“ACCOLADES GO OUT TO A WONDERFUL RESTAURANT IN HAVERHILL!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
maine
“ACCOLADES GO OUT TO A WONDERFUL RESTAURANT IN HAVERHILL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner at the Roma yesterday. From the crisp fresh salad to the main course it was one of the best meals we have had . A very established restaurant that I frequented with my parents as a a young child 70 years ago. They really know what they are doing ! Try the baked Haddock. Donato

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

Terrible food, worst than dorm food in college. Not true Italian, but overcooked American Italian food. Wouldn't recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Such a Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Roma is a very traditional New England style restaurant trying to survive in a crazy economy. During the summer they offer their entire menu for $9.99 from Monday to Thursday. Two weeks ago our destination was The Roma. Atmosphere is typical New England and with a window view of the river outside. Lovely.
I had their fried clams which were market priced at $27.99 - but only $9.99. They were small an delicious. Did I feel as though I had a luncheon size, yes, but who cares? For $9.99 I had more than I could eat with french fries and a house salad. My friend had the filet mignon - again luncheon size. She was a little disappointed as it was presented as though we were at a big wedding.. sort of blah...
Both of us loved getting out of there for under $20 with drinks.
Definitely will go back to try it again.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“GONE DOWNHILL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Been to this place once before few months back, and it was soso back then. This time around, my Fiancee & I went there with some friends. Our waitress was Donna. She seemed nice and attentive enough until 2 of us complained about food NOT being cooked enough/served cold. Also, a seafood combo plate, I asked to have the clams subbed with either more haddock or scallops, they ended up putting several ONION RINGS in place of the clams, NOT GOOD! Overall, we were all VERY dissapointed in the service and food, and the bill was still almost $100 after we complained :( Our waitress Donna gave NO apologies for the problems.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newbury, Massachusetts
“Food was good, service was deplorable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

A week ago my youngest son wanted to take his mother out for mother’s day eve supper. We had heard good things about the Roma and had not been there in years. We called ahead for a reservation for 6:30PM. Upon arriving we were met at the counter by an angry older lady. When we told her about the reservation, she walked away she said “like that’s going to happen” under her breath.

Fifty-five minutes later we were seated after eight other walk-ins had been seated in front of us (our party was five people). The wait staff appeared to be over worked and confused. We placed our order for drinks only to be talked down to because of a mix-up between two servers. Our salads arrived (35 minutes later) and could not get the sever to bring the dressing for another 10 minutes. Three of us were done eating before the other two meals arrive. It took us three hours for a meal that should have been an hour and a half tops.

Could not believe what was happening, and when I spoke with a male, who appeared to be a manager, he replied with little to no explanation for the service and had a less then caring attitude about the poor service.

I would not recommend or revisit this restaurant!

• Visited May 2011