“mix town and beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
montreal
“mix town and beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Nice place to stay , nice beach to walk when low tide . It`s better at Sandy beach but you need to be a Mass. resident to park.
Best place to eat....Jake`s seafood restaurant you need to be early lots of customers waiting time 45 min. and up but . worthed.
It`s easy to go to Boston via rte 3A

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We booked this hotel for a little beach getaway with our children. Although we couldn't check in early, they gave us the parking pass and pool pass early so we could enjoy the beach and the property for the entire day. We had two young children with us, and the staff was very accommodating with the extra bed being brought into the room and a few other requests that we had. The room was large and the air conditioner kept it nice and cool. The entire property was clean and well taken care of. Great proximity to the beach and other restaurants. The front desk staff were very nice and it was easy to check in, but the check out process took a very long time. An option for a less time consuming check out would be ideal. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: We chose a room with a side view balcony and the view was fantastic. If you're looking to save...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. We purchased our stay through Groupon. Everything was great from the moment we arrived. We were upgraded to a full ocean view when we checked in. The hotel staff was very friendly. The food was fantastic and the whole setting was amazing to us. We highly recommend staying here. The beach is also very beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded if possible.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I booked this hotel because it was a reasonably priced hotel right on the beach with good reviews. I loved my morning coffee and book listening to the ocean and the people at the front desk were nice enough but, the fact is, I don't think I could recommend staying here. For the few nice things it has the one thing it does not offer is a good night's sleep. The walls are paper thin. We were on the second floor and I could hear every word spoken on the street under my window, stamping on the ceiling above me, kids screaming in the halls and, worst of all, every door that slammed shook the wall my headboard was attached to - and the earplugs I pack just in case didn't even help. Between the adults coming in at 2am and the families leaving for the beach at 8am I don't think I got more than a few hours sleep. After the first night I asked the front desk for a change of room as it was Sunday and I was hoping people would be emptying out. I was told they would be happy to do so but I would have to have my stuff packed up and waiting by 11am and they weren't sure when my new room would be ready and it may not make much of a difference because they were expecting a full house that night as well. In the end, my husband and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. If this wasn't bad enough, housekeeping was lacking as well. In first entering our room, I found food on the floor under the edge of my bed and long black hairs on the toilet and in the shower. The next night, we weren't given any clean glasses, shampoo or conditioner or a baggie for the ice bucket, nor was my coffee pot cleaned out. The maintenance folks decided Sunday morning at checkout would be a good time to try to wash the floors in the lobby and got huffy with people who wanted to get by. I'm not sure what "attractions" there are within walking distance. There are 3 or 4 places to eat and a carousel. No shops that I saw. I try to base my reviews on amenities, comfort and cleanliness with convenience and staff immediately following. There's just not enough good things to say and I feel charitable giving it an average.

Room Tip: This hotel has a side walk and roads right in front and in back of the building. Perhaps rooms on th...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were looking for a beachfront hotel for a few days in this area to enjoy the ocean and beach with our kids. The pictures offered a different perspective than reality. The neighborhood is what appeared to be an older section of town and I was not entirely comfortable walking back along the beachfront with my family after getting ice cream and riding the carousel. The beach almost disappeared during high tide, so was not as expansive as the pictures depicted - they must have been low tide.

The hotel was very run down and had not made investments in keeping up the rooms and furnishings. The beds were old spring beds and offered bad support. The upholstery on the chairs in the room was threadbare on the arms, but instead of having it recovered, the staff had stapled it down to delay further wear. The curtains had been pulled from the rings by a previous guest and had been hung back up with what appeared to be a paper clip.

I would not stay here if visiting this area again.

Room Tip: We had a balcony beach view, but the room was too run down to get past to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Plainfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We just returned from a couple night stay at the Nantasket Beach Resort. The room was large, comfortable with a balcony over looking the beach with a fantastic view of the area. The food was excellent and the staff were very courteous and helpful. Had a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ocean view.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We just returned from another stay at the Nantasket Beach Resort. The food is still as good as ever, prices reasonable and the ocean views are unbeatable. All staff are courteous and helpful. The location is within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions and directly accross the street from the ocean and miles and miles of beach. Bring your own beach chairs tho, rentals and local purchase prices are high. Still, the perfect place for complete relaxation.

Room Tip: Main buiilding has best access to dining, game room and parking
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!