“friendly staff and comfortable room” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Williamsburg, Virginia
“friendly staff and comfortable room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Best Western Plus made us feel very comfortable while away from home. We were not familiar with the area, but found the hotel as soon as we got off the exit. When we checked in the desk staff was friendly and able to help us find a restaurant close by. The king room was larger than we expected and had everything that we needed in it. They even had chocolates and bottled water in the room. Next time we are in the area we will stay here again and will make sure to bring our swimsuits so we can enjoy the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Greetings Jane,

I am so happy to hear you and your husband had a nice stay! All of the staff really strive to make sure a guest's stay is enjoyable. It was actually one of our long term housekeepers who came up with the idea to offer complimentary bottles of water and chocolate in our Executive King Rooms. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I ended up staying here with the kids. We found a great rate on Expedia and decided to try it out on our way back home. We got there a little late and were very hungry. The front desk staff was kind enough to provide us a list of local restaurants. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub which was a highlight! Will be back.

Room Tip: free wifi works good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Albert,

The staff and I appreciate the kind words! We are glad you were able to find our hotel suitable. Expedia.com is a great website that helps get our hotel out to the traveler. We have many restaurants close to the hotel and yes the hot tub and indoor pool are great!!! See you soon.
Clinton Me
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had no heat for two days and nights! before they moved us to another room!!!
We never had this happen to us before at a Best Western before! We will be staying at
another motes when we go to Mass or any other state again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Robert,

I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I assure you that I would like to personally research this matter further as typically my staff is very responsive to addressing situations immediately. I certainly would like you to stay with Best Western Hotels as I find our brand to be superior over others due to the customer service. Please contact me directly at dana@bwmerrimackvalley to provide me so insight and possibly an opportunity to chat with you. Again, my apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Haverhill hotels

Hilton Head Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel was for the most part fine, but I was charged for a room safe that I didn't use. The charge was small, but it is unacceptable to automatically add fees like this. The only issue I had other than this was there were cobwebs on the ceiling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Scott,

I apologize this left your stay with an overall rating of 1 despite your stay being fine other than the safe charge. We currently are looking into new alternatives for In-Room Safes. As this is something that can be frustrating, we are ensuring the front desk staff is informing the guests as we certainly remove the charge should a guest not utilize the in-room safe. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you seek a credit of $1.50.

Best,

Dana
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Best Western in Haverhill for 2 nights. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, as was any other staff member we ran into. The double queen room on the ground floor was spacious and clean. The beds were comfy and warm.
The shower had some pressure issues and both times I showered I had tepid water at best, even showering at "off" times.
I had breakfast one morning, the food was ok but the coffee wasn't hot.
Also noise. We must have had a roller derby team practicing overhead one night. Security was sent up promptly but the problem just wouldn't go away. We finally fell asleep from exhaustion.
We would stay here again, but reserve a room on the top floor to avoid the noise issues.

Room Tip: Less noise on the upper floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear recent guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad overall you enjoyed your stay while visiting Haverhill and that you will be back! We are re-vamping our breakfast in the next few weeks to offer more of a selection so we hope to please you next time you visit. I will be personally making sure the coffee remains hot throughout the breakfast. As I am a coffee drinker it may have been a fluke but surely I do apologize! If you would be so kind to e-mail dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com, I would be more than happy to look into your room. We do not receive many comments about our water pressure so I want to make sure we catch it. Thank you again for the positive remarks and see you soon!
Bridgton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have stayed at many Best Western hotels and found our experience here was amazing. First the convenience of their location. We travel from Maine to Boston and other local areas frequently and the convenient of being located off Rte. 495 is such a respite to our travels. The staff has always been professional but more importantly caring and genuine. The staff welcomes you as family and treats you as family as well. Always a smile and how can we help. Their accommodations, cleanliness of the rooms, quiet and other amenities are a welcome need as we travel having these extras makes our stay simply perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

We loved having you stay with us!! We truly appreciate the kind remarks about our service as we strive to make all guests feel welcome. As you said, we are very convenient for your travels throughout the New England area and we work very hard on cleanliness. We hope to see you again! Have a great 2013.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Merrimack Valley? Share your experiences!