“There's a reason (actually, many) it's ranked #1!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Amsterdam, New York
“There's a reason (actually, many) it's ranked #1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We've been coming to Buca's for years. On this most recent visit, we had the grilled romaine. I highly recommend this and we ALWAYS get it when we come here. Tasty grilled romaine with a lovely dressing and croutons. Yum. My husband had the cod with pistachio crumbs, grilled tomato & pappardelle pasta. Excellent. I had the sole and shrimp with asparagus and pappardelle which was very good. Portions are big. We had profiteroles for dessert. If you want a lovely, romantic dinner, Buca's delivers. You can't go wrong here.

Texas
“Great Italian on the Cape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner here on July 5. We had a reservation and only had to wait a few minutes for our table. The restaurant is very small but atmospheric. The walls are an old gold and are lined with shelves at molding-height holding wine bottles. There is a fireplace, but that night only candles were burning in it. Our server was very friendly.

The focaccia bread on the table was studded with olives and quite tasty. I ordered an appetizer special, lobster flatbread with cheese and roasted tomatoes, which was very good. My entree was the fresh pappardelle pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce, prosciutto and peas -- a must for gorgonzola fans like me. The pasta was the freshest and most tender I have ever eaten (including Italy). For dessert I had one of the last two slices of the special dessert, hazelnut layer-cake with a fig filling. It had a coarse crumb like it was made with semolina flour and was light and delicious. Even my boyfriend liked it (I am a hazelnut fiend).

It was a short drive back to our hotel in Chatham, and we were glad we had chosen Buca's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great find ! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We saw reviews on trip advisor and gave a call. So glad we did! They hustled to accommodate us even though we called same day and the wine/food was wonderful. Don't be fooled by exterior. The interior ambience so nice. The Viteccio Chianti was just excellent. Husband ordered a very hearty spicy dish with sausage and shrimp. I ordered a sole and shrimp piccata. His slightly better but both good. Our kale salad appetizer perfect!

Cape Cod, MA
“OVER THE TOP FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We met up with two dear friends for our anniversary dinner. I had not been to Buca's for years and my husband had never eaten here. We were more than fashionably late, which was taken in stride, although they were busy. That was appreciated as we felt bad enough for having gotten lost! [Be careful using GPS to find Buca's ... ended up on Depot Street West in East Harwich and the server told us "that happens all the time with GPS"]. The server could not have been friendlier or more welcoming.

We had lovely bread and oil for dipping and I ordered a half head of Romaine grilled with a lemon dressing and shaved Parmigiano. It was positively dreamy. For my entree, I had the Statler cut of Rosemary-infused chicken breast served with pancetta and mushrooms over grilled polenta. It was simply amazing. I have never been able to infuse my own chicken with such Rosemary flavor and, with every bite, the aroma of Rosemary was intoxicating! Others had Bolognese (both our friends had this, evidently it is legendary), Hanger Steak. Each entree was absolutely phenomenal. Dessert, although we were all stuffed, was a strawberry confection that everyone loved.

All the foregoing begged the question of WHY did I wait so long before returning? Well, I must say they have really fine tuned their cuisine. I am here to tell you, it is absolutely incredible.

The ambiance, service, FOOD, and lack of feeling rushed to turn the table made this an extraordinary dining experience. The owner made the rounds and could not have been more charming!

This was one of the BEST meals we have had on Cape Cod for a LONG time! We WILL be back! They knocked it out of the park, in every way! A HOME RUN! I may be shooting myself in the foot here since it is difficult enough to get a reservation as it is! But they deserve the kudos!

Cohasset
“We love Bucas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have come to the lower Cape and owned a summer home here at one time. Sadly, we only discovered Buca a few seasons ago. Rustic, charming, great service, and oh the food!

If you are looking for great food, authentic Italian and a warm and charming atmosphere, then you will love Bucas. The cape often consists of overpriced resort restaurants with an average entree above $25.00 or places serving pub style food. That's all fine and fun depending on your mood, but at the end of the day, the food and the service here are hard to compete with. After a few days and a few very expensive meals at our overpriced resort, we wanted to eat good food and not feel as though we were being robbed at gunpoint when the bill came. We ordered everything from pasta, to eggplant, to the wonderful bruschetta, and many other dishes over the course of a few evenings, and not one dish disappointed. My teen daughter can be somewhat picky and does not eat meat, but loved every bit of food served here. The value dollar relationship here is real and you will love it.