“Great resort in a beautiful part of the state!” 5 of 5 stars

Country Inn at Jiminy Peak
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   37 Corey Rd., Hancock, MA 01237   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hancock
Salem, MA
“Great resort in a beautiful part of the state!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We recently stayed at the Country Inn over the July 4th holiday to attend a concert at Tanglewood. The resort is beautiful! We had no complaints about the room or decor. It didn't appear dated or worn out to me at all. The king bed was very comfortable and my son said the queen sofa bed was comfortable as well. I liked the convenience of having the vanity/makeup table outside of the bathroom. Our room's AC didn't seem to be working properly though. The lowest setting is 68 degrees and the second night, it never seemed to kick on. But we opened the windows and got a lovely breeze, so it was fine. It would be helpful to have a closet in the bedroom - there is only the bureau - so we hung our stuff in the closet in the living room. Not a major issue, but if we'd stayed a week, there might not have been room to hang everything. We didn't use the kitchen, other than the refrigerator. We brought breakfast and snack foods and purchased some things at the Country Store. We ate lunch at Christiansen's and the food was delicious with large helpings. I found the hotel staff very helpful and accommodating. Our cell phones didn't get service up on the mountain (we don't have major carriers like AT&T) so we had to make one local call on the room phone, but the front desk took the charge off without me even asking, which was very nice.

The resort property is beautiful and very peaceful. I'm not a skier but would enjoy staying there in the winter just to enjoy the scenery and resort. The lobby had great comfy chairs and a huge fireplace. I could imagine sitting there in the winter reading a book by the fire. The pool is pretty small. I'm not sure if there are other pools available, but there should be. This one was crowded with what appeared to be a huge family party the first day. We did the Alpine Adventure, which is much harder than it looks (I gave up!). My only suggestion would be that they provide better training before letting you out. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it was more like 10 and they really didn't show us much and didn't even seem to monitor who was going on which level courses. But they are well trained and able to provide assistance on the course, which is comforting as both my boys needed help! We didn't try the Mountain Adventure, although it looked like fun. We did go up on the chair lift which provided a beautiful view of the mountain!

The resort is close to other attractions and in a beautiful part of the state - we went to the Norman Rockwell Museum, ate at a restaurant on the Pontoosic Lake, saw a concert and fireworks at Tanglewood and went to Mt. Greylock. I would recommend staying here and I would definitely stay here again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We just came back from Jiminy and had a wonderful time. The service was great! All staff were helpful and friendly and smiling. In the Adventure park and Mountain park we were impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of the energetic staff. Both of these parks were a surprise to us, as we stayed there as a family option to attend Tanglewood. They were spectacular. The Adventure park will give the whole family a climb and treetop challenge of a lifetime. The mountain park though not huge provided entertainment for 6 hours, with the added enjoyment that we need not walk too far between attractions and could return to the room if need be. Look for online e-specials before you go.They told us July is less crowded than August as well.

The inn was clean with a comfortable king in the bedroom and a comfortable queen pull out sofa. The kitchenette had everything you need for meal prep. As we were just there for the weekend, we ate in the restaurants mostly.. Tavern great for a daytime bite and Powder Hounds at entrance though not affiliated was great. Skip John Harvards for breakfast and dinner - OK but not what we get at John Harvards in Cambridge. There was a slight odor we believe of cleaning type solution that we aired out with opening the windows. Being close to the parks is a real plus. The pool looked nice and clean - not huge but OK. However, we never had time in a two day stay to go!

Kids (8 and 13) are already planning to return next summer and enlist other families to come with us!

Room Tip: Ask for room on second floor. First floor room is very easy to see into if it is on the back side wi...
Massachusettes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Booked on line for overnight to attend Tanglewood concert on 7/3. it is about 20 miles from Tanglewood, but well worth the drive. 1 bdrm suite in main building was amply comfortable, immaculately clean with well equipped kitchen area - queen size pull out sofa in liv rm area was great for kids. 2 other families also stayed. we all stayed the next day just for a couple of hours for the "kids" (adults included) to enjoy the mountain adventure rides/activities. Plan to return next year (when JT plays Tanglewood) and stay two nights to spend more time at this resort enjoying all the amenities.

Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I recently stayed here while attending the Solid Sound Festival at Mass Moca. We got a good sized room for a fair price. It's not a real exciting place--we had hoped to have an after dinner drink around 11:00, but everything was closed. There are a lot of activities for kids--rope courses, alpine slide, bungie jumping. We hiked at Mt. Greylock, which is just around the corner. Last year we stayed at the Wyndam across the street. The Wyndam room was half the size and the same price. The breakfast buffet at the Country Inn was expensive and definitely not worth it. The "John Harvard's" restaurant was very good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Flushing, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I recently attended a scrable tournament which was held over one June weekend at Jiminy Peak. The room rate was reasonable, as instead of a room, one got a little one bedroom efficiency apartment that was well appointed. While the furniture and rugs may not have been to my taste (sort of quasi-Early American) and were well worn, they were reasonably clean. The living room had a queen sized sofa bed, though not so comfortable. The bedroom had a king sized bed, which was extremely comfortable. The bathroom had two sinks and two entrances, one from the living area and one from the bedroom, each with doors that locked for privacy. The living room and bedroom each had its own large, flat screen TV. The kitchen was well appointed,with a refrigerator (small), a toaster, a microwave, a two burner range, a dishwasher, utensils, pots, pans, glassware, soap, papertpwels, etc. There was airconditioning and large windows that actually opened. Both the bedroom and the bedroom had a lot of natural light with nice views. The quality of the food in the main restaurant in the Country Inn was surprisingly good (my compliments to the chef) for both lunch and dinner, though service was a little slow. I only ate there twice, as I often just made meals in my own kitchen, which was quite economical. There is no room service. The front desk staff was friendly, overall. There were lots of comfy couches, cozy chairs, and fireplaces placed throughout the public areas Country Inn, which was the section in Jiminy Peak in which my apartment was located. If another scrabble tournament were to be held there, I would return and encourage my friends to go, as well. .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My son and I usually go away someplace fun for Father's Day. We've been to Jiminy Peak before, but never stayed on the mountain. I was very impressed with the accommodations. The room was very large (separate bedroom), the bed was comfortable (including the sofa bed!). Everything was clean. The kitchenette was very serviceable and the dishes/pots and pans in much better shape than I have come to expect from this sort of place. We cooked breakfast both mornings and had leftovers for one of the lunches in our room.
I was in building 6 (the place is a bit of a maze of connected buildings) and my room and several others I saw didn't need renovation at all (as others have said). It is certainly possible that it depends on what section of the hotel you are in. The hallways are a little "tired", but much better than I expected for a place that gets walked on in ski boots a lot.
The pool is small, but nicely heated. Sometimes it was crawling with kids, sometimes empty. The hot tub worked (both indoor and outdoor) and was a good temperature.
The adventure park is the attraction, and my son and I had a blast there (the mountain coaster rocks!!). Being right there was great, when lines were long we would just go swimming, etc. and could be the first people on in the morning, and last people off at night.
The service good too. We arrived at 3pm, an hour before official check-in time and found that they were having computer trouble and couldn't check us in early. But, they were happy to point us to the locker room and give us towels, so we passed the time in the pool, which is what we wanted to do anyway.
This is a ski area lodge in the summertime, but given that, it really exceeded my expectations. I plan to go back again next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at Jiminy Peak on a quick weekend trip. The hotel is fine and much better than many other properties in the area, although it needs significant updating. The rooms are spacious and have a nice mini kitchen. The bathrooms are fine and are well designed so multiple people can have privacy at once. However, the rooms needs a complete renovation: carpet, furniture, beds. The John Harvard Restaurant is convenient, but unspectular. It is located next to the Jiminy Peak Ski resort, but is far from the summer attractions in Williamstown/North Adams and Lenox/Stockbridge. Overall, it is fine, especially if you plan to spend your time outside.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn at Jiminy Peak? Share your experiences!