“A decent place for burger” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Haverhill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“A decent place for burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We come here for burgers once a quarter. It's ok. Service is ok, nothing outstanding. I has steak once, which made me swear I will never have one in this place ever again. I couldn't eat it. It barely tasted like beef.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Always a good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have always had great service and food at this location. My last visit a month ago was no exception. Everyone there, from the hostess who greets you to the person tending bar to the servers, are friendly, accommodating and attentive. At least that has been my experience in the many, many times I've visited this restaurant. I'm sure there are those times when things don't run as smoothly as they should or someone gets a server that isn't as attentive as he or she should be. No restaurant is perfect, but I do find that this Longhorn location is better than most others that I've visited. The food here is always very good. That being said, I normally don't order beef items because I'm not a beef eater. But my friend does and she's always had good luck with her choices and the way they were prepared. Some of my favorites on their menu are the Wild West Shrimp, which has just the right amount of "kick" to it, the chicken fingers, which are made there at the restaurant and not brought in frozen like many other restaurants do, and the Red Rock Shrimp entree. The vegetables that are served with the entrees are satisfying. The bread is a small loaf of whole grain bread served with whipped butter. That was the one hiccup in our service the last time I visited. We ate at the bar and the woman who waited on us never brought us bread so we had to ask for some midway through the meal. It was annoying, but I've suffered worse transgressions at restaurants. I would not recommend the shrimp cocktail, which is a fairly new item added to the appetizer section of their menu. The shrimp were small and not worth the price. All in all I think you get a good meal with good service for a reasonable price at this location.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LHemy
“Great for steaks and prime rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We go often and enjoy the place. On weekends, though, it is hard to get a table unless you are quite early. Call ahead seating works, but usually you still have to wait. Wish they took real reservations. Fun atmosphere, good food.

Visited February 2012
Pelham, New Hampshire
“Perhaps it was a bad day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My grandkids, their husband's, great granddaughter, husband and I went to this restaurant for lunch the day after Christmas.

On the plus side we were warmly greated by the hostess and server. Our order was taken promptly and the service was good.

We started our lunch with some Wild West Shrimp, Texas Tonion, and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms. The shrimp and the Tonion both looked as if the oil that they were cooked in was off and they tasted as if they were stale frozen. The mushrooms were disappointing to say the least as they were barely warm.

I wanted a medium rare burger and was told that it would have to be served, due to state regulations, medium so I ordered a chicken sandwich instead. The fries that came with it were disappointing....McDonald's are better.

The other 4 adults each ordered a burger. One came out raw (Cheddar), another medium rare (Cheddar), another medium (Crunchy Campfire), and the last medium well (Bacon).

When the server stopped by and asked if everything was OK, we showed her the raw (Cheddar) burger and she apologized and took it away. This burger was replaced with a Crunchy Campfire. The manager who brought this burger from the kitchen along with another apology asked if this burger was OK, she was told, and shown, that it wasn't the burger that was ordered. She apologized, took it back to the kitchen, and came back to the table and offered my granddaughter another apology and gave her $25 in gift cards.

By the time that the correct burger came from the kitchen, we had it boxed up. Later in the day when this burger was tried at home, it was raw too!

Did I mention that some of the silverware was dirty too? That should have been the first indication that all was not right.

Because the experience was so bad, I went online to complete the survey and in less than 24 hours heard from the Director of Operations for this restaurant who apologized for the totally unacceptable exerience and was addressing the issues raised that same day and offered gift cards.

Now that someone with responsibility and authority is aware of the problems with this restaurant and is attempting to do something about it, would I go to this restaurant again? Perhaps.

• Visited December 2011