“Let down by pool area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Let down by pool area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

There were some good points and some awfully bad points.

Starting with the good, there's a beautiful beach on it's doorstep. It's a nice and clean hotel with plenty of facilities including a games room and a fireplace in the bedrooms.

However, the bad, there are no changing rooms for men/women for the pool. There is one shower with a shower curtain on the side of the pool area with a changing area/bench. We were fortunate that there was no one else using the pool at the time, so it was ok to change there but, once you were changed you stepped straight into the pool area and after you had swam, you would shower and dress in that same one shower with a shower curtain separating you and everyone else in the pool. I understand some hotels don't have the facilities to allow you to wash and dry in dedicated changing rooms, but I would have preferred it if they had provided bathrobes so you could walk through the hotel with the robe. Also, to go from the lift to the pool, you have to go through the lobby, which meant you either walked through having not showered, because you chose to do so in your room or you walked through with wet hair as there is no hair dryer in the pool area. Also, there is no spinner to spin dry your swimming wear or hanging line in the bathroom.

Another thing, and I had thankfully read this from other tripadvisor reviewers, be careful where you park! You have to ask at reception for a special dashboard voucher to say you are a hotel guest and must park in the bays marked hotel guests. Also, there aren't many spaces so during peak season, this may be a problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have stayed here 3 out of 5 years for the Boston Marathon! After seeing all the downtown attractions, we decided to "branch out" and see what else the area had to offer. We ended up at Nantasket Beach Resort and will ALWAYS come back! The staff is extraordinary, the location is quaint, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The bar and restaurant is amazing and we LOVE it here! The commute into the city is time consuming, but when on vacation, not so much of a big deal to us. We purchased a week long T-line pass and the hotel provided shuttle service to the nearest T station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
North Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just wanted to say the hotel is fantastic, spotless ans clean and everyone is so accommadating
The special people at the front desk is priceless. Stephen who directs me to my room during an evening when I have had too much to drink and Kathy who makes sure my rooms are perfect for my stay. I come here many times during the year. It's not just great during the summer but the winter is beautiful with the endless ocean and warm fireplaces that are in each room. I love it there!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a great surprise to find this gem just 20 minutes from Boston. It was a perfect place to visit in March. We had a great room with fireplace a view of the water, indoor pool and great restaurant. Best of all, the staff was very efficient and friendly - superlative service. We are definitely going back...soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Watertown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We got a deal on groupon for this hotel in the off-season and it made a peaceful and delightful getaway. Since the price was so good, we sprung for the "Superior Oceanfront" room and it was worth every penny. Since the weather was still brisk, we could sit in front of the picture window and watch the waves (and a few hardy souls surfing in wetsuits!!) across the street. So beautiful to watch the sun go down.

We ate in the restaurant for both dinner and the included breakfast and had the same wonderful waitress for both.(Did she ever sleep?) The food was very well prepared and delish! I had the baked haddock and my partner had the swordfish. Both were fairly simply prepared but that let the freshness of the fish shine through. For breakfast we had the Eggs Benedict. Yummy!

Everything was perfectly clean and the staff made us feel very welcome and cared for. The concierge even called around to some antique shops to be sure they were open for us to visit. We never got to the pool, but it looked clean and safe. The beds were on the soft side, which I prefer and I got a great night's sleep.

We would definately return, although I assume in the summer, this is one hoppin' place with the bar downstairs (which would have been right under our room/balcony) to be fairly noisy. The street runs between the hotel and the beach, so I assume in summer, you would have to choose between the view and the noise with the slider open. Still, I'll bet it's a whole lot of fun if you like the beach bar sort of scene. Myself, I'd rather take the off-season and the peace.

If you love history, check out the pictures and the model of the hotel and amusement park in years past that are all around the hotel. They are amazing!

Room Tip: If you don't mind the street noise, the oceanfront rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This place is amazing. 4th time around best customer service esp from Kathy and Stephen, courteous, polite, and helpful. I will most certainly recommend this beautiful place to anyone of my Friends and family and will definitely be coming back soon. Home away from home.Thank you Nantasket beach for a warm and comfortable experience. 5 stars in my book.

Room Tip: Ask for Kathy in am And Stephen in pm
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have a very good experience in Nantasket Resort!
Even if we went during the winter, it was amazing. And I can imagine that during the summer must to be much better!
Good points:
- Attend very nice people! you really fell as a gest
- Very nice place around
- Good bedrooms
- Very nice breakfast (Beautiful already prepared plates).
- Different experience

Bad points:
- for me that I wants to visit Boston, was VERY far away. even if we can use a Shuttle until the Train station (T), its kind of expense end took a long time to go (35 minutes until Quincy station)
There is Shuttle to the Boat, but doesn't works in the weekend.
- I have 2 times problem with the shuttles (that took a long time waiting, even if we called 30 minutes early).

So, in my conclusion. If you go BY CAR, its far away to Boston but its ok! and its a Resort very nice to stay. Hull is beautiful! there is a beautiful view!.
If your are without car, you will spend more money (with shuttles) and spend more time.
But, even if I was in the second option, I enjoy and appreciate a lot!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!