“Just ok beach hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans
“Just ok beach hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

The hotel has that old beach motel feel. Though the halls appeared clean, there was a constant damp smell. Our room was not a beach view. The balcony door was bolted and the balcony was filthy. The staff were very cordial and the restaraunt was good. No major problems, but certainly not beach luxury. The buildup that this was a 31/2 star hotel was not accurate.

• Liked — location on beach
  • Disliked — Hotel more a motel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

This is a fantastic hotel. Great location, beautiful furnishings, staff that are friendly and helpful. Everything in my room and on my floor was well taken care of, immaculately clean and well planned.

I got a very reasonable rate on an oceanfront king room with a fireplace (really lovely) and whirlpool bath (also lovely).

The pool is very nice, very clean and wasn't crowded. I rarely go in hotel pools but this one was great.

The restaurant is equally impressive. I called for room service, but I was feeling picky and wanted to combine a few things on the menu. The gentleman I spoke to said to tell him whatever I wanted and they would make it. I gave him my crazy order, and in 20 minutes it was at my door, well prepared, exactly as ordered and hot.

Not surprisingly, the spa is also wonderful. In short, I highly recommend staying here and taking advantage of all this wonderful hotel has to offer.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I have absolutely no complaints.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

I was very pleased with this stay. The room was clean and extremely comfortable; the staff were terrific (the desk clerk happily moved me to a quieter room, away from a large wedding party) and the location is terrific (right on the beach) and an easy 20 minute drive to a local T-station to downtown Boston. My stay was a quick overnight and I really wish I could have stayed loger (and enjoyed the buffet breakfast). My room was on the first floor and overlooked the main street but there was little traffic noise. My only complaint is the lack of hotel parking, which wasn't an issue in April (plenty of spots along the seawall) but is probably a real problem in the busy months.

Stayed April 2008
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

Very nice location, if you are visiting Boston and need a great deal on a wonderful location this is it, about 15 minutes of the main hwy. Off season rates are under $100, Wow what a deal! Wake up with the sun, walk the beach or sidewalk along the beach.

• Liked — Location and Value.....very reasonable price.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

Being from San Diego I was not sure if the hotel and beach could measure up to my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful hotel with a friendly and accomodating staff. The concerige was extremely helpful and gave me the inside tips on the best places to visit and dine. The rooms were small but delightful, I had an oceanfront room where the sound of the waves lulled me to sleep at night. I plan on returning this year for a relaxing visit and long walks on the beach.

DW

Stayed July 2007
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group, with accompanying rate. Compared to the rack rate, we got a good deal - around $72. For that rate, it was a good deal.

I almost missed the hotel driveway coming in, and ended up somewhat blocking the road as I went to check in. Staff at the desk were very friendly, and made sure everything was in order for me. I got my keys and went to move my car to a lot.

Parking is a valuable commodity here. It seems that the hotel's three buildings were built, and then parking laid down upon every bare patch of land. Compact cars were shoved in every which way. My large truck was harder to park, and I ended up in the overflow lot, at the end of the block. This required a long walk around the buildings to get to the elevators, where the navigational trip began.

I quickly dubbed them the "Elevators to Heaven," as by the time you got to your floor (of which there are only four), you were almost there. Also, it was comforting to see the safety certificates expired in August 2007. I then navigated the maze of corridors to my room, an oceanfront king.

The room was nice - not the most fabulous space I ever set my eyes upon, but nice. I did feel space was wasted - the bed, nightstand, desk and TV were crammed near the door, while there was a vast area of floor nearer the sliding door to the balcony. The fireplace was nice, except it also worked as part of the heating system. The regular heater was a pain, so I turned the fireplace on high and opened the sliding door to let the 50-degree January air in. This resulted in me waking a few times to fix the balance of hot and cold. Also, it smelled slightly smoky, though I may have mistakenly forgotten to ask for a nonsmoking room. Bathroom 100% typical.

Bed nothing too exciting. Typical hotel bedspread, okay pillows, okay mattress. Felt blanket. Not the best sleep I've ever had.

WiFi didn't work too great in my room in the south building; not sure if it's my computer or the connection, but I never had this issue to this extent before at a hotel. It caused issues with a communication I needed to make that night.

Raffael's Restaurant was surprisingly good for being attached to a Clarion. I had fish and chips, quite nice. Breakfast was in a part of the restaurant that was cordoned off, and was not quite as good - not really any hot items, and only two kinds of cereal - cheerios and froot loops. I was hoping for a bit more.

All in all, I don't know if I'd choose it for a vacation destination hotel. But as a sort of conference hotel, it was more than adequate, and for the rate, it couldn't be beat.

• Liked — Fireplaces, restaurant, views
  • Disliked — WiFi, space layout, parking, breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bear Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

Stayed here a couple nights and I wouldn't have minded more. We arrived on a Thurs. and received a very reasonable rate w/ a coupon via the magazines from the rest areas. The front desk was very busy with phone calls and someone wanting to switch their parties rooms all around etc.., so it took awhile to check in, but staff was pleasant and apologetic. We were able to get a room for Thurs. and Fri. directly across from the ocean. We enjoyed our time so much, we would have liked to have spent Sat., but they were booked.

I enjoyed the atmosphere. The balcony and beach across the road were very enjoyable. We took the arm chair out from the room and used it on the balcony.

Even though the hotel was booked and busy, we were never bothered by any noise.

The room was a little on the small side, but clean and comfortable.

I like that we were away from 'the big city', but close to everything. There's a ferry to the wharf at downtown Boston at the end of the peninsula in Hull. We drove a lot of little streets in Hull, 'cause it was such an interesting, 'charming' place. We spent one day driving south to Plymouth.

Parking was a little iffy. We found parking directly across from the hotel a couple times and had to use the overflow once, which was quite a hike to our room. The halls to our room were a little like a maze to get through, but that was ok. (Part of the charm of an older place, I guess). Breakfast was a little on the skimpy side and was in a small area, so crowded that we didn't have seats. The attendant was on top of things.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and I surely wouldn't mind staying there again...

• Liked — Location, beach, view, central proximity to sites, accomodating staff.
  • Disliked — Iffy parking and breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!