“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Torrance
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at the Nantasket Beach Resort. The room rate was great as it is off season so I up graded to an ocean front room with a balcony and great view of the beach. I reserved a room with 2 double beds and it was spacious.....fire place is a nice touch and keeps you warm at night without having to turn on the heater. Nice size bathroom with a microwave and fridge in the room. Great paintings in the lobby and the hallways of Paragon Park and the historic hotels that used to line the beaches of Nantasket back in the day. Along with the view of the beach comes the noise of the traffic...if you are a light sleeper, I would recommend a room facing the back of the hotel. Indoor pool was great and the front desk staff were very professional. Rooms needs a little up grading with new drapes. We went our for the day and returned to our room at 3pm and it still had not been cleaned. I had to take a magazine and read in the lobby for about 40 mins while housekeeping came in to the room. Will stay again during my next visit to Hull to see family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have had to travel to Weymouth, MA twice in the past few months. The first place was downright nasty. I didn't want to be too far from my destination because it is easy to get lost in the Boston suburbs and too me everything looks so similar.
So I took a chance that I'd get lost and stayed here. It was very nice, very clean and comfortable. I had to trust my GPS and I also saved about $15 compared to the dump I stayed in last time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Amherst, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The "resort" is located directly across from Nantasket Beach. Due to it being "off season", paking was easy - either in front of the hotel or next to it in the hotel parking lot. I can imagine how hard it would be to find a parking space during the summer. The lobby is tastefully furnished and the walls throughout the hotel are adorned with paintings of Paragon Park and Nantasket Beach in its heyday. Our room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the beach with a balcony and fireplace. The room was clean and spacious.The drapes could use replacing, when the sun came up in the morning I could see the sunlight shining through the small holes where the curtains were worn through. You can hear the traffic on the street below but more importantly you can hear the sound of the waves on the beach - a big plus! The pool was a nice size but the humidity in the pool area itself was so HIGH that everything was wet due to the condensation on the ceiling. dripping everywhere. Overall, I definitely thought it was well worth the money for a winter's night stay but I would find it way too noisy during the summer. You definitely can't beat the view.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor so you can't hear the guests above you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was not a guest at the hotel but I had locked myself out of car with my cell phone in it.i wanna say her name is Katie at the front desk was so compassionate and such a help letting me use the phone. My dad had called back and said that she was very concerned and going to see If she could help me. Thanks for being so helpful and getting me out of a jam!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in a wedding block. It was during the Holidays so it was decorated very festive. My date and I (and other couples) had a really hard time finding our rooms as the directions were very confusing and the hallways are not well marked. We had a partial view room which did offer a great view of the ocean. Our room also had a fireplace which added to the quaint ambiance of the room. Overall, it was a nice place, especially for a large wedding party. Brunch the next day was very good, the restaurant was just very understaffed (probably given the time of year.)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

"Ugh" is what I think when I recall the not so great night spent at the Nantasket Beach Resort. I had learned about the Resort through Expedia and was impressed by the affordable rate of approx. $70, rating of 4+ stars and proximity referenced to Logan - 15 miles. Well, the 15 miles are surface streets mostly, and took 45+ minutes, the Resort parking lot wasn't convenient and it was rainy, windy and cold, AND we couldn't easily find our room. The room was okay, but only because of the fireplace and jetted tub. The worst of the "ugh" was that It ended up being too loud in the room from traffic down below on the street to actually get a good night of sleep :( Wouldn't stay here again, although the food in the restaurant was good! :)

Room Tip: Whatever you do - if you are a light sleeper - do not stay on the street side! No clue what the oth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
york,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While visiting relatives in Hull we had breakfast at the Paragon Grill located inside the Nantasket Beach Resort. Our server, Megan was prompt and friendly, prices were reasonable, food was delicious and the water view was perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!