“A fine hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Bath, United States
“A fine hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

A very pleasant stay. Friendly staff and extremely pleasing rooms. A great complimentary breakfast. My wife and I would recommend this hotel without any reservations. The location is both convenient from I-91 and also quite pleasant and quiet. The room was a bit more expensive than we usually choose but it was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

beriley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Willam B,

The entire staff at the Hampton Inn Hadley is so thankful you stopped in at Trip Advisor to review our hotel. I am particularly happy to recieve your kind words and recognition.
It is a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Best regards,

(413) 586-4851 phone
(413) 586-8619 fax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hadley, MA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have never been disappointed with Hampton Inns. The rooms are reasonabley priced and setup much the same from one facility to the next---comfortable and clean. Staff is accommodating, simple but satisfying breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past two years, and plan to continue to come until my daughter graduates.....eventually??! This is a very comfortable environment with a friendly staff who try hard to make sure you have everything you need. They are used to having college-related visitors (teams, prospective students, visiting parents, etc.) and try hard to provide local info on restaurants, activities, etc. The rooms are well-maintained and comfortable. The gym leaves a lot to be desired: two machines, poorly ventilated, but certainly one could go running on one of the nearby campuses. Breakfast buffet varies daily, and they very nicely put ice water, tea, coffee and cookies out during the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
beriley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mommythek,

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. The staff greatly appreciates your recognition for their efforts. (I have shared your comments) THANKS FROM ALL OF US.

"The gym leaves a lot to be desired: two machines, poorly ventilated ...." Have you seen our new Exercise Room? It sounds like you are referring to our "old" gym. We renovated; enlarged it, have 2 treadmills, eliptical machine, bike, a very large assortment of free weights and more!

Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you soon!

webster, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

$168.00 for a weekend night in the hotel where only 40 cars were in the parking lot (yes, I counted them) is a bit exorbitant. It is even more outrageous when an employee of the hotel allowed her son/relative/friend? to fill their backpack with breakfast bars and yogurt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

beriley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Lawrence Schulze:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on your recent stay here in Hadley, MA. Your feedback is important and will be used to help us make improvements in our facility and customer service. It is ultimately through our guests’ eyes that we are able to maintain the excellent service and products for which we are well known.

Hotel rates fluctuate throughout the year and are based on demand, length of stay and area events. If you would like more information regarding rates please contact me at the number below. I will be happy to discuss this with you further.

According to our company polices employees’ family and friends are not permitted on property to visit or partake in amenities. I have taken the initiative to research your comment on an incident you observed in the breakfast area. After viewing our security tapes during the time of your stay I did not find any evidence of this occurring.

Please feel free to email or call me at the phone number below if you have any further questions or concerns. I will return your call as soon as possible.

Assistant General Manager
Pioneer Valley Hotel Group
betsy.riley@hilton.com
413-586-4851
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were going to a wedding and booked 3 nights, just for a long get away. I had brain surgery and they put me in the perfect room away from all the usual noises in a hotel. I would stay there in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were in town for business. We are Hilton loyal members. Check In was a bit challenging as they did not welcome us back, which is customary for loyal members, and I was not given the room type in my profile. I asked to be moved, so we get new keys, return upstairs; only to be moved to the immediate room, one door over!! We returned to the clerk who said we can move the next day. Basically we were pawned off to the next shift. Well, we check with the day shift who said there were no rooms to move to because the hotel was booked and a lot of people where going to check in. Well this didn’t make sense to me, since they could have put someone else in our room, to meet our expectations. Obviously, staff is not concerned with the 100% guarantee policy.

Don’t be fooled by the pictures on the website – the rooms do not have a microwave or a fridge (which is standard for most Hampton Inn’s these days) instead, you have to use the microwave in the lobby. Only the suites have these amenities.

This Hampton Inn does not have a store (that are typical Hampton) where you can buy food or snacks, it has vending machines.

The rooms were very clean but the furniture and decore’ is a bit dated. The workout room was adequate; the business center had 1 computer, wireless worked well and ample parking.
I was a bit disappointed not to have received the same level of service as with other Hilton properties. The front desk staff seemed to do very little to meet their guests expectations, let alone exceed it. The breakfast staff and housekeeping were the friendliest group.

Room Tip: Call hotel before you arrive to request a specific preference
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear TheExpert,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review of your stay at our Hampton Inn in Hadley, MA. I wish to extend my sincere apologies to you for your “challenging” check in experience. This is unlike my staff and I am very surprised. I will certainly be addressing your comments and reviewing our guest service trainings with the staff. Reviews like yours help renew our focus on a most important part of our service, guest relations.

You are correct, the only rooms with microwaves and refridgerators are the Studios and Whirlpool rooms. We do not promote them as an amenity in our standard rooms. I sure wish we had them now but they are in our plans for renovations next year. As you pointed out, it has become common place in most hotels.

Please feel free to email or call me at the phone number below if you have any further questions or concerns. I hope the next time you are in the area; you will give us the opportunity to show you our A-Game!

(413) 586-4851 phone
(413) 586-8619 fax
Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a pleasant stay. The first night we were in a room on the second floor and we heard someone walking and taking a shower late at night and early in the morning. We asked to change rooms and we the staff made it very easy. The rest of our stay we were sleeping well. The hotel is very clean and the workers take pride in it very much.

Room Tip: If you can get one of the top floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst? Share your experiences!