“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stay here every year while on yearly visit to Hull .very clean rooms Staff was very friendly The restaurant has daily specials on the meals .the only negative thing is the rooms are small but your on vacation and in beautiful town so does the realty matter ..

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A friend and I stayed at the resort for the weekend in January. The people at the resort and neighboring businesses were very friendly. The front desk greeted you with a smile. The rooms were clean, not the most modern but not terrible as some of the other reviews posted. The partial view was magnificent, the food was affordable and taste good. I was visiting from Chicago and would

• Stayed January 2015
Kingston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed New Years day for our anniversary and was very impressed with our room and the service we received. Very quiet in the off season so room rates were very reasonable and was impressed with the suite we stayed in. Wish we had more time to spend. On checkout we received a 20% off coupon for a future stay and the wife is already planning it.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A large group (including 8 kids) went to the resort for New Years Eve. None of us had been to the hotel before and had no idea what to expect. Upon arrival I was very impressed with the friendly woman at check in and the well kept and festive lobby. We had 4 rooms that were located in the South Building of the hotel. I found the rooms clean, comfortable and surprisingly large. The gas fireplaces were a nice touch. Each room did show some signs of wear and tear but overall we were all pleasantly surprised. The microwave and mini fridge were a nice added bonus. The walls are a bit thin and it is fairly noisey with closing doors and guests in the halls, but not unbearable. We had planned to go to the restaurant and lounge downstairs for the New Year celebration but was told it was private to ticketed guests and not hotel guests. Although disappointed we had a great meal at nearby Barefoot Bobs and ended up having no problem getting in the bar later on and ringing in the new year.

The kids enjoyed the pool although it was hard to watch them from the side as the condensation in the building is crazy and it was raining on us. It was very annoying and should be addressed. We had to sit with towels on our heads. The building also echoes and gets loud (as we were told by a couple in the nearby hot tub who told us our kids were screaming!). Kids also had fun in the arcade attached to the lobby.

Overall we were very satisfied and the price is right. It is a great place to do an inexpensive "stay-cation" during the off season.

Room Tip: Get an adjoining room if traveling with children.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking for a very special place to bring my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. After searching many websites I found a page that listed the Nantasket Beach Resort as one of the top 10 romantic getaway destinations in New England. I booked a room and meals package through a travel website. Upon receiving my email confirmation, I had some questions about what the package contained. I called the resort directly, and spoke with an afternoon hotel representative named Travis. He did not know the answers to my questions, so he took my information and said that someone else would call me back. Initially I did not get called back right away, so I called the next morning. When I did I spoke to a wonderful pleasant lady named Kathy. She In turn put me through to the hotel manager named Katie. What I ended up receiving was a two night stay, two days of breakfast vouchers, and a $50 food and beverage credit. When I spoke to Kathy some more about what was happening she recommended a romance package, which included a bottle of champagne, six chocolate dipped strawberries, and a red rose. Upon arrival at the resort on the following day, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the room I had booked, which was a partial Oceanview, had been upgraded to a king room with fireplace, jetted tub, and a dramatic breathtaking Oceanview to the front of the resort. My boyfriend was very happy and surprised. The entire hotel was very well-kept.
In other reviews, I read that some people had issues with parking. We did not. We dropped off our luggage in the valet area, We were given a ticket to a place on our dashboard and had no trouble at all finding a convenient spot. Then we brought our luggage to the room.
If there was something I would mention, it would be that the hot tub near the indoor heated pool seemed to have excessive chemicals in it, in fact our eyes burned a little bit from the excessive chlorine.
One other point to state is that the "oversize jetted tub" in our room was oversized compared to a standard tub, but not really meant for two people. We both were able to fit but it was more funny than romantic. We made it work, but not everyone could. I had asked if the tub was for 2 and was told it was; but it really isn't. I would suggest saying so if asked; but it did not detract from our adventure. We had a good laugh and made it work.
Otherwise, we were completely thrilled. We found the food in the restaurant to be very good, as well as dinner and cocktails in the lounge. The prices were very reasonable considering the location. The atmosphere (decor) was very elegant, yet there was no stuffy pretentiousness about it. The clientelle was diverse also, with a good mix of couples (young and older), families, business people, and some senior citizens.
As we were checking out we were offered an opportunity to stay for another night at a very low rate. We would have done so, if we did not have to work the next day. Thank you very much to the staff for a very special memorable occasion.

• Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have stayed in this hotel many times will be staying again next month. Hoping it lives up to my expectations....the parking is a bit of inconvenience but it's not to bad. The rooms could use some updates but then again the views if you have an ocean front room make up for it. Plus you have a fireplace to use :) here's to hoping I have a nice weekend stay!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had planned to stay but after seeing the area and the hotel we cancelled and went elsewhere. Not impressed. The town had absolutely nothing to do. The hotel pool looked green and cloudy. We asked to see the rooms. The hallway carpeting was very dingy and the room was just okay. Glad we left and went elsewhere.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!