“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
San Francisco, California
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have eaten here three times now since it opened, the last two trips I ordered the chef's menu without a second thought. Never have I visited a restaurant three times, eaten different meals each time, and been blown away by the quality and taste each time. Plop Viera down in Manhattan and Chef Ben Porter instantly becomes a star. Oysters were served two ways with very creative and refreshingly light flavors added. Quail, Short rib, scallops, crab cakes - everything was a little unique, perfectly prepared and fantastically tasteful. Very tough to pick a favorite dish, but I'm including a picture here of the black garlic pasta with littlenecks, pork belly and sambuca butter. Divine. If you like food and are on the Cape this summer, you cannot miss Viera.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Eastham, Massachusetts
“Great new addition to Harwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went with friends to Viera after reading good reviews on trip advisor and talking to our friends who tried it. They loved it and we were not disappointed. The service was first rate and the food was very good with interesting choices on the menu. The people we went with are from Boston and real foodies and they liked it very much. We wish them luck and with the quality of the food and service I am sure they will do well. I just hope they decide to take reservations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Delicious seafood with friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My daughter and I were visiting Harwich on Cape Cod last week and this particular restaurant, Viera, was recommended to us. We were glad it was!
It is a relatively unpreposing restaurant on a busy road but the food and the service are outstanding. Obviously being Cape Cod, the menu is mainly seafood and it was hard to make a choice.
My daughter had salmon, which she said was the best she had ever had, and I opted for cod, which just melted in my mouth.

We shared an amazing desert.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and if we had been staying one more night we probably would have dined there again.

It is a very popular restaurant and you may find you have to wait for a table, but do persevere as it is definitely worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Friendlier than Friendly's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Amazing fine dining in a former Friendly's is a real surprise. Quality of the food is excellent, great service and nice decor. The outside of the building is simple and nondescript, the inside is beautiful. If you drove by you would never know it was a fine dining restaurant. Now for the food. I had sea scallops served with basil laced gnocchi. Being Italian, I know good gnocchi is hard to find but these were perfect! Scallops were seasoned and cooked to perfection. Flank steak was tender and delicious, same for the chicken. Prices are around $30 for the entree and salad and soup are ala carte. The clam chowder was good but "different". Not your typical New England chowder but brothy with whole clams. Salads were wonderful, white anchovies on Caesar! This area is definitely improving with the addition of this restaurant around the corner from the Platinum Pebble B&B.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Finally somewhere nice to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Harwich/Dennis has been crying out for fine dining, and finally the prayers have been answered. Viera is a wonderful new restaurant ran by a charming young couple. There are approximately 15 tables, and 3 servers. It is a very intimate atmosphere and the food is exquisite.

There is a small bar at the front of the restaurant if you are looking for drinks, the bartender is very friendly and knowledgeable. I like that you can see the chefs at work (one of whom is the owner) and the passion they have for the meals they produce.

The menu is classic with a few innovative twists, there is truly something for everyone. I have been 6 or 7 times now, with my wife, my father-in-law or just friends. The slow roasted, braised short ribs are to die for, and the flank steak is outstanding too. I was even impressed by their bread!

All in all, I couldn't recommend this place more highly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere