“Nice Place but Crowded” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Place but Crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went on a saturday night and had to wait a bit (15-20 minutes) even though we had made reservations. Got a seat next to the door and there was a draft which was pretty cold. Try to get a booth to avoid this problem...This was our first time here. We had eaten at the same location when it was George's which has since closed (no suprise). The food was very good and the drink were well made. I was able to use the $20.00 off coupon from the Entertainment Book even though it was a saturday night. The gift certificate from Restaurant.com is valid only Sunday-Friday so I probably go back one of those nights.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rowley, Massachusetts
“Excellent cozy find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a great hidden find! We tried Blue Finn Grille for the first time about 10 days ago. We walked in and liked it immediately. For the entree my boyfriend tried the swordfish with a pesto sauce that came with risotto and asparagus. I chose the lobster mac n cheese. Quite a large amount of lobster. The portions were quite big. The flavor even bigger. We wanted to keep eating even though we were full about half way thru. Excellent leftovers! We ended the night with a key lime pie that was to die for. Our waitress (I wish I could remember her name) was so friendly and helpful when we were chosing what to order. Can't wait to go back and try another delcious dish!

San Francisco
“We'll definitely go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great seafood - everything was very fresh. Fun atmosphere - a bit funky. Good service. Highly recommend the seafood bowl (great broth), the scallops and the fried clams. The beer selection is a bit slim, but they had a lot of fun cocktails.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts
“Still Great the 2nd Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I recently dined at the Blue Finn Grille for the 2nd time, but this time we took another couple with us. Our dinners were so tasty the first time, we ordered the same ones this time (for me - baked haddock, yukon gold mashed, and sugar snap peas; and my husband had the tenderloin). Everything was just as great!! For appetizers, we ordered mussels, oysters, and seared tuna. Everything was so good, I don't think there was a drop of anything left on our plates. For dessert, I ordered the white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake like the first time we went. I wasn't sure if they would have it this time because the desserts are made in house and they don't have a permenant dessert menu. My friend ordered something with pecans. I don't know the name of it, but I tried it, and it was so tasty! This is a small place with a great atmosphere, nice lighting and decor, and very friendly staff!! We will definitely return!!

Boston, MA
“Best Kept Secret in Haverhill!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am almost afraid to share this review, as I don't want to have to share this wonderful place. We are well travelled and love our food and wine. Wonderful experience. If you don't like the choices, chef is more than willing to cook it to your liking. We don't do fried or high fat cooking, but loved, yes, loved the choices presented. So glad that Haverhill, our hometown, now has some wonderful culinary choices. Very Napa-like experience!!