directly through the hotel and was given a room with a beautiful view of the bay (ocean). Yes, I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!