“Stock up on Your Way Home” 5 of 5 stars

413-274-3412
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 restaurants in Housatonic
Falmouth, MA
“Stock up on Your Way Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you're visiting the Great Barrington area make sure to stop in the Berkshire Mountain Bakery on your way home and buy as many loaves as your freezer can hold. We love the flax bread and the multi-grain bread. They also make wonderful pizza and they supply the crust for several local restaurants.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

96% Recommend
philadelphia, pa
“Best bakery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Love the ciabatta rolls, bread and chocolate, semolina bread, raisin bread, pizza, all good! Love the new front that highlights their products a bit better

Visited July 2012
New England
“Worth the trip to Western Mass just for this discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stopped by this bakery on rte 183 heading into Great Barrington from West Stockbridge area and was amazed at the range of their products. We bought some wonderful croissants for breakfast, plus ciabatta rolls (a great variety of these), and got to sample their pizza as well. If we didn't live so far away, I'd have stocked up on artisan breads, pizza dough and more. Not to be missed!!

Visited May 2012
Stratford
“A great bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Whenever we travel to the Berkshires, we are sure to stop at this unique bakery and pick up some of their wonderful freshly baked breads. For Christmas, last year, we gave some of our friends and family their wonderful panetone holiday breads. The wonderful ingredients they use in their products make everything taste so good. We recommend it highly.

Visited December 2011
“The best bread in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife, who is French, has bought the bread for our family from Berkshire Mountain Bakery for as long as I can remember. That is one reason I am still married to her. I haven't been to the new "cafe" thing that I hear has been instituted, but I can tell you this, my friends....If one cares enough about food to make bread this good, you can be damned sure that whatever else they do is top notch. I'm sure. Good bread first, then take care of the rest. I'll post another review when I've tried the new thing but, really....good bread? Until this place it only existed in France. No kidding, among the best bread made in N.A., and I don't mean North Adams.
If you haven't been to France, get a baguette. Get it here. Then eat it with or without your favorite stuff, and let 'em know what you think. Not "Gourmet"....real, Good bread. Superb!