“Friendlier than Friendly's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Friendlier than Friendly's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Amazing fine dining in a former Friendly's is a real surprise. Quality of the food is excellent, great service and nice decor. The outside of the building is simple and nondescript, the inside is beautiful. If you drove by you would never know it was a fine dining restaurant. Now for the food. I had sea scallops served with basil laced gnocchi. Being Italian, I know good gnocchi is hard to find but these were perfect! Scallops were seasoned and cooked to perfection. Flank steak was tender and delicious, same for the chicken. Prices are around $30 for the entree and salad and soup are ala carte. The clam chowder was good but "different". Not your typical New England chowder but brothy with whole clams. Salads were wonderful, white anchovies on Caesar! This area is definitely improving with the addition of this restaurant around the corner from the Platinum Pebble B&B.

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Finally somewhere nice to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Harwich/Dennis has been crying out for fine dining, and finally the prayers have been answered. Viera is a wonderful new restaurant ran by a charming young couple. There are approximately 15 tables, and 3 servers. It is a very intimate atmosphere and the food is exquisite.

There is a small bar at the front of the restaurant if you are looking for drinks, the bartender is very friendly and knowledgeable. I like that you can see the chefs at work (one of whom is the owner) and the passion they have for the meals they produce.

The menu is classic with a few innovative twists, there is truly something for everyone. I have been 6 or 7 times now, with my wife, my father-in-law or just friends. The slow roasted, braised short ribs are to die for, and the flank steak is outstanding too. I was even impressed by their bread!

All in all, I couldn't recommend this place more highly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
south dennis
“A "friendly" gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

After hearing many positives about Viera, formerly Friendly's on Route 28 in Harwich, a friend and I decided to give Viera a try. I will certainly return!!!
We had appetizers of oysters on the half shell and lobster bisque. There were six oysters, two from three different areas. (The server or kitchen staff should have made known the locations of the different oysters, as they all have a different flavor.) Each pair of oysters had a frothy sauce of broth and varied herbs to compliment each oyster. The lobster bisque was a very good portion with chunks of delicious, tender lobster. The bisque was a good temperature, lightly creamed and without a floury taste. A little larger portion could be a meal in itself.
We each ordered the roasted lobster which was beautifully presented. The tail, left in the shell, was cut in half and easily removed from the shell. Meat from both claws had been removed. The lobster was served with a mixture of roasted potato and tomato.
Home made bread and whipped butter was great.
Desserts all sounded divine but neither of us could eat another morsel. The next time I will forego the extra helping of delicious house made bread and try a dessert.
Service was attentive without being oppressive.
Wine was a light pour.
Looking forward to a return visit.

West Harwich, Massachusetts
“Fabulous new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I initially had a problem thinking about going to a building that was a former Friendly's for a fine dining experience. Was I ever wrong! A friend who has always recommended great restaurants to me kept telling me to try Viera. I should have listened earlier.

On the July 4th weekend, we had not made dinner reservations because our house guests could not seem to decide when they would be arriving. Knowing that this new restaurant, Viera, didn't take reservations, we decided that this would be a good chance to try it out. I went on-line to see what was available on the menu. I was shocked to see that there was an article about this new restaurant and it featured the new owners -- and the new owner was my favorite waitress from the Ocean House, Angie.

The food is out of this world. I ordered the roasted lobster and it was as good as I have ever tasted -- and I am very fussy about my lobster. It was served with a fresh succotash -- which to my delight -- did not include lima beans. It was just wonderful. I finished up by ordering the chocolate pistachio ice cream which was made there. It was all fabulous.

Others ordered salmon (which is not a favorite of mine) which they thought was outstanding. We had six people in our party and most chose different selections. All of the people in our party thought that the food was outstanding. This place is a real "keeper."

I would also like to relate that the owners could not be more honest. Several years ago when we had been dining at the Ocean House, Angie was our waitress. At the end of the evening, I left without my pocketbook. Angie found it and had it locked up for me until I could come back to retrieve it. It was two years before I dared to admit to my husband that I had been carrying more cash in that pocketbook than anybody in their right mind should have been carrying. Absolutely every penny, plus my iPhone, and all of my credit cards were there.

My conclusion: the most honest couple in the world have launched a fabulous new restaurant that serves outstanding food. The food is all prepared at the restaurant and it is fresh and fabulous. The food is a good as I have had at five star restaurants. I believe that anybody who tries it will be thrilled and add it their list of "favorites."

Clifton Park, New York
“Great new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went here last night and the food was great.Had the mussels for an appetizer,and the flank steak.Both were excellent.the ambiance is like a New York bistro and the service was great.its located in the former friendly's location on route 28 in Dennisport. It's a little pricey but worth it.