You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Solid stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a business trip. Overall it was a solid Holiday Inn Express experience. Check-in was prompt and room was fine (looked clean and was fairly comfortable). My only issue is that that the drain plug in the bath tub did not work right - basically it did not plug the drain so I could take a bath. A bath helps me relax after a long day so I was disappointed. Breakfast was average but hey, it was free so can't complain about that. Check-out was smooth and easy. And the free wi-fi was also nice as always.

Wish I could give it a 3.5 rating since 3.0 sounds a little harsh. But I did think the 4.0 was a little too generous and Trip advisor does not allow half points.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! Our staff works diligently to ensure all guest have a speedy check in and check out, I am glad this does not go unnoticed! We also take pride in being able to provide free breakfast and WIFI to all our guest.

I apologize for the issue you had with your tub. I will look into this so that one is able to take a nice bath after a long day!

Thank you again for your feedback! I do hope that you will visit us again soon!

Katelyn Heerde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is not far from the highway and just outside of town, with a Grocery store just across the street. the room had comfortable beds, a fridge, microwave and decent wifi.

The place was fairly quite, especially at night but got a little noisy around 7:30 but what place doesn't?

The place in Marlborough off of the 20 has a restaurant and lounge, this place doesn't but I would rather have the fridge.

The only down is that the fourth floor hallways were very hot and smelled a bit moldy (too bad for such a new place). the rooms were clean and had good AC though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I am very happy you found our hotel location ideal for your travels! All of our rooms have refrigerators, microwave and coffeemakers, also free wifi for all guests! We are an Express so we do not have a resturant or lounge however we do serve complimentary breakfast each morning and have several restaurants close to the hotel.

Thank you again for taknig the time to write a review, I am very glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you soon!

Hillsdale, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a need to stay overnight in this part of Massachusetts and the reviews we read were favorable so we booked our room. Our room was clean and comfortable enough. Our bathroom sink was slow to drain away, however. On our way out to dinner we mentioned this at the front desk and were told that there is not 24 hour maintenance. Since this is a problem not uncommon to homeowners, we suggested that there might be anyone on staff who could just pour the required amount of Liquid Plummer or Draino down the drain. After all, the convenient location of the hotel had a major grocery store and a LOWE's across the way. Apparently that did not happen as our sink continued to drain away very slowly. Not a deal breaker for us but something for the front desk or management to consider for the future--just keep a bottle of drain cleaner on hand! More troubling however, was the complimentary breakfast the next morning. With more than an hour to go in the time period for breakfast and with many still arriving for breakfast, guests found the really neat pancake machine needing a refill, no more of the very delicious warm cinnamon rolls(my husband and I actually shared the only one available), an empty dish where breakfast sausages had been and no breakfast attendant to inquire as to where the food was. The one front desk person was busy assisting another guest on check out and reservations for a different hotel further on for their next stop. By the time she was done, a culinary assistant had finally appeared and the pancake machine was refilled. It is a really cool machine when working. About 15 minutes later, more sausages finally appeared. Never a sign of any more cinnamon rolls however. We didn't go hungry--no one did. There were plenty of other options. However,when you have advertising at the tables showing a picture of a what looks like a scrumptious, warm cinnamon roll, well, you really should have them. The convenience of it's location to the major highway as well as the stores across the way in case food items are needed for picnics or further travel makes this a good choice. The front desk people were cordial and the housekeeping staff was very friendly. This hotel has the potential for a very good or even excellent rating. Just needs a few tweaks.

Room Tip: We were offered a first floor room when we arrived but asked for an upper floor. We had a room over...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad that you found your room clean and comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful! We love our location just off of Interstate 495, it is very convenient for us guest no matter what direction they may be heading.

I am very sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I am aware of the slow drainage and it is something we took action on as soon as we found there was an issue. I also apologize for the delay you had in waiting for food at breakfast. We try our best to maintain a good amount of all food at all times. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations in this area.

Thank you again for your feedback! If your travels bring you to our area in the furture we do hope you choose to stay with us!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were headed to Maine, got tired and decided to stay for the night. Not only did we get an amazing deal because of my phone AP Hotel Coupons, but the staff was wonderful. He needed the coupon printed out and instead of making us drive aimlessly looking for a printer, he let us use the hotels! The room was clean, comfortable, fully equipped with a fridge and coffee maker. Not that I used it, in the morning there was fresh coffee and hot breakfast available along with cereal's, fruit, juices and danishes for everyone's enjoyment. We also forgot razors and tooth paste. The front desk happily sent some up to us. It was a very satisfying stay, all for the bargain price of 70 bucks! I will without a doubt be stopping in again.

• Stayed July 2013
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! We love being located directly off of Interstate 495. Our location is ideal for those travelers who are looking for a convenient place to stay for an evening or more! Our staff certainly knows how to go above and beyond to ensure that all guests are fully enjoying their stay with us. I am very glad that we were able to fulfill all your needs during your stay!

Thank you again for sharing your experience! We do hope you visit again soon!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to stay in as everything was perfect. As a frequent business traveler I typically dread my first night stay at any new location as I have problems sleeping in a different bed. Not this time and as it happens all of my colleagues all stated they too had a great night’s sleep. Anyway apart from the comfortable beds the rooms are spotlessly clean and all the furniture looked new.

Breakfast is included and they do offer a buffet style with a selection of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, omelets, Danish, muffins waffles etc. so all in all a good selection

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! I am very glad to hear that we made your first night at a new hotel extremely enjoyable. We work diligently to keep our hotel fresh and clean to give each guest that comforting feeling when they stay with us. I am also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet! We provide a variety of food from scrambled eggs, pancakes, cinnamon rolls to yogurt and fresh fruit to ensure there is something for every guest.

Thank you again for your review! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Carlsbad, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Please do yourself a favor and stay here. The staff is way beyond exceptional! The room could have been a hole in the wall and would have stayed anyway because of them! But thankfully it wasn't. Immaculate & comfortable. Just how I like it! :) I like Holiday Inn's but this one I would go out of my way to stay in. They will definitely see us again!! They made our time in Hudson that much better! So much so that I'm going to call everyone I can in the company to tell them what you are reading!

• Stayed June 2013
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Wow! We truly appreciate your comments! I am very glad that you found our hotel immaculate and our staff exceptional. We take pride in knowing that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We do hope to see you again in the future!

Thank you again for the kind words.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on business and found this hotel to be very clean in room and the whole hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. On Tuesday a Sam Adams beer samples free of charge was a nice surprise. No restaurant at the hotel but Japanese restaurant is very close by about few hundred yards. If you have no transport the Taxi livery Ride Transportation is highly recommended. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking a moment to write about your recent stay we us, we truly appreciate your feed back! I am very glad to hear that we have met your expectations in cleanliness and efficiency. Our staff knows how to go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy every aspect of your stay here! Our Sam Adams Beer tastings are a one of a kind touch that we enjoy offering to our guest once every week, we are very happy you enjoyed this as well!

Thank you for staying & we hope to see you again soon!

Katelyn Heerde

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro? Share your experiences!