“Another great hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Jamestown NY
“Another great hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Another great clean and well staffed Hampton! I arrived after a long drive in the pouring rain. The check in staff helped me locate an excellent Italian restaurant, Carmelina's, about a mile down the road. I travel alone frequently on business and can always count on Hampton to be clean, safe and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed one night after spending the day at Brimfied (30 minutes by car) The hotel was extremely clean, quiet and well maintained.The front desk was super-recommending 3 different restaurants and providing maps and perfect directions. The hotel is about 2 miles from Northhampton which has a great variety of bars/restaurants and stores. We've stayed at different hotels when travelling to Brimfield but we like the location and overall experience at this Hampton Inn best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We booked this hotel as we were attending a concert in nearby Look Park at the Pines Theater. It was conveniently located, the staff was remarkable and it was clean! The coffee and breakfast in the morning is a definite plus!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Almost hate to review because I want rooms to be available when I return. However, I traveled with my son for college orientation (Amherst College) during Hurricane Irene, and the staff at the hotel was amazing. It it slightly farther afield from Amherst than the Holiday Inn Express (horrible--I tried to move there, because it was closer..bugs in the room and bed--I came running back to the Hampton) and the Courtyard Marriott, however, it is a very nice, super clean, well-appointed hotel with an extraordinary staff. They were very professional before and during the storm, which was serious; it felt very safe and secure. The lobby area is very nice and welcoming, they have coffee 24 hours, a computer and printer for guest use. The breakfast is quite decent (yogurts, toast, waffles, english muffins, cereal and some hot foods). The front desk clerk gave us great restaurant recommendations. I think the front desk clerks make the hotel, but I can't say anything negative about it. It's great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Stevensville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My daughter had a soccer camp at Mount Holyoke College, so we stayed five nights at this Hampton Inn and really enjoyed our visit. The hotel is very clean (the hallway stairwell the nicest stairwell we have seen) the breakfasts are great, and the staff is so friendly. I got to know Debbie during the length of my stay - thank you for your support, Debbie! I also appreciated the little touches - cookies in the afternoon, 24x7 coffee and a great scrapbook of places to see that was very useful. Finally - the location is very convenient to the different college campuses and for sightseeing. It was definitely a home away from home. My daughter wants to attend Holyoke, and this will be our place to stay for the next five years.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

When we pulled in, outside was new looking and inviting. The rooms however were not. A bit dirty and dated we were disappointed that the interior did not match the exterior. With a few cosmetic changes, the property could be greatly improved as the Location and Exterior are good.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this Hampton Inn met my expectations quite nicely. I am a Hilton Gold member and was upgraded from a King room to a King Study-Suite. I did not really need the upgrade as I was traveling alone but it was nice to be thought of at check-in. I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference at Smith College. The room was very clean, the water pressure worked fine, and the bed seemed fairly new. My room faced west and in the afternoon it would get quite hot (even with the AC going). There are only the opaque curtains to cover the windows with. I think this is a design flaw at this hotel.

Mike, who worked the front desk at night ,was excellent. He graciously offered restaurant suggestions as well as honest opinions about which ones he liked and did not like. He suggested a walking / bike path for me to run on, which is right across the street (behind the Butterfly Chinese restaurant). (Check it out if you stay here.) This Hampton Inn has a pool and a small exercise room next to it.

I would have no trouble staying here again.

Room Tip: Along Route 9 there is a 12 miles Bike trail.