We recently stayed at the Country Inn over the July 4th holiday to attend a concert at Tanglewood. The resort is beautiful! We had no complaints about the room or decor. It didn't appear dated or worn out to me at all. The king bed was very comfortable and my son said the queen sofa bed was comfortable as well. I liked the convenience of having the vanity/makeup table outside of the bathroom. Our room's AC didn't seem to be working properly though. The lowest setting is 68 degrees and the second night, it never seemed to kick on. But we opened the windows and got a lovely breeze, so it was fine. It would be helpful to have a closet in the bedroom - there is only the bureau - so we hung our stuff in the closet in the living room. Not a major issue, but if we'd stayed a week, there might not have been room to hang everything. We didn't use the kitchen, other than the refrigerator. We brought breakfast and snack foods and purchased some things at the Country Store. We ate lunch at Christiansen's and the food was delicious with large helpings. I found the hotel staff very helpful and accommodating. Our cell phones didn't get service up on the mountain (we don't have major carriers like AT&T) so we had to make one local call on the room phone, but the front desk took the charge off without me even asking, which was very nice.
The resort property is beautiful and very peaceful. I'm not a skier but would enjoy staying there in the winter just to enjoy the scenery and resort. The lobby had great comfy chairs and a huge fireplace. I could imagine sitting there in the winter reading a book by the fire. The pool is pretty small. I'm not sure if there are other pools available, but there should be. This one was crowded with what appeared to be a huge family party the first day. We did the Alpine Adventure, which is much harder than it looks (I gave up!). My only suggestion would be that they provide better training before letting you out. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it was more like 10 and they really didn't show us much and didn't even seem to monitor who was going on which level courses. But they are well trained and able to provide assistance on the course, which is comforting as both my boys needed help! We didn't try the Mountain Adventure, although it looked like fun. We did go up on the chair lift which provided a beautiful view of the mountain!
The resort is close to other attractions and in a beautiful part of the state - we went to the Norman Rockwell Museum, ate at a restaurant on the Pontoosic Lake, saw a concert and fireworks at Tanglewood and went to Mt. Greylock. I would recommend staying here and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort is an all-suite hotel located centrally in Berkshire County. Winter guests enjoy slopeside access, roaring fireplaces in the lobby and an outdoor heated pool, open year round. Summer guests can take advantage of its immediate proximity to Mountain Adventure, Jiminy Peak’s collection of mountain-themed rides and attractions. Guests staying at the Country Inn have easy access to John Harvard’s Restaurant and Brewery located on the 3rd floor, as well as the Country Store, just a minute’s walk from the hotel. Also nearby is Just Jiminy, a logo shop for all your souvenir needs and in the winter Mountain Sports by Potter Brothers can equip you head to toe in new gear. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn at Jiminy Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn At Jiminy Peak Hotel Hancock
- Country Hotel Hancock
- Country Resort Hancock
- Country Inn Jiminy Peak
- Country Inn Hancock
- Hancock Country Inn
- Jiminy Peak Hotel
- Country Inn At Jiminy Peak Berkshires, MA - Hancock