“New owner-still great dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“New owner-still great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have been to L"Alouette twice since Christen Schultz became the owner and each time the dining experience was supurb. Presentation is very nice, portions are large and service is excellent. The wine list is extensive and fairly priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eastham, Massachusetts
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I reviewed this restaurant a few years ago but now it is under new management with a new chef Christian Shultz who was the chef at the Barley neck. We have always enjoyed his dinners but this time were a little disappointed . My wife had the duck which had a thick layer of fat under the skin and was quite greasy. I had calves liver which was very good. We waited an inordinately long time to be served and I hope they get their act together and keep the restaurant to the same high standards it had in the past

Visited July 2014
Harwich, Massachusetts
“New Owner and Chef - Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've seen this Harwich Port restaurant go through several changes since 1979 when it was Carriage Trade. It then became L'Aouette and since then had two different owners. The food has aways been excellent.

Christian Schultz took over from the previous owners early this summer. The premises have been spruced up. The menu has been expanded, and the food is great. I had the lamb shank and my wife had a steak - both excellent. It was nice to see a couple of the previous servers + some new ones.

I think this is off to a very good start. Good luck!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best supper on the Cape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This meal and the service were excellent from start to finish-- definitely make a reservation for supper! From the friendly hostess to the knowledgeable and attentive server, the service was great. But the meal was better-- we both got the cashew crusted halibut-- a large, fresh piece of fish finished just right. But even the smaller items on the plate were done with extra elan-- the green beans had a touch of lemon, the rice and sauce (I forget which one-- maybe Chantilly?) both cooked and seasoned well. The caramel and chocolate dessert was a rich ending to a wonderful meal. The tables are well-placed so you aren't forced to listen to your neighbors' conversation and the noise level was low so that dinner conversation could happen easily.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crofton, Maryland
“New chef/owner=fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I have been to L'aloutte years ago (90's and early 00's) and while always good, the place seemed to get a little tired and overpriced for not so fantastic food. I don't mind paying if I am wowed. So, fast forward to last week (June 25th to be exact) we had read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor and were delighted to discover that Christian Schultz is the new owner. We had had some of his cooking at the Academy Ocean Grill and were very impressed. We made a reservation for Wed (you will need a rez during the summer season). We started off with the seafood bisque, the escargot with mushrooms and the clams Christian. Wow! Flavors were all amazing and different. It was a good choice to share. My cousin had the Veal Saltimboca (which I remember from Academy Ocean Grill as one of the standouts). My wife had the seafood lovers (lobster, shrimp and scallops) and I had the Bolognese. All were truly outstanding. Great job Christian, keep it up!

Visited June 2014