“Clean and cozy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Winds Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
West Winds Inn
You added West Winds Inn to your Saves list
151 Smead Hill Road, Greenfield, MA 01301   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Clean and cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was our first visit to West Winds Inn and it will not be our last. The owner Sandi was a delight and really made us feel welcomed. We enjoyed the breathtaking views on the deck and my personal favorite were the blueberry pancakes served for breakfast. Our room was very clean and that really counts in our book. We had plenty of privacy and our stay was most enjoyable. We will definitely return to West Winds Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at West Winds this past weekend as a way to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. This was also our first time away from our 15 month old daughter. I cannot think of any other place I would have wanted to stay. This was our first time at a B and B and we were very pleased! They were so welcoming and sweet, it was as if we were staying with family! The view from our room was fantastic, and the house was so beautiful. We cannot wait to go back in the future!

Room Tip: Number 9 has an amazing view!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We just returned from our second stay at West Winds Inn. This was our second year of celebrating our anniversary weekend at West Winds and we look forward to making this an annual tradition. Sandi - the host and owner - goes out of her way to make sure guests are comfortable and have everything they could possibly need. The breakfasts she prepares are delicious!! We have stayed both times in Room #2 and absolutely love it. One of the most comfortable mattresses we've ever slept on, sitting area, fire place, oversized jacuzzi tub, private bathroom, fridge in room...everything you could need.

It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend and a great way to "unplug" from reality. Great day trips nearby (Yankee Candle, Kringle Candle, scenic New England roads to travel on, downtown Greenfield with quaint shops, coffee shops, Turners Falls). Sandi has wonderful restaurant recommendations if you're interested (highly recommend Ristorante DiPaolo in nearby Turners Falls!).

We had never stayed at a B&B prior to our stays at West Winds and highly recommend visiting Sandi. She will make you feel at home yet give you privacy at the same time.

You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Room #2 is terrific for a romantic weekend away!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is our second visit to West Winds Inn and we are alrerady wanting to visit again. Sandi our hiost is always attentive but not intrusive knowing exactly how to make you feel "at home". As a calm refuge away from hectic business life it is a place to enjoy with brilliant breakfasts, comfortable rooms and fantastic views across the westerm Massachusetts forests. An extra bonus this time, just as dawn was breaking, was to see a black bear at the lower part of the field amble off into the woods! Close to the Mohawk Trail, Shelburn Falls and many other delightful places and yet close to Interstate 91 it is conveniently located high on the hills above Greenfield. We are a couple from the Cotswolds in "Old England" and know what great views should be and this is up with the best.

Room Tip: Talk to Sandi first so she understands any particular needs
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Johnston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We came to town to attend the Colrain Sesquicentennial events for a weekend, with our group including siblings from California and Florida. By Saturday evening, we were having so much fun at the Inn that we ended up not attending the Saturday evening events! We had a blast, and we could not have asked for a better host! The rooms were comfortable and clean, anything we needed, all we had to do was ask! Breakfast was incredible- I've never had such light pancakes and I even got the secret recipe. We enjoyed revisiting our old stomping grounds and then had a great place to stay for the weekend on top of that. And yes, we really did get up at 5 AM to watch the sunrise, and it was worth every moment. We plan on staying there again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Apopka,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Members of our family converged here, an area in which we once lived, and even though we had some other events planned, we stayed at the inn. The location, views, and service was extraordinary making this an experience to remember. If my travels bring me to this area again I will return here without a doubt!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We booked our reservation approximately 3 weeks in advance of our stay. We found that prior to checking in for our vacation, the entire week's room charge was placed on our credit card. Upon arriving we found that Sandi had booked us (mistakingly) on her husbands vacation from work and they were doing work around the Inn for expansion to accomodate weddings. We felt were in the way, almost the entire week. Let me explain what I mean. A couple of the mornings, I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day when Sandi knocked on the door and wanted to know if I would be leaving soon as she needed to get into the room to clean and /or leave fresh towels. I indicated to her I was not quite ready to leave yet, she stated to me that she would therefore, not be able to clean the room (since it was 11:30 AM) and she had other things to do those particular days. I felt I was being rushed and was upset by that. Please keep in mind, this was our VACATION which we have only 2 weeks of per year!! The view was spectacular and the Inn itself is very nice.There was very lttle interest in whether or not we had found everything we needed and were happy with the accomondations. Again, we both felt we were in the way that week. There was also an issue with the water pressure in the shower and when we mentioned that to them they denied the fact that the running of water for there expansion project would effect the pressure in the shower. As we left each day, both Sandi and her husband barely acknowledged our exit from the Inn as we tried making contact with them with a wave. What prompted us to write this review almost a year later, was an unbelievable experience we recently had at another bed & breakfast where we were made to feel like family the entire week!! We were very unhappy & upset when we left West Winds Inn last year but we really didn't want to write a bad review on someone even though it upset us & our entire vacation. The feeling we had was one of intrusion on their plans for the week and a total disregard for our cherished vacation time.

Mark Mannion & Debra Landry

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
West2020, Owner at West Winds Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
First may I say I’m so pleased that you found a BnB that works for you. I so agree it makes for a memorable time. They're all different and unique. When you inquired about being the only guests I did explain that by mistake I booked during my husbands vacation work week. Which was not a problem. We could of called to explain and cancel however we thought why not let them come and enjoy their stay and have complete privacy and enjoy the entire Inn space to themselves, such a wonderful setting.. From the moment they arrived I could feel the tension. Not knowing why. Our policies and schedule are ours. We are not hiding anything. Never have I had a complaint in regards to either. I did in fact knock on your door to offer to tidy your room at 12:30 not 11:30 as you stated. It is posted in your room our schedule, as rooms are taken care of up to 12:30 as most have long gone by then. .Some like to linger around all day which is totally fine. They relax outside reading or admiring the views. There can be guests with us on a daily basis and after 12 years this schedule has worked for us which allows my family the time we need to schedule appointments and run errands along with family time. My husband was outside working and stopped immediately and was eager to talk with you and discuss our project. We have a new venue starting next year and it has kept us very busy. We’ve had guests come out and offer to lend a helping hand and are so excited for us. We never avoid our guests and to imply we barely made an effort was insulting. . I am terribly sorry you felt we did not devote more one on one time for you. Waiting an entire year to write this review I’m hoping you are able to put this behind you and move on to try the many wonderful B&B’s

Been to West Winds Inn? Share your experiences!