“One year later and back again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   237 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Hadley
Lake Placid
“One year later and back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed here the past 3 years when in the area, and have never been disappointed.

Last weekend we had a nice King room with a little fridge, easy to access wi-fi, and ample-sized HD flatscreen.

Breakfast was to start at 7 am, but since we had an early risers golf tournament, i came into the breakfast room at 6:15 and breakfast was ready to be served.

Lots of dining and shopping just a couple of minutes away, and it's pretty close to I-91 for easy access to and from.

The check-in process was lightning fast. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear of the hotel.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raynham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The rooms have a safe, microwave, refrigerator and TV. Bedding was comfortable and the towels were still "fluffy". The hotel does have an indoor swimming pool and fitness center. A "buffet" breakfast is included--coffee, juice, pastries, bagels and bread you can toast, make your own Belgian waffles, hard boiled eggs and sausage patties, and cold cereal. Staff at the front desk were pleasant and check-in was quick and efficient.
Hotel is about a 10 minute drive (if there is traffic) from UMass and I consider it an excellent value for the location. I would rate this hotel as a three star property.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here to save maybe $40 a night off of the competition and for that it was a good value. I found the hotel to be in pretty good condition and the room and public spaces to be clean. So for me it is the definition of a good 2 star property-- you aren't going to feel like you are at home, you are going to find some of the decor to be bland or blah. But if you need a place to stay and you aren't going to spend much time in the hotel, its an excellent value.
My son (age 17) did say that "the breakfast area sucked out my soul". By that he meant the styrofoam plates and plastic forks and knives and whole decor of the breakfast nook are functional but not inspiring.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I needed to drive my daughter back to u-mass on Easter Sunday night and had to be on cape cod the next day. So I needed a place to stay. I used this web site reviews to pick this hotel, I arrived around 11pm and was checked in very quickly. The desk man gave me a quick summery of the hotel and I was in my room in no time. My room was very clean. In the morning I enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. I will be back again. Nice place

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights with my family. The room was very spacious and always kept clean. We had a separate bedroom and a nice sized living with a full size pull out couch. Nice and quiet at night, I like that so I can sleep.
The morning breakfast was more than expected, all the food was fresh and very good. Much too choose from as well. Good coffee!
Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping the room clean. I mean very clean, I was impressed.
The staff were all very polite and helpful. Even printing my airline boarding passes when I couldn't access them from the Guest computer. Excellent customer service. I would stay here again and I would highly recommend it to others as well.

Room Tip: I don't think you can get a bad room. However, our room was toward the back of the hotel and I w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind words. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your weeklong stay in one of our new suites. Our staff works incredibly hard to ensure the cleanliness and helpful service that you describe and I will be sure to praise each and every one of them for their hard work. We are proud to know that you would recommend our hotel to future travelers and we look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time you are in the area.
Genuinely,
Oleg Topic
NY state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Met all expectations - room was surprisingly spacious, beds were comfortable, room was clean, water pressure was good. Fridge and microwave in room were a welcome perk. Breakfast was decent, especially for being free. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to hear we met all of your expectations in so many different areas. We feel that guests should not have to forfeit quality, comfort, or cleanliness in exchange for an affordable rate. I am glad to know you would recommend us to others and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Hadley/Amherst area.
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spending the night here now with my wife and two dogs. The rooms are adequate and then some. I was not expecting a refrigerator and a microwave. There are a ton of free HD channels and I got to watch the Bruins game. Did I mention free Wifi? Very happy except for the noisy upstairs neighbors.

Room Tip: I guess I would choose a 2nd floor room because the ceilings seem very thin and the upstairs guests...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
So glad to hear you were pleased with your recent visit (We hope the Bruins game turned out good as well!) We are happy to offer free Wifi, HBO, and free HD channels to our guests on in-room flat screen TVs at no extra charge. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy these during your stay. I will be sure to look into our options regarding noise cancelation from the floor above. In the meantime, our front desk staff is always on hand should you encounter any unnecessary noise from guest rooms. We hope to see you, your wife, and your two dogs again the next time you are in the area.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!