“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Book on line had business near there, when we arrived they upgraded our room at no charge which had full ocean view, (2) balconys and fireplace, I asked if we could get a little later check out and they did so with no problems, The restaurant was great very reasonable and food was great, would go again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Glen Cove, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the NBR for a high school 50th reunion this past weekend. The hotel fronts on Nantasket Beach and I had a waterfront room. Unfortunately my fireplace didn't work and the club chair was broken and lopsided. Not having a telephone on the nighttable was an annoying and inexcusable inconvenience. Having a Mr. Coffee maker in the room was a plus and I used it. The Reception staff was friendly and efficient. The pool and spa area was spotless. The Paragon Grill is lively and very popular with reasonable food and an active bar scene. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would go back again. P.S. I'm a runner and you can run for miles on the sand or the sidewalk in a cool breeze.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend that Place! Friendly staff and great cosy rooms with a real fireplace. You catch the Ferry to Boston, it takes just 20 Minutes. A great place to explore Boston without traffic jam and on the same time have a beach area right in front of the Resort.

• Stayed September 2013
Somerville, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friend had a wedding here were she reserved rooms for her guest. Upon my arrival was asked for my debit card for security and told the room would be held for security on it till check out. I had a young boy as a concierge check me in who was confused on my rate and charged me 236.27. I asked him why he charged me that amount he said he forgot my discount and where the charge was pending he would fix it to the 190.00 that we were suppose to get . I signed for 190.00 hold we to the wedding. The next morning I checked out with a Kathy who promised me all hold were released form my card. I proceeded to pay cash for my stay 217 with tax. On the way home I checked my banking to see not only was 190 hold their but also 236.27. As a mom 2 small kids funds are tight and now this left my account little to no money before pay day. I called hotel right away was told need to speak to a account person and they will be in at noon. I called back 3 times and each time Kathy told me to call back. I finally got Katie who told me accounts not in till Monday. I had to tell my story again and was told Trina from accounts would call my bank in the morning. At 11 on Monday I got message from Trina she spoke to my bank and I was told it was all set. I proceed to call my bank to talk to bank manager who told me their was no pending charge to cancel from the hotel they actually debited out the money and need to refund me. Bob the bank manger told me if Trina telling the truth she refunded it today and by Tuesday at midnight the fund will be back and to wait. Well to my surprise Tuesday came and no money. I called the bank and was told all I could do is to fill out fraud form or hope they refund me. A one night stay at a fair hotel with bad food and I am almost 700 in. Worst stay ever. Would never go back. Still waiting see what tomorrow brings

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
roslindale ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love this place, always great dining in the Paragon Grille, and my husband loves the fireplace, we had an oceanview room this time , so relaxing listening to the waves crashing. Thanks Steve, Ashley+ Kathy for another great stay.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Rooms can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Considering some of the recent negative reviews I had mixed feeling about staying here. We had a third floor room with a balcony and fireplace and though it was billed as a partial view, we had a fantastic view of the beach. The room was clean, the grill and wait staff were attentive, though the restaurant host/hostess(?) wasn't overly friendly. Overall it made for a great stay and we will stay here again on our next trip to Hull.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a trip to Boston, rates are much better and no need to fight traffic. Easy access to ferry at Quincy and Pemberton point. The rooms on third floor are nice, but only full sized beds. Not much to do in Hull,beach is nice at low tide. If you eat at onsite restaurant, be prepared for poor service. Like I said, Good place to stay if you are going to Boston.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!