“Don't book a first floor unit” 4 of 5 stars

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   2173 Rte 28, Harwich, MA 02633   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Boston
“Don't book a first floor unit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Lovely room, bathroom a little dated but clean but wow--- anytime the person directly on top walked around, the ceiling came to life! Creeks and footsteps. Sounded like there was one person in the room but I would be willing to bet if there were two, there may be some other noises easily heard as well.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Fred;

Thank you for your objective commentary regarding your recent stay at the resort. Your compliments regarding the décor and cleanliness of your accommodations are certainly appreciated. Our housekeeping department will be happy to hear your feedback.

I was disappointed to learn that you were disturbed by noise from an adjacent room; please accept my sincere apologies. I have informed our engineering and front office departments of your unfortunate experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; it will aid us to continually improve. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Director of Quality Assurance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My mother and I stayed this past weekend for yet another fabulous weekend one night stay at Wequassett. Everything was up to standards and even more!, a nice welcome note from the Hotels team to me for our continues stays! that was so nice!, and you know we will be back! Wequassett is the best place that my mother and i love to come for me to relax and escape!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Hoyle;

Thank you for sharing your experience once again; we certainly appreciate you being such a wonderful advocate of the resort.

I am delighted that Wequassett has become a very special location for you and your mom, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The setting on the bay is lovely and our corner upstairs room (244) was spacious, bright, charming and upscale with gorgeous views and two balconies, both with seating. The room looked brand new and had cute beach cottage style. The kids play area was fabulous with a pirate ship and slides- perfect for 4-6 year olds! We braved the lap pool and hot tub. Not huge but fine in a really nice setting. Very smiley service- especially super housekeeping staff! Would love to return.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear sfbarb;

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our luxurious Signature Collection accommodations.

I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy our Children’s Center play area and hope you will be able to return to enjoy our award-winning children’s program during the summer months.

Thank you again for sharing your comments; we look forward to welcoming all of you back to the resort for a future visit.

Manhattan, NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I just got back from a weekend at the Wequassett (April 26-28), and, frankly, I was disappointed. Firstly, even though I had booked a "Premiere Villa", upon arrival, there was a very icy older woman working in registration, and she tried to stick me in a dark, depressing room by the Children's Center! (and I had no kids with me!) Thankfully, a younger, super-helpful, woman took over, and found a lovely, 2nd floor room for me in the "Sweet Pea" building, with a partial view of Pleasant Bay. Another MAJOR negative, the Outer Bar & Grille, which serves the gorgeous pool area facing Pleasant Bay was CLOSED all weekend, so you had to trudge up to Thoreau's, to grab what is a very pricy lunch. And, the pool facing Pleasant Bay is NOT HEATED, so, unless you brought a wetsuit, and despite the sun blazing, you could not take a dip in that pool. The mini-bar also contains NO ROOM to put in anything that you bring, or purchase off-site (i.e. water), so that was also a negative. But, the service staff were so kind & expeditious in honoring requests. They should be allowed to teach that icy woman at the front desk how to be a hospitality professional! I SO wanted to give the Wequassett a higher rating, but I just can't. For what ended up being about $300/night, it was a let-down.

Room Tip: When you book, try and find out what building the room will be in, and reserve a 2nd floor room. Roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear GEMGirl1966,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the arrival experience and have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and staff. While we were pleased to hear that the manager stepped in to ultimately assist your arrival, we regret you didn’t have the flawless experience you would have expected from the very beginning.

We are fortunate to enjoy two lovely heated pools and two Jacuzzis here at the resort. It is indeed unfortunate that you didn’t get to experience our lap pool and Jacuzzi which is heated from the onset of our season beginning in early April; our main pool overlooking beautiful Pleasant Bay is heated as of early May which also coincides with the opening of our seasonal waterfront outlet, the Outer Bar and Grille. Once again, the heated lap pool would have been a good alternative for you to enjoy had that been conveyed more effectively.

We would also be happy to accommodate your guest room in the future with an additional mini-refrigerator, or empty the contents of the existing one; whichever is most convenient for your needs. As you may already be aware, our private bar program within the guest rooms is nationally recognized as being an industry leader with “at-cost” products. Needless to say, aside from this, we want to ensure you have ample space to place any personally supplied items throughout your visit.

Should you like to discuss any of this further, I would be more than happy to speak with you if you wouldn’t mind emailing jcwillis@wequassett.com at your convenience.

Tolland, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from a glorious weekend at the Wequassett. We were there to celebrate my husband's 50th and sister's 40th. Right from check-in, we knew we were in for a treat. They upgraded us to a beautiful room with a deck overlooking the water and outdoor fireplace. We had an amazing dihttp://c1.tacdn.com/img2/x.gifnner at 28 Atlantic and breakfast there the next morning. I grew up on the Cape, anedhad never been to the Wequassett! Let's just say, we will be back again soon!!! Thanks to a tremendous staff for making our stay very enjoyable!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelli,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort for your family’s birthday celebrations. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your stay extra special.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.

West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

For the past 6-7 years our family has come up every summer! We've enjoyed it so much that we come back every year! I've made some lifelong friends with some of the House keeping staff & we still stay in touch year round! Every time we come we have a wonderful time & everyone has been so kind & accomodating! Thank you for putting some very special people in my life that I will treasure forever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Martha,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Wequassett. We are delighted that you and your family have enjoyed the resort over the last several years.

We were also pleased to hear that our staff has left such a favorable impression on you, as we believe that our team is what truly makes Wequassett so special.

I will be sure to share your sentiments with our Housekeeping staff and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort this summer.

Josette Cristalli Willis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Wequasset over the 4th of July in 2012 and the family had a great time. We came with our two daughters, ages 3 & 5. They loved the pool and the ice cream truck that delivers free ice cream every afternoon! We also rented a boat from the dock for ourselves and family staying in the area and everyone enjoyed that. While we were out there, my father in law got his shirts and t-shirt soaked. When we got back to the resort my husband tried to go buy his dad a t-shirt but they didn't have any in his size. It wasnt a big deal. But when we got back to the room that night, on our bed there was a Chatham t-shirt for my father in law as well as t-shirts for my daughters and little stuffed animals and a lovely hand written note from the manager of the store. It was really above and beyond customer service and it just left the best impression on us. Wequasset may be pricey but their service is tops!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the resort’s special amenities.

We were also pleased that our retail manager took such great care of you and your family, as these extra special touches are truly what Wequassett is known for.

I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming all of you back to the resort for a future visit.

Josette Cristalli Willis
Director of Quality Assurance

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!