“Very nice for price range” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice for price range”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently stayed here for a wedding and I was so impressed! From the drive up to the lobby and the rooms, it was a beautiful hotel with lots of nice touches. The lobby is decorated very classy and has nice high ceilings with a great seating area and buffet/kitchen space. The staff is always pleasant and helpful also...we did a have a few snags (on my banks behalf) that they helped me out with and were genuinely concerned and helped fix the situation. Our room was a great size for two people...kitchenette (with a FULL SIZE FRIDGE...seriously!), couch, small table, desk table and an area separate from the bathroom to get ready in (HUGE bonus to me and all the junk I brought with me to get ready). The bed was good, not great, we only were there one night so it was fine. There were plenty of towels and tolietries etc. and it was arranged very nicely. All in all, for $159 a night I LOVED this hotel...wish we could have stayed longer (and gotten to use the pool/hot tub!) would stay here again anytime :)

Room Tip: Any room seemed to be just fine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing your kind review of our hotel. I appreciate your business and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Peter Marks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed at Homewood Suites after visiting the Big E. We needed an overnight hotel on our way to Charlemont to go white water rafting. Check in was a breeze. Bradley at the front desk met us with a smile and we had a good laugh with him. The room was spotless, the bed was very comfortable. The pool area and jacuzzi were a nice add on. Spent a few hours there just relaxing. When I wanted to buy a few magazines in the gift shop, there were none available. The gentleman behind the desk apologized and actually walked me to the fitness center and gave me a stack of magazines to choose from. . I don't remember his name, but he was also quite knowledgable about the whitewater rafting trip we were taking the next day. Breakfast could have been a bit better. Only complaint was that I wish they had a waffle maker. My boyfriend was looking forward to waffles for breakfast. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have one. Overall, a nice place to stay overnight.

Room Tip: Some have mentioned to request a room away from the highway, we actually faced the highway and did n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review about our hotel and the services we provide. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a great place to relax in a home like atmosphere. They have a free supper buffet and breakfast not to mention a kitchen in every suite. The value is good for all you get. Can't go wrong here. Did I fail to mention wine and beer offered with supper? Also a great business center, exercise facility and pool. You can take the family here with plenty for the kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your kind feedback about our hotel and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed one night for a wedding. We paid less for this suite than for other rooms in the area. Nicely decorated, very clean, just beautiful. The continental breakfast included had a decent variety but only average in quality. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with. I appreciate your business and the time you took to review our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Your feedback about breakfast is appreciated and I am happy to report that we are working on improving our breakfast, to offer a better variety and quality.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We had room 101 on the ground floor, a one bedroom suite with kitchen.

All was OK although there is never much privacy when travelling with two teens.

Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. It was a hot day and some outdoor loungers outside would have been nice although there are some heavy, iron chairs.

We got our Six Flags tickets via Smart Destinations if you are touring to either Boston or Cape Cod areas you will save money on excursions with a 'Go Boston' card.

No complaints but nothing exciting either.

• Stayed August 2012
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We hope you and your teens enjoyed your time at Six Flags and at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your review online at TripAdvisor. I am sorry we could not exceed your expectations and I would love for you to contact me, to learn more about what we could have done better.

Please call me at 413-532-3100.
I am looking forward to talking to you.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay if visiting the Springfield attractions(Six flags, Dr. Seuss Memorial). The rooms are clean and comfortable with everything you need if traveling with kids. The hotel staff is professional and courteous and no request is too small. The free hot breakfast was just the right start for our day. The general manager, Peter Marks, is probably one of the best I have encountered - he makes it a point to welcome all the guests during breakfast and asks about your plans to make sure you have the latest information and gives you tips on other things you might want to check out during your stay as well inform you about the discount tickets they have available. Also asked us about our stay as we checked out. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your compliment about my service is very much appreciated. It is a team effort to ensure all of our guests leave satisfied.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

From the warm welcome to the surprisingly comfortable room, this was one of the best hotels we've stayed in. The location is accessible, the staff is extremely helpful and the hotel comfortable. The rooms both had large, bright windows, the sitting area was fairly large, very comfortable and well situated. The kitchen was separated and included a full size fridge, microwave, cook top, and a dishwasher! Everything was clean and in good repair. The sink area was conveniently outside the bathroom which was fairly large.
My one gripe was the breakfast. The food was totally unappealing and the staff couldn't keep up with the restocking. I waited for coffee, then the potatoes, then forks, then the oatmeal and then a spoon. I ended up with cheerios and 2% milk (they ran out of skim). I wasted a lot of food as I kept trying to find a hot item worth eating. I can't believe that I would have preferred the typical waffle maker!
On the way out, I witness a really pleasant interaction. A woman was at the desk and it was obvious that the hotel had not received her reservation from Travelocity. The hotel staff had looked into it, apologized even though it wasn't the fault of the hotel...and she got her room at no charge! Maybe that is a deal with Travelocity, don't know, but it was handled effectively and pleasantly.
I would absolutely stay here again...despite the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the highway to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your very kind feedback about our hotel. We are delighted that you overall enjoyed your stay and we are working on improving our breakfast.

Peter Marks

Been to Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North? Share your experiences!