“Pleasantly surprised by this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pleasantly surprised by this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Was here for two weeks on business. The room was very spacious and clean. Great hot breakfast in the mornings. Indoor pool and gym. Grocery store across the street and drugstore next door. Only bad thing was we discovered a small amount of money we left out one day was missing when we returned that night. Use the safe or take valuables with you.

• Stayed October 2012
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear recent Guest,

Thanks for providing your feedback about your stay! My apologies for not responding to you soon as I have recently joined the team at Best Western Merrimack Valley! We are located right off the highway on 495 and an excellent location being close to restaurants, shopping, and a food market. I would like to discuss your findings in your room and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not really sure where the "plus" part of this hotel came in. For the pros....the room was clean and the staff was polite and courteous. The cons.... the refrigerator made a loud clicking sound the entire time and the room had very limited hot water. Also the breakfast hours end at 9:30 which we found rather inconvenient. In other words there is nothing majorly wrong with this hotel and its perfectly fine for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim,

Thanks for your feedback! We recently became a PLUS within the Best Western Family and are excited with some of the changes which we will be doing over the next months. I am happy to see the overall stay was good and I assure you our staff want to make sure you are happy whenever you visit. I will be looking at our breakfast hours as we have times which vary from weekday to weekend but surely our weekend hours are until 10:30. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com should you have any comments or concerns. Thanks!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My family recently stayed here over night for a cheer competition the next day in close proximity. Booked the room through priceline and had no problems at check in. The room was surprisingly larger than expected and very clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The complimentary continental breakfast the next morning was great with a large variety from eggs, bacon and waffles to cereal, bagels,muffins fruit, toast and yogurt. Orange juice, apple juice, milk, tea and coffee to drink. The one sore spot was the key card wasn't working at first at the room. I called the desk and was told someone would come down but nobody came. In the mean time I got the card to work. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Nova Scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked through Priceline and was treated like a second class citizen. The lady on the front desk was uncaring from the time we arrived until the conclusion of our stay 2 days later. Because my friend and I required 2 beds, there was a $15 upgrade fee charged per night. I might have understood that if it meant the room was cleaned ... but it was not! I could not believe my eyes when we returned to the room that evening - beds not made, . After calling the front desk, we were accused of putting the card on the door (which we did not). The sink in the bathroom did not drain properly. The continental breakfast was ok but that was the only positive I would give this hotel. I'll never pick a 2.5* in this area again, for fear of getting this location.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Haverhill hotels

New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Got into this via priceline bidding, was a decent hotel to stay in at a decent price. Rooms were comfy and good, breakfast was ok. Staff was OK too. Close to shopping district like Marshalls, Burlington etc (did not shop though), CVS etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I had a very good time in this select best western. I have no complaints other than I asked for a roll away bed, instead I ended up sleeping with my friend in the same bed. Right place right price, okay- service.

• Stayed June 2012
BWMV, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit and for providing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your time with us and for your recommendation. We are sorry that you did not receive the rollaway bed you requested. I have followed up with the staff to ensure that in the future, requests are followed up on so this does not happen again! We hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel through the Haverhill, MA area.

Steve Kerrigan
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had stayed at this Best Western a few times before and went back again a week ago. The room and bed was very clean and comfortable, my daughter enjoyed the pool every night and the morning breakfast got our day off to a great start. We come to visit family and find this hotel very convient and the help always friendly and polite. I would go again without hesitation. We spent alot of time traveling to Maine and the Seacoast of NH from there and it was a quick trip only about a half an hour.

Room Tip: We always try to stay near the lobby and the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for your great recommendation of our hotel! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with our amenities like our pool and breakfast, and experienced friendly service from our staff. That is our highest priority and glad to hear your feedback reflected that. Thanks for being such a loyal guest with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Steve Kerrigan

Been to BEST WESTERN Merrimack Valley? Share your experiences!