“Very Nice Hotel with Spectacular Water Views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Delray Beach, Florida
“Very Nice Hotel with Spectacular Water Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whenever anyone comes to visit us in Hull we always recommend they stay here. The staff are courteous, the facilities are modern and very clean and the views special.
There's a restaurant in the hotel but more than a half dozen are within walking distance.
Get up early and take a walk on the beach before breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I absolutely loved my stay. We went on a road trip while visiting all of the northeastern states. I used to live in NJ, but relocated in TX and went back to NJ for a wedding but spent extra time with some family to go on an adventure to the beautiful northeast. This hotel in Hull is beautiful! It is across the street from a beautiful beach. It's very quiet and relaxing. The staff was extremely nice and attentive. Our room was beautiful and amazingly reasonable especially for what it had to offer. The pool was amazing, game room ,absolutely everything. Even the lounge was cool.

Thanks so much for an amazing stay, if I'm ever in the area- I'll be back!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel since 2005 and never been disappointed. The service is very good and they always try to make your stay more enjoyable. You can have your breakfast facing the ocean or, you can go to little places around. I usually go to the Stars Café in Hingham. But don't be afraid to go further then the hotel, others shops and bakeries are there. Go see the old fort Revere. You'll have a nice view. The fort is not well maintained... No other place is as fun= YOU ARE FACING THE OCEAN! Just enjoy.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hawthorne, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. It is a nice place and we got a very good off season price.
It was very clean but could use a little refurbishing. The furniture was a lttle worn and stained, but it was very clean and the hotel staff was great!
We had an ocean front room with a balcony, but the balcony did not have any chairs which was disapointing...it would have been nice to sit on the balcony!
We had dinner and breakfast 1 day at the Paragon Grill, the food was very, very good....but the service at breakfast was awful! We waited for over 10 minutes for our order to be taken....and over 30 for our food!!
All and all a nice place! I would go back again!

Ballston Spa, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

You can tell that the staff is really working hard to make this a great place to stay. The greeting on the phone was always cheerful, even when Boston was undergoing a man hunt for the Boston Marathon bomber. My request for a 3rd floor, quiet room was met.

Pros - King bed and pillows were comfortable, bathroom was nice and clean, whirlpool tub was a nice touch, partial ocean view really did have a partial ocean view, fireplace easy to use, closet, iron, microwave, fridge, coffee maker all great. Restaurant food was excellent and view was lovely (Scallops and Risotto was the best I've had since a trip to Maine), Restaurant manager checked on us several times. Lobby was elegant, clean and inviting, game room great for kids - old and young, nicest exercise room I have ever seen, pool looked great. This is a lovely, old seaside hotel and you can tell they are working hard to make it nice again. Beautiful sunset over back of hotel and sunrise over the ocean. Lovely from balcony.

Cons - rooms a little noisy (hall noise, next door noise, Our floor was squeaky, so I know people below us could probably hear that), Even though we requested a quiet room it was near the elevator so we could hear conversation and kids as they got off. In their defense, I think they were trying to keep us away from street noise. It is a hotel and that happens. Partial view is nice, but we could only see it from the sofa not the bed. You could not keep the curtain open because most of our view was of another balcony on the other side of the hotel. You could see right into other people's rooms. You can't really sit on the balcony in a chair. They are pretty small and no chair is provided. Sofa was a little stained, but the furniture was in pretty good shape. Old TV, but fine. No DVD player for kids or exercise buffs. Hull itself is not a picturesque New England town. It is a bit run down. We did go up to the park at the end of peninsula. The view as spectacular, but the park itself is strewn with graffiti and has really been let go. Finding it also was an adventure - no real signs to help. The boats to Boston only run during the week, so do not count on them to get you to Boson for sightseeing on the weekend. Driving into Boston was not bad and only took about 20 to 30 minutes...depends on draw bridge wait too. Breakfast lines were very long. We ended up eating at a Dunkin Donuts down the street both mornings. There are a few restaurants near the hotel within walking distance. We did not try any. There are mostly bars nearby. About a mile in either direction, there were small sections of Hull where you could do a little shopping and eating...not too much to get excited about though.

All in all, we had a really lovely weekend at the Nantasket Beach Resort. For the price and location you cannot beat it. I would recommend it for families and couples seeking a nice place to stay, with ocean views, motivated staff, and access to Boston and the Cape Cod area.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, south side seemed to be the best for views. The northern most side (with great views and...
Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stopped here for a weekday lunch and had the best seafood we have had in years. We shared a seafood platter that was big enough for two, at a reasonable $18. Everything from the fries, scallops, whole belly clam, to the fresh fish was in a deliscous, seasoned, light breading. Even the cole slaw was great, who ever remembers the cole slaw in their meal? The server was prompt and friendly. The facilities looked clean and well maintained, I can not comment on the actual Hotel, but the restaurant was wonderfull, we will be back.

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the restaurant
Phila., PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April. I had been traveling overnight and was really tired by the time I got there. It was freezing outside, blustery and cold. I went in early and explained my situation and that I was cold and tired. They allowed me to check in early, had a room ready with an electric fireplace. Just what I needed! The room was nice- and over my stay it appeared that they were working on some touch ups for the upcoming season.

The room itself was a good size. There were a few small spaces on walls and molding that had some spackling spots, and the sink had a crack in it (although it didn't leak) but it didn't take away from the charming feeling of the room. I was on the third floor ocean view- not much room on the deck except to stand outside and see the ocean, but that was nice itself. I did notice the room shaking slightly as I tried to sleep and at first thought it was the wind outside, but ended up realizing it was the laundry which is located on the third floor. Despite the small amt of shaking, you hardly knew the laundry was being done, it was so quiet.

Staff was courteous and tried to be helpful even if they didn't have an answer for my questions. Staying here in the off season instead of Boston was a great respite, and much nicer on the pocketbook!

I would definitely recommend this place. The restaurant downstairs was a great place for dinner also!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!