We booked the Holyoke Hotel & Conference Center on Hotels.com (their recommended pick), and paid $58.00 for one night. After I received the confirmation, I started to read the negative reviews and got a bit disappointed. I didn't know what to expect, so I was prepared to walk out of the place if it was weird.
So, I felt compelled to write this review, here are my observations :
When we arrived at the desk, I saw the patrons of the hotel bar- a small group of men in shirt & tie, some attractive well-dressed ladies, another group of very well dressed people that appeared to have been at an affair, a few 50-60-ish couples. Let me tell you I found this instantly comforting! The place is tremendous in size, with several conference rooms, large public spaces, a glass-enclosed business center, large gym, and large swimming pool. There was a coffee urn for guests in one of the lobbies that we didn't even notice until we were leaving. Our room (#123) was very clean with a generously sized flat-screen TV, coffee maker, ironing board with iron . The bed was very comfortable with clean crisp white bedding and down comforter. The towels , everything just smelled perfectly fresh and clean, and not like cleaning products. The carpeting seemed pretty new and we did not hesitate walking around in our bare feet. The only negative thing I can say is that some of the tile grout in the bathroom could use a little attention, and that wasn't even bad. I would give our room a B+ . I did not see or experience anything tattered or in disrepair, anything weird , tacky, musty or "icky". Would not hesitate booking this place again, and I would be very comfortable staying for a week if for work, a conference etc. Also would not hesitate booking a meeting or other business event there.
All the hotel guests we encountered were neatly dressed, smiling and said "hello" , and the rapport amongst the employees seemed fine. Both young ladies we encountered at the front desk were very pleasant and attentive. When we checked-out, the couple ahead of us
told the young lady at the desk warmly- "thanks! we'll be back!"
Everything seems quite nice and properly maintained. Although we did not use the pool, it looks very nice so I cannot comment on others' reviews.
The Holyoke is not a full-out luxury hotel, and it doesn't try to be more than it is, - it's similar to a Hampton-Inn or similar I guess; clean, comfortable, quiet, and I firmly believe it deserves 100% of it's 3 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family friendly property is located at the crossroads of Western New England at the intersection of I-91 and I-90 (Mass turnpike). We have a Friendly's restaurant on site, and are less than one mile from one of the largest malls in New England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Holyoke Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyoke Holiday Inn And Conference Center
- Holyoke Holiday Hotel Holyoke
- Holiday Inn Holyoke