“Perfect stop for relaxing lunch.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 56 restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: American
“Perfect stop for relaxing lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Our family was traveling and stopped here to eat and take a break from driving. Our food was very good, there were just enough options on the menu, and the pub had a comfortable feel. Being a holiday weekend, it was pretty quiet. Our server, who also was tending the bar, was friendly and won us over by offering our kids one of the handheld trivia boxes so we could play along on the screen and have a little friendly competition while waiting for our food. We enjoyed our meals - everything from a burger, fish tacos, a pasta dish and sandwiches - and would recommend this spot to anyone passing through.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Overpriced for mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Very mediocre. Very overpriced. I figured this review needed an executive summary.

As a kid and then later in life with my elderly in-laws Famous Bill's used to be a favorite for reasonably priced comfort food. I know the restaurant has changed hands, perhaps several times as it has been many years since I've been to Greenfield, but the comfort is gone.

The restaurant was clean, looked nicely decorated and I was served by a friendly waitress Meaghan but the the food was unimpressive. The menu listed just about every uninspiring comfort food you can name. I chose something simple, the baked seafood platter. A small dish of fish, four small scallops and two small stuffed shrimp, along with a small baked potato for $20. Way too much for way too small amount of food. The shrimp had a strong iodine taste, almost as if they weren't quite fresh. The breaded stuffing they used was mostly dry, unseasoned bread crumbs. A side of the vegetable medley was mostly onions and a few squash slices. All fresh but I dislike onions so it was inedible to me.

No plans on ever returning. The good times are just a memory.

Visited September 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“quiet Saturday afternoon at the Greenfield Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We received a gift certificate to eat here and were not disappointed. On a quiet Saturday afternoon we drove out to northern central Massachusetts to visit this delightful little town and restaurant. It's nicely decorated with hanging Tiffany-style lamps and comfy booths. There were many choices on the menu between the luncheon specials and the regular menu. All were reasonably priced from about $8 to $22. My husband had a hamburger but I felt more adventurous and tried the Smoked Gouda Haddock. I was delighted with the smoked flavor and the fresh fish. They have a good selection of beers on tap and a decent wine selection though you won't find high-end wines here. We topped off the dinner with a very good carrot cake. I'd definitely eat here again and have already lined up what I'd like to try: the Shepard's Pie made with ground turkey and the Honey-pecan Salmon. Driving back east towards Boston we noticed a sign for historic Deerfield and may try to visit that town on our next trip out to Greenfield.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Suffield, Connecticut
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. I got the salmon. It was cooked appropriately and not dried out. Baked potato wasg good. The portion size was generous. The waitress was attentive and very nice. I would put this place in the top 3 places to eat in Greenfield. It's not cheap, but it was good.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Average food shouldn't cost this much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went with four friends to have sandwiches/light dinner and a few drinks. Nice tavern environment. Drinks were good but sandwiches were mediocre; really nothing special. One friend got the seafood platter and didn't finish it because it wasn't great. Pretty expensive sandwiches and quality was not worth what we spent. Service was only alright. Probably a good place to hang out at the bar and food might not be as important with increased alcohol intake. I would go again for drinks only.

• Visited February 2013