“Better than paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Winstead Inn and Beach Resort

You added Winstead Inn and Beach Resort to your Saves list
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   114 Parallel St & 4 Braddock Lane, Harwich Port, Harwich, MA 02646   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Better than paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is my first review on TripAdivsor. I've always read, but never left reviews until now. Only because Winstead Inn and Beach Resort is so amazing it was worth writing about. We recently returned from our very first Cape Cod vacation with our two boys (6 & 8). The outstanding service started even before we arrived and lasted throughout. Doug spent plenty of time with me over the phone assessing our needs and helping us pick the best dates and room.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a smiling staff who parked our car because the lot was full. Our room (7) was perfect for our family. The room was very clean including the bathroom which was sporting white thick towels and spotless white tile and pedestal sink. Here are just a few of wonderful details that made the Beach Resort extra special:

- Polished wood paneling and doors
- Rich blue-colored carpets
- Welcoming stone fireplace
- Soft leather chairs
- Fresh-cut flowers
- Delicious and hearty breakfast with the "Flavor of the Day" muffins

And that's just inside. The outside look and feel was breathtaking. Words can't describe the beauty so I've attached some photos. We enjoyed a wonderful meal with a view from the front deck that you can't get from any local restaurant. Our boys loved the pool at the inland house. It was so warm and pleasant. The landscape around the pool made it feel like we were in paradise...even better than paradise.

Lastly, the guests we met were wonderful. Everyone was so relaxed and having a great time. It was like you knew everyone your entire life. We can't wait to return next year. We've officially created a new annual tradition. Thank you, Winstead Inn and Beach Resort.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I just returned from vacationing on Cape Cod. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was very relaxing and the people working there were very friendly and helpful. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Anne (who was such a sweetie!). I felt I was coming home to mom after a long time away. She made me and my family feel very welcomed. She showed us around the Inn and even had Larry (who works and lives there) help us with our bags. We had our little 5 month old baby with us so we had extra bags! Also, brought a portable crib but didn't realize that they offered that. I wish I was told before hand but that's okay, the baby wound up sleeping in our bed for most of the stay. The room we had was on the first floor. It was a bit small but cozy and most importantly, clean. The location was directly on the beach. The beach wasn't nothing to write home about. We noticed that there were tons of washed up seaweed by the water so we didn't even think about going in. There were also way too many seashells on the beach. I just didn't think the beach was that nice other than to look at during breakfast or late evening. I did enjoy their other property which was about a 5 min. drive and went to their salt water pool. We all enjoyed spending time there twice during our stay. Our baby loved it! Just to see her smile and kicking in the pool for the very first time was worth the 6+ hrs it took to drive up.

The only negatives I have for this place is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear everyone walking and their conversations which felt like they were outside my door but then again, I was on the first floor right next to the common area (living room). Also, although I enjoyed their comp. breakfast, it would of been nice to switch some things up since we pretty much ate the same things everyday (muffins, fresh fruit, etc.) but they were yummy! Thanks Doug!

In terms of doing things around the area, there isn't much but to visit some restaurants and take day trips to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket which we did. The weather wasn't that great but overall, the trip was relaxing even with a 5 month old baby! We hope we can come back and visit.

rockland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have been staying at the Winstead Beach Resort since they opened (27? years) We watched it grow from a charming small B & B to the beautiful inn it is now. Gregg, the owner, and Doug are always there and ready to help in any way. It is immaculate and the porch with rockers, deck with tables and umbrellas, and beautiful beach allow you to spread out and enjoy. I cannot think of one negative thing to say. Looking forward to going to our "home away from home" again this summer.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mywoody, General Manager at Winstead Inn and Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
The entire staff thanks you Phyllis for your kind words. All of the staff consider the Winstead Inn And Beach Resort their home away from home and we gladly share it..
hk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We enjoyed 3 nights here and had a Thoroughly relaxing time. The beach front setting with outdoor patio area for sunset meals allowed our family with 3 teens, just the right amount of privacy with lots of space for freedom. Within wAlking distance we could reach several popular restaurants, also affording us the distance for post-dinner stroll. The common areas are comfortable and inviting.

The rooms were well-kept with nice decor, although could use some updating at some point. The air con was a bit noisy but opening our windows was pleasant too ( luckily not hot at night). We didnt mind the ceiling fan either..The 5 person suite worked out well for us.

We found the staff helpful, accommodating, polite and eager to please. As guests we were all taken care of.

Best location and atmosphere for our holiday! Thank you very much!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and your input . The air conditioner has been changed and we look forward to your return.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed at the Winstead Beach Resort for three nights, the start of our 14 day honeymoon touring the northeast. This place was amazing and number one among all of the locations we booked in four states (MA, VT, ME,NH)! The employees (especially Doug and Gregg) are very nice and the rooms are beautiful! I would give the Beach Resort six stars if I had the ability to do so on this review. The rooms are very clean and give you the feel of being in an elegant cottage on the east coast. We enjoyed the stunning beach view and delicious breakfast daily. Everyone we meet in town keep telling us this was the place to stay. I can't wait to come back in the future! I recommend this place to any one who wants to stay in Cape Cod. A special thanks to Doug, Gregg, and all the staff who made this stop the highlight of our trip!! Beth and Jay

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the beach front property for 3 nights. The B&B exceeded expectations on many fronts including the super clean rooms; delicious breakfast accompained by home-baked muffins to the sandy beach right on the door step. So pleased we decided on this after much searching for a weekend getaway in Cape Cod. Couldn't have chosen any better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort over the Memorial Day weekend. Having visited the Cape for many years and having stayed at many places, I can honestly say this was by far the very BEST place I've every stayed while visiting Cape Cod! I didn't stay at the Beach Resort, but stayed at the Inn, another property located about 2 miles from the Beach Resort. My room at the Inn, the Mariner's Hideaway, was on the second floor and overlooked the pool in the back. The room decor was exquisite and complimented the charm of the Inn. The king size bed was very comfortable and inviting. I especially enjoyed the view of the pool in the evening. The pool had three streams of water that arched from poolside into the pool while the pool and the three streams of water changed colors in a synchronized fashion. I thought it was a delightful sight.

The accommodation included a simple continental breakfast each morning which included coffee, tea, fresh fruit salads, yogurt, english muffins and in my view, the best homemade banana bread and muffins! Each morning they served a different kind of muffin. I was very impressed with all of the breakfast fare! The homemade bread and muffins were absolutely delicious and were complimented by the perfect atmosphere of ocean views and serene music in the background. It was just wonderful!

The InnKeepers, especially Greg, David and Doug, were extremely nice and very helpful. They definitely go out of their way to accommodate their guests and have a great way of making you feel "at home" in "their home." I cannot remember ever staying at a place on the Cape where I was literally pampered and treated very well by the Innkeepers and staff.

Both the Beach Resort and the Inn were impeccably clean and well-maintained. It appeared that everything, both inside and outside of both properties, was pristine and what I would call "perfection personified." One thing I would like to note, is that I met a few families with small children and it was nice to see how the Innkeepers and Staff engaged the kids. Clearly, they try to accommodate and please everyone of all ages!

Overall, the atmosphere, the decor and the exceptional service provided by the Innkeepers and the staff make the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort the BEST place on the Cape!

I encourage folks to check out this rare gem - you will be both very pleased and very impressed!

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room at the Beach Resort. However, the Inn possesses a unique charm. Eit...