“Five stars go to the staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Five stars go to the staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The best part of the Hotel is the staff. They are as friendly and helpful as can be.

Great service makes you feel right at home. A fireplaces in every room adds to the atmosphere. Looking outside our window on the 2nd floor you have a magnificent view of the ocean and the pleasure of hearing the waves crash to shore.. Sitting in the Hotel lobby beside the fire with a glass of wine was another bonus.

The indoor pool was nice and warm and surrounded by an all glass enclosure. The only negative was that we had to leave and go home..In the winter this was a great escape.

Room Tip: Request a suite if you can, if not then request room 211. If you have any problem ask for MARY the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Danbury, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

While our first impressions were good I was dissappointed when I looked closely at our room, the closet doors wouldn't roll so you had a choice of closet or refrig, the room door had a security bar but the latch was missing and if you just shut the room door it wouldn't lock.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My review will have a little bias, I had called back in December and set the reservation for 1 night, the woman who I spoke with always only mentioned 1 night stay. When I was on my way I called for an early checkin and they didn't have my reservation. I was shocked I said I have a confirmation email. I gave them the conf number only for them to tell me my reservation was for 2 nights the 25th and the 26th. I looked at the confirmation email and sure enough that is what they sent me. They said with the no show they cancelled my reservation for Saturday night and so that way I would only have to pay 1 night worth of the cancellation fee. I realize I should have read over the confirmation email, but the lady had just said everything correctly 4 times on the phone. Luckily they were able to get me another room but then said we still have to charge you for the cancellation of Friday night. So because they didn't do their job properly and I didn't check their work I get screwed into paying 2 nights to stay 1.

Aside from that, the bar service was slow, it took 45 minutes for me to get a beer and some chicken wings. If they were busy I would be less irritated with that but there were 10 people in the bar/restaurant with 2 of them being workers.

• Stayed January 2013
Torrance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at the Nantasket Beach Resort. The room rate was great as it is off season so I up graded to an ocean front room with a balcony and great view of the beach. I reserved a room with 2 double beds and it was spacious.....fire place is a nice touch and keeps you warm at night without having to turn on the heater. Nice size bathroom with a microwave and fridge in the room. Great paintings in the lobby and the hallways of Paragon Park and the historic hotels that used to line the beaches of Nantasket back in the day. Along with the view of the beach comes the noise of the traffic...if you are a light sleeper, I would recommend a room facing the back of the hotel. Indoor pool was great and the front desk staff were very professional. Rooms needs a little up grading with new drapes. We went our for the day and returned to our room at 3pm and it still had not been cleaned. I had to take a magazine and read in the lobby for about 40 mins while housekeeping came in to the room. Will stay again during my next visit to Hull to see family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have had to travel to Weymouth, MA twice in the past few months. The first place was downright nasty. I didn't want to be too far from my destination because it is easy to get lost in the Boston suburbs and too me everything looks so similar.
So I took a chance that I'd get lost and stayed here. It was very nice, very clean and comfortable. I had to trust my GPS and I also saved about $15 compared to the dump I stayed in last time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Amherst, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The "resort" is located directly across from Nantasket Beach. Due to it being "off season", paking was easy - either in front of the hotel or next to it in the hotel parking lot. I can imagine how hard it would be to find a parking space during the summer. The lobby is tastefully furnished and the walls throughout the hotel are adorned with paintings of Paragon Park and Nantasket Beach in its heyday. Our room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the beach with a balcony and fireplace. The room was clean and spacious.The drapes could use replacing, when the sun came up in the morning I could see the sunlight shining through the small holes where the curtains were worn through. You can hear the traffic on the street below but more importantly you can hear the sound of the waves on the beach - a big plus! The pool was a nice size but the humidity in the pool area itself was so HIGH that everything was wet due to the condensation on the ceiling. dripping everywhere. Overall, I definitely thought it was well worth the money for a winter's night stay but I would find it way too noisy during the summer. You definitely can't beat the view.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor so you can't hear the guests above you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was not a guest at the hotel but I had locked myself out of car with my cell phone in it.i wanna say her name is Katie at the front desk was so compassionate and such a help letting me use the phone. My dad had called back and said that she was very concerned and going to see If she could help me. Thanks for being so helpful and getting me out of a jam!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!