The Berkshires are beautiful, quaint and historical. There is so much to see and do! It's a perfect place for a relaxing long weekend. We exchanged into this timeshare via RCI. This resort is just enough to be out of the way but close enough for convenience. The rooms are tastefully decorated in a Fall color palette. A little too dark for my taste, but it was fine. It's not like it hurt my eyes, just think more along the lines of Rust, Burnt Orange and Dark Mustard colors. The room details are fantastic! Full blown kitchen with a stove/oven, refrigerator and dishwasher. The living room area was spacious, definitely enough for two and comfortable. The fireplace did not work, but a maintenance call did the trick. They supposedly had a lightening storm a few days earlier and it tripped the electricity to several fireplaces. Speaking of maintenance calls, be aware that the units do not provide cookie sheets, at least ours didn't. But, if you call and request one, they'll bring it to you. The gal that brought it to us was on her way out for her lunch break. I thought that was great customer service, she didn't have to do that! Lots of cookie, er ah, brownie points in my opinion! The room and bathroom were wonderful too. The room was spacious as was the bathroom. The bathroom in itself met our expectations. The large two person Jacuzzi tub was worth its weight and was used daily. Nice to soak in a warm bath after meandering around all day.
Just a few side notes:
1. After you book, call the front desk and request the particular area that you want. We didn't know this until we got there and we still got one of the newer buildings. Our unit was located in building #25 on Birch Terrace. Always ask for an upstairs room unless you enjoying hearing your neighbors run around. While the units are extremely soundproof, I personally wouldn't take the chance. The upstairs units also have great balconies that over look everything. Next time we go, I'll probably ask for a unit in either building #20 or #21. Both were located amidst swaying birch trees. It was just beautiful and serene when the trees swayed. Not sure if these are newer units though, I don't think they are.
2. The pool and clubhouse are right next to each other. There was only one functioning grill when we were there. Didn't bother us much since we weren't grilling, but if we wanted too we would have had to wait our turn. Every time we drove by it seemed like there were 10+ people waiting for the poolside grill. The outdoor pool is cold... 'nuff said! There is an indoor pool but the chlorine was so strong I could never imagine staying in there for any length of time. Spa looked inviting, but we never got a chance to use it... too busy using the Jacuzzi in the room.
3. Even though we were there in the early Summer time, I think this resort is really for those that like to ski. The resort is just down the way from Jiminy Peak if skiing is your thing. We don't ski but I think we'll make it back during the Winter for another experience. Our balcony faced the ski resort, and it would be beautiful looking outside and seeing it during the Winter season. Fall too!
Enjoy the resort, we did!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village in the Berkshires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village In The Berkshires Hotel Hancock
- Vacation Village Berkshires
- Vacation Village At Berkshires
- Village Berkshires
- Vacation Village In The Berkshires MA - Hancock