“Outstanding employees and mmannagement” 5 of 5 stars

Six Flags New England
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Outstanding employees and mmannagement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I spend an average of 6 to 8 months each year staying in hotels nation wide with my job and this hotel stands out in every regard. The rooms are perfect in every way most of all in comfort and cleanliness. The front desk employees are probably the most accommodating that you'll ever encounter. The complementary services and food are always excellent. The manager, Mr. Peter Marks somehow can call all the guest by their names if you meet him in a hall or anywhere in the hotel. Mr. Marks runs a very tight ship but is highly respected by all employees which I think says an awful lot about his character. Needless to say my month stay here is most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Request what you like and you will be accommodated
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your long-term business and thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review. We pride ourselves in delivering the best customer service to our guests and I know each and everyone of my employees takes pride in our hotel and service.

Your comments are an affirmation of that and I have shared your feedback with my team at our daily meeting today.

We are looking forward to continuing to serve you.

Peter Marks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kingston, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here with our two young children. It is a clean and efficient facility. There's nothing negative to report as we only stayed only one night. We learned that the manager, who came over and chatted with us at breakfast, is German. We need say no more when we learned this. Germans are known to be efficient and tidy and the facility was as we expected from German manager. I would add that they could add some signage to better direct us to the highway from the hotel's parking lot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Danke Schön - Thank you very much for your kind comments about my hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind thoughts about my German heritage.

I will be certain to share this review with my team tomorrow.

Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for a short winter getaway. My family has been here several times before and, as always, I was very impressed with the comfortable surroundings, numerous amenities and the overall cleanliness of the hotel. This time, however, I was especially impressed with the wonderful service from the front desk staff. Victor, in particular, is an absolutely stellar employee. He was so kind and courteous to us. He even offered to put aside meals for us from the evening reception if we did not make it back to the hotel in time. Amazing young man. I already sang his praises to his manager while I was there. In these times of "lackluster", customer service, Hilton needs to retain employees like Victor. In all my years of travel, I have never experienced this level of excellent customer service. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business and that you took the time to share with us the feedback about Victor's great performance. He is an asset to our hotel and I will be certain to share your feedback with him.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were looking for a clean and inviting place to stay with our children and were very pleased with our experience. All the staff, from the front desk to housekeeping and breakfast area were welcoming and helpful. They upgraded us to a two room suite which was great with the kids having their own sleeping area and tv. The room was extremely clean and having dishes and a kitchen area was such a nice convenience--plenty of glassware, etc,

We enjoyed the heated pool, which was clean, bright and inviting with plenty of towels (although small, they were neatly folded and easy to find) and a toybox full of noodles and water toys.

The complimentary breakfast was better than most hotels in this price range and the staff even offered a to go box to take back to the room without me thinking to ask.

Overall this was a very pleasant experience and surpassed my expectations.

• Stayed March 2012
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We reserved two rooms as a stop-over on a family trip, and had a great experience. The hotel is very clean, well maintained, and in a good location. It's easy to get to from the highway, is right across from Holyoke Mall and many dining options are just a couple of minutes away. We were very impressed with the staff. They really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable, and handle any requests we made. We will stay again when passing through on our next trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We are deligthed that you enjoyed your stay and I will be certain to share your comments with my team.

Winnetka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Homewood Suites has been exceptional for the past six months. The General Manager Peter has continued a fine tradition of offering first class service using talented caring people. Thank you for the excellent hospitality service. Truly, from staffing the front desk with people like Victor and Stephanie to meal services from Luz and Marlene, to Jason in enginering and of course to all the housekeeping professionals that meticulously made my hotel rooms clean, fresh and orderly....Thank you for the exceptional experience. Truly a good home away from home. There are so many other staff names that I have not said, but you all are every bit as important as those named. This place has a great staff with wonderful accomodations that made my long-term stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Room Tip: I like high, away and courtyard side for the exercise of using the stairs (both elevators were conve...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your long-term stay with us. We are very happy that you shared your experience with us. We strive to create a Home away from Home, where you can feel like family and I am delighted that we succeeded.

I will be certain to share your review with my team at our daily huddle.

Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Homewood suites is a chain that we frequent because of the large rooms, dinner offerings durning the week and full breakfast. Located close to a mall, we were able to bring food back to the hotel from the food court.

Our son attends school near by and our two night stay was perfect. Didn't get a chance to use the fitness center or pool.

Breakfast was delicious. Our daughter loves that she can make her own waffles - the fruit was fresh.

The staff was the best - we were able to check in early and the woman at the front desk was so pleasant to my 9 year old daughter. Making us all feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2012
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed their stay at the Homewood Suites Holyoke. Your comments will be shared with our team, as a reaffirmation of the service focus, we pride ourselves for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Peter Marks

Been to Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North? Share your experiences!