“Easy stay in clean hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   237 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
London
“Easy stay in clean hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed for one night as a stop-over on a long journey, and found the place perfectly acceptable. Large rooms which were clean and plenty of parking. Breakfast room was a little miserable but cannot fault the hotel for the money and local shops and restaurants are very close.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Whiting, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This place is always just right. I stay here every time I can when visiting my daughter who attends Smith College. It's neat, comfortable, quiet, dependable, and not rediculously expensive. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Every one I have ever had has been consistently clean and comfortable, not large but adequate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Brenda,

We would like to thank you for your kind words. We look forward to satisfying each and every one of our guests, and to hear it from the guests themselves about their positive experiences is very rewarding.

We look forward to your future stays with us. Good luck to your daughter during the finals at Smith College!

Kind Regards,
North Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were here recently visiting at Hampshire College. I had researched other hotels, but wanted one reasonably priced for this area, that offered breakfast. The Comfort Inn fit the bill. Although situated on fairly busy Route 9, the hotel was clean, quiet at night, and the included breakfast is more than adequate to start the day. Staff was pleasant and parking is ample. There is a barbeque restaurant right next door and a few other choices on Route 9. The hotel is less than a 10 minute drive from both Hampshire College and Amherst. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had to stay here after the motel I typically stay at in Amherst was completely booked due to Parents' Weekend at a local university. While I am generally a fan of Comfort Inns and find this chain to be reliable but still affordable, I would not choose to come back to this location. Unfortunately, reasonable accommodations in the area are scarce, so one has a pretty limited set of choices for lodgings.

The rooms are clean and furnishings and linens are in excellent condition. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast offerings were not gourmet, but I was happy with my eggs, sausage and coffee to sustain me through a morning meeting. I did not try the pool, but it certainly looked enticing!

Unfortunately, the building's structure seems rather flimsy. My room was on the ground floor and I could hear every footstep above me. My upstairs neighbor may have been one of those "heavy walkers" as each footstep seemed to shake the walls. I live in an apartment building, so I know that good construction and insulation can neutralize vibrations between floors.

Also, this motel accepts pets, which I guess is good if you are traveling with pet, but not so enjoyable for fellow motel occupants who have to listen to a barking dog at 10 pm. I felt like I was in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies. The noise factor really detracted from my stay, and for $125/night with my discount, just isn't worth it.

One positive aspect is that it is just down the street from an excellent Vietnamese restaurant. There are a few decent restaurants in the area, but Russell Street is not pedestrian friendly and I felt like I was taking my life into my hands to simply cross the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oleg T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Traveller2010NYC,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn for your October visit to the Hadley/Amherst area. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. First off I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our staff, room cleanliness, breakfast, and swimming pool. We work very hard to make our guests experiences as enjoyable as possible and to make sure their stay is memorable for the positive reasons only. That is why it is very dissapointing to hear that even though your were satisfied with most of our hotel's services, one thing that still stands out from your stay is the noise you had to deal with. I am truly sorry to hear that. As you have mentioned, we are indeed a pet friendly hotel, however as you have probably noticed there are two buildings in our hotel. One of those buildings is pet friendly only, the other one is not. Per request we do always try to satisfy every single demands to the best of our ability and if you decide to give us another chance in the future we would be happy to make sure your room is located on the second floor in the non-pet friendly building.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Very satisfied. We are traveling with two young kids. We needed 3 nights near Amherst. Also, didn't want to pay a fortune (and kids wanted a pool).

I was reading reviews, and became a bit concerned. But, had no reason. We checked in and Irene was so pleasant. She was patient and made certain we were happy with our room. If I understood correctly, one building (where we stayed) was completely non-smoking. The pool was in the other building, but the walkway was covered and we had no problem with this.

Room seemed very clean (and I have high standards). In-room refrigerator and microwave were also nice. Our room was also very spacious (not sure if they all are).

All staff was pleasant. Good service, clean amenities and didn't break the bank.

• Stayed October 2013
Oleg T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear redandblonde,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn for your October visit to the Hadley-Amherst area. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear you gave us a chance and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay, and that our front desk staff, specifically Irene was so welcoming to you! She certainly is an asset to our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to assist you with a future reservation, should you find yourself in the area again.
Kingston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I just got off the phone with the general manager. It is Monday, September 30 at 3:23. I called to verify the cost of the hotel room is correct, I swear I have been over charged. I was having a conversation with the general manager, telling him I have been happy there the past 2 years that I have stayed there, but this past visit was terrible. Two friends that I recommended to this hotel will not be returning, I began to tell him that my tub was backing up while I was in the shower, and as I tried to call the front desk, I realized the phone did not work. Not only was this "general manager" rude enough to not let me finish a sentence, as I told him they needed to make some upgraded for customers to return, he said "I don't need to do anything" Lovely. No wonder the hotel is lacking

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oleg T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Julie B.,

Thank you for taking your time to critique our hotel. I respectfully disagree with the details of our conversation.
Certainly we wish all of our guests feel welcomed during their stay and from talking to you, you have mentioned that on many prior occasions you have stayed with us without any issues. Also the fact of you coming back repeatedly to our hotel speaks of our service to our guests. I am certainly sorry that it did not go as well this time around, and we will work diligently towards making sure that such experience does not happen again for any of our guests.
Houston,Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This Comfort Inn was a little dated but clean and had really comfortable beds. Service was just OK at the desk. Breakfast area was good. I would go back to stay here. Right down the road from a great place to eat.... Zoe's Fish House.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Oleg T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for your stay in the area! I am glad to hear your kind words regarding cleanliness and the Comfort of our beds. Our entire team works hard to make sure our guests have as good a stay as possible.
I’ll be happy to let you know that we are currently in the process of placing brand new bedding in all of our rooms. That will be an addition to already some new updates we have done to the hotel in the past 12 months. Such as new suites, new business center, new exercise area, and new flat screen TVs. We also do not plan on stopping there. We will definitely make more upgrades to our property in the next 12 months as well. Should you be in our area again, we look forward to accommodating you and hopefully show off some of our new changes.

P.S. You are right, Zoe’s is a great local restaurant.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!