“Yummy meal in Greenfield” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Yummy meal in Greenfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have lived in the area for a long time but have never been to TBG. I'm not really sure why, I guess with all the hype around Hope & Olive I just never really got to TBG, but after reading the reviews on tripadvisor I decided it was worth a go. I am every happy I did! Don't let the less-than-modern looking plates and tablecloths steer you away. The food is awesome. I ordered the crazy noodle which was perfectly spiced and so tasty I ate the entire dish (a feat I rarely accomplish). The menu lists the crazy noodle as "two chili peppers" indicating a hot and spicy entree. I'm into spicy, and the heat in the noodles was perfect and well-balanced with the sweetness from the carrots and onions. They don't skimp on veggies or meat in their noodle dishes, despite a low price tag (our whole dinner was under $25). My husband ordered the crispy pad thai and it was also delicious. We went for an early dinner and didn't try any of the beer or wine, but it was nice to see that they offer both and even have a Thai beer, which I will definitely try next time. Our waitress was very kind and our food only took about 10 minutes, despite a pretty full restaurant and numerous to go orders I saw being picked up. If you're in Greenfield, this place is definitely worth a try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Danbury, Connecticut
“Nice place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wouldn't know how authentic it is, but we manage to find Thai restaurant nearly in every town we would visit and the little Thai Blue Ginger is great. Cozy and welcoming. Nice people. The food was just the way we like it. The price for lunch was very reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Authentic thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

There is a very varied menu, the service is fast, the ambience is welcoming, and the service staff are very pleasant/helpful. The lunch menu is particularly good value.

Visited December 2012
Greenfield, MA
“A personal favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food at Thai Blue Ginger is always enjoyable with excellent service. The atmosphere is pleasing, with its Thai decor, white tablecloths, flowers on the tables, yet it is very affordable. Another plus is that it is quiet enough to allow for pleasant conversation. It also accomodates small groups easily and stays open later than most. Especially for the person who wants to avoid chain restaurants, Thai Blue Ginger is a dependably agreeable change of pace.

Visited February 2013
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
“Good food - quiet atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Three friends and I met here for lunch and were seated immediately. The menu is extensive, moderately priced, and there was even a separate luncheon menu. I settled on the box lunch that featured chicken with vegetables. My three friends each ordered a variation of the Pad Thai noodles and we also ordered an appetizer to share. The appetizer came right out and was very good. The lunches followed shortly afterwards and I found the separate items in the box lunch to be well prepared and very tasty. I especially liked the dressing on the salad, and the little steamed dumplings were very good, too. The decor was Asian, and the lighting and atmosphere were subdued.

• Visited December 2012