“bare bones service and food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Athol, Massachusetts
“bare bones service and food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A couple of days ago we went to Fish Tails for their triple lobster special for $19.99. The special consists of 3 lobsters, butter and a utensil kit to take it apart. That's it. There are no side dishes (potatoes). They must be ordered separately. The service is terrible, even when the restaurant isn't crowded. We waited a long time for the waitress to take our order and then waited a long time for the food. The lobsters were delicious but it's pretty hard to mess up cooking lobster. I didn't see any other food being served except the lobster special. I honestly don't know if I would go back or not, since it is quite a distance from where I live. I guess it depends on how bad you want to stay out of the kitchen.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

44% Recommend
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I kept hearing advertisements on our local radio station so I convinced my husband to take me. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding, the portions were large, and the prices reasonable. We will definitely return!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Slow service, when we got it, inedible food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The waitress was new, I don't know how much training she had but, she had to look at my dish on the menu before she knew what it was. She came back two more times to ask questions that should have been asked when I ordered. I ordered my steak with sauce on the side, it came out with sauce on the steak. The steak was advertised as 16 oz. It would have had to cook off a lot of fat to get down to the size that I finally got. My salad arrived after my entree, after I asked about it. Oh, I was told that she would "pick off" the things I didn't want on my salad. The steak could not be cut easily and could not be chewed, the vegetables were raw. I didn't want the meal and asked to see a manager. The bartender went to the table next to us for their problem, no food afer more than an hour. The waitress came by and asked if I wanted to take my meal home. Clearly, I didn't want the meal. Fianlly she got fast! In less than a minute I had the check, with the price of the un-eaten meal still on it! I finally had to go to the bar to have the bartender take care of the check. I didn't want a free appetizer, round of drinks, nothing, I'll pay for what we consumed, just please, take the terrible meal off the check and let me out of here! We won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Absolutetly, Positively average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took my family there for lunch today and was less than impressed. We had been hearing so much about this restaurant we figured it deserved a try. Tables were sticky, service was just ok. The food itself was extremely average but the worst thing was my girlfriend finished her coffee to find a piece of paper stuck to the inside bottom of her cup. Maybe dinner is better but I'm not sure we would go back and take that chance.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hadley, Massachusetts
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We come in once a month, and the staff is so awesome. They always remember us, and are very attentive. The food is great, and very reasonably priced. I will always take a few extra minutes/miles to come to this hidden gem! :)

Visited September 2012