“Beautiful View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Amherst, MA
“Beautiful View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The "resort" is located directly across from Nantasket Beach. Due to it being "off season", paking was easy - either in front of the hotel or next to it in the hotel parking lot. I can imagine how hard it would be to find a parking space during the summer. The lobby is tastefully furnished and the walls throughout the hotel are adorned with paintings of Paragon Park and Nantasket Beach in its heyday. Our room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the beach with a balcony and fireplace. The room was clean and spacious.The drapes could use replacing, when the sun came up in the morning I could see the sunlight shining through the small holes where the curtains were worn through. You can hear the traffic on the street below but more importantly you can hear the sound of the waves on the beach - a big plus! The pool was a nice size but the humidity in the pool area itself was so HIGH that everything was wet due to the condensation on the ceiling. dripping everywhere. Overall, I definitely thought it was well worth the money for a winter's night stay but I would find it way too noisy during the summer. You definitely can't beat the view.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor so you can't hear the guests above you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was not a guest at the hotel but I had locked myself out of car with my cell phone in it.i wanna say her name is Katie at the front desk was so compassionate and such a help letting me use the phone. My dad had called back and said that she was very concerned and going to see If she could help me. Thanks for being so helpful and getting me out of a jam!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in a wedding block. It was during the Holidays so it was decorated very festive. My date and I (and other couples) had a really hard time finding our rooms as the directions were very confusing and the hallways are not well marked. We had a partial view room which did offer a great view of the ocean. Our room also had a fireplace which added to the quaint ambiance of the room. Overall, it was a nice place, especially for a large wedding party. Brunch the next day was very good, the restaurant was just very understaffed (probably given the time of year.)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

"Ugh" is what I think when I recall the not so great night spent at the Nantasket Beach Resort. I had learned about the Resort through Expedia and was impressed by the affordable rate of approx. $70, rating of 4+ stars and proximity referenced to Logan - 15 miles. Well, the 15 miles are surface streets mostly, and took 45+ minutes, the Resort parking lot wasn't convenient and it was rainy, windy and cold, AND we couldn't easily find our room. The room was okay, but only because of the fireplace and jetted tub. The worst of the "ugh" was that It ended up being too loud in the room from traffic down below on the street to actually get a good night of sleep :( Wouldn't stay here again, although the food in the restaurant was good! :)

Room Tip: Whatever you do - if you are a light sleeper - do not stay on the street side! No clue what the oth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
york,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While visiting relatives in Hull we had breakfast at the Paragon Grill located inside the Nantasket Beach Resort. Our server, Megan was prompt and friendly, prices were reasonable, food was delicious and the water view was perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Conveniently located across the street from Nantasket Beach, this hotel offered some good amenities: nice workout room with 6 cardio machines and various weights; decent-sized indoor, heated pool for lap swim and a nice hot tub; on-site restaurant. The room itself was a bit cramped (king suite), but the offerings within the hotel were a good compensation. I stayed here in mid-November when the town itself seemed "closed for the season", but it was still nice.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look out onto the Ocean - go for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Poultney, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Nice location, but things have changed since it was the Clarion. I was charged an $8.00 per night resort fee. When I asked what that included I was told for free parking. I was told to park on the street. So they charged me to park in public parking. I paid cash and did not get a receipt, when I asked I was told I would get it at check out, after insisting, I got it.I had to leave a credit card for "incidentals". Efor I could get my room, the money was out of my account. Our room had a firpkace which was nice but the carpet was severely worn and the room in need of an overhaul. I might had that no where on their website was there mention of. Resort fee. EwRe of hidden costs! We will not stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!