“Lousy and expensive” 1 of 5 stars

(508) 430-3000
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty Eight Atlantic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pleasant Bay Road
Lawrenceville, NJ
“Lousy and expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I took my family here for what I hoped to be a special dinner. I received bad directions, a bad table away from the windows, slow service, mediocre entrees, and a $260 bill for 3. I can only assume that the favorable reviews came from those who have never had a truly elegant meal. Pretentious presentation, in and of itself, does not make for a pleasant experience. From hunger.

Connecticut
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The dining room is gorgeous....soaring ceiling, huge picture windows (unfortunately for us, the fog had rolled in and we couldn't see a thing!) and very attentive service. We were a party of 6 on a busy Saturday night mid-summer. We were seated as far away from the windows as you could possibly get....was this because we booked with Open Table? Who knows...I guess someone needs to sit there. The atmosphere was very lively. We were greeted professionally and handled with attentive service the entire meal. The food was very nice, but not spectacular (we had salmon, halibut and scallops). I'd go again, but I'm not rushing back......

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod
“just great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Twenty Eight Atlantic and couldn't have made a better choice. We were greeted warmly and given the best table in the house, with that spectacular view. Our server, Vladimir, was gracious and knew the menu inside out. He tactfully steered me away from my original wine choice, recommending a comparably priced bottle that paired beautifully with our entrees. As the food goes, I had the best duck breast ever and my wife loved the scallops. Yes, it's an expensive evening, but for a special night out, it was worth every penny. Some reviewers have complained about snobbishness here -- we experienced no such thing. In particular, the hostess, Kolleen, was wonderful and made sure we enjoyed our night.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
nova scotia
“Nice but not hall of fame material”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This restaurant has a nice setting, well appointed dining room and a great view. The service was very good and the food was not OMG good, just good - about what I was expecting. We enjoyed a nice evening and would go back. Why you might ask when the food was just good? Well there are few other higher end choices in the relaxed Cape Cod area and it was a nice change.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Didnot feel welcome, snob and too stiff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

There is no fun there, dress up and get stiff for one night, disappointing atmosphere. The food is good but not worth the price. We did not enjoyed ourselves.

Visited August 2012