“not happy cutomer” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Somerville, Massachusetts
“not happy cutomer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friend had a wedding here were she reserved rooms for her guest. Upon my arrival was asked for my debit card for security and told the room would be held for security on it till check out. I had a young boy as a concierge check me in who was confused on my rate and charged me 236.27. I asked him why he charged me that amount he said he forgot my discount and where the charge was pending he would fix it to the 190.00 that we were suppose to get . I signed for 190.00 hold we to the wedding. The next morning I checked out with a Kathy who promised me all hold were released form my card. I proceeded to pay cash for my stay 217 with tax. On the way home I checked my banking to see not only was 190 hold their but also 236.27. As a mom 2 small kids funds are tight and now this left my account little to no money before pay day. I called hotel right away was told need to speak to a account person and they will be in at noon. I called back 3 times and each time Kathy told me to call back. I finally got Katie who told me accounts not in till Monday. I had to tell my story again and was told Trina from accounts would call my bank in the morning. At 11 on Monday I got message from Trina she spoke to my bank and I was told it was all set. I proceed to call my bank to talk to bank manager who told me their was no pending charge to cancel from the hotel they actually debited out the money and need to refund me. Bob the bank manger told me if Trina telling the truth she refunded it today and by Tuesday at midnight the fund will be back and to wait. Well to my surprise Tuesday came and no money. I called the bank and was told all I could do is to fill out fraud form or hope they refund me. A one night stay at a fair hotel with bad food and I am almost 700 in. Worst stay ever. Would never go back. Still waiting see what tomorrow brings

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
roslindale ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love this place, always great dining in the Paragon Grille, and my husband loves the fireplace, we had an oceanview room this time , so relaxing listening to the waves crashing. Thanks Steve, Ashley+ Kathy for another great stay.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Rooms can be a little noisy.
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Considering some of the recent negative reviews I had mixed feeling about staying here. We had a third floor room with a balcony and fireplace and though it was billed as a partial view, we had a fantastic view of the beach. The room was clean, the grill and wait staff were attentive, though the restaurant host/hostess(?) wasn't overly friendly. Overall it made for a great stay and we will stay here again on our next trip to Hull.

Johnston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a trip to Boston, rates are much better and no need to fight traffic. Easy access to ferry at Quincy and Pemberton point. The rooms on third floor are nice, but only full sized beds. Not much to do in Hull,beach is nice at low tide. If you eat at onsite restaurant, be prepared for poor service. Like I said, Good place to stay if you are going to Boston.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Westchester Co. NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My BF booked the last week in Aug here Sun to Saturday...when we arrived on Sunday I thought oh no Wildwood of MA but once the day peeps left it was a nice quiet beach place. We arrived and got assigned a room in the back facing the street. Trip to the front desk and we got a 3rd floor room with balcony !!! That made all the difference !! Worth the $. Sofa in the room was kind of worn, fireplace and spa tub were great. The beach does disappear by 3 pm with high tide and it is typical NE cool water/rocky beach. Hull is quiet Monday thru Thursday but we wanted that !!! Pool was small, parking issues mentioned in reviews did not effect us, parked everyday in between the the 2 buildings and Friday night in the lot about 1/8 mi down the road. All of the staff were veryfriendly and accommodating !!! Boston day trip was 45 mins away. The hotel restaurant is another story...had to go to Hingham for nice dinners. We were staying here during the fire in the restaurant that has been mentioned...the FD (not the hotel staff) did have trouble resetting the alarm so it went off for about 30 mins after the fire had been cleared but better safe then sorry. FYI the other hotel in Hull is up the strip and not on the beach at all ~ NBR is across the street from the beach. Would return again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the Nantasket Beach Resort one night for our anniversary. The room looked like it had been done over (we've stayed in the room a couple of times). It was very clean. The next morning, we had a medical emergency and I had to get my husband to the doctor. The one person behind the desk was busy with another guest. He could see that I was upset and didn't get another person to check us out until I said something. The gentleman who did check us out was very kind and understanding. We had a free breakfast that we couldn't use because we had to leave. The gentleman told me the next time we come (and there will be a next time), he will give us the free breakfast. Thank you!!

Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

1) Reception desk staff pleasant but inconsistent. Often confused when viewing reservations in their computer, with supervisor seeing different info from staff that asked them for help, on same reservation.

2) PARKING: Difficult because their parking facilities are shared with other entities who have the power to tow hotel guests' cars parked in hotel parking areas. Reception won't tell you about parking unless you ask; then they will give you verbal directions AND a photocopied diagram, both directing you to park in specific areas where, it turns out, your car will be towed away if you don't get tipped off first by another guest or a local.

3) ROOMS NOT WELL PLANNED: Ceiling lights operated by switch require a walk to the other end of the room. Some switches have no apparent purpose. Small bedside outlets are fully populated, forcing guests to tamper with the existing devices if they want to charge their cell phone on the nightstand, as most of us do. Sitting table too small for the literature they display there. Fake fireplace is kept hot all summer long, and when I touched the control to see if it was switched off, the cover came off in my hand. A tight squeeze between the bed and the fireplace is the only route from the bathroom to the main area, and those couple of square feet are punctuated by an almost 1-inch-high stone hearth (put there, presumably, to catch the imaginary embers emanating from the fake fire). Since there is no alternate route except over whomever is sleeping in the first bed, if you walk normally, it's only a matter of time until you hit your toes hard on that raised hearth. Our smoke alarm (or something just like one) made periodic chirps, indicating a battery overdue for replacement.

Room Tip: Bring sturdy slippers or high flip-flops to protect your toes.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!