“What a Bargain” 4 of 5 stars

30% More Wyndham Rewards
Parkton
“What a Bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Days Inn in Barrington is not the quaintest or funkiest kid on the block but for the money you cannot beat this deal. As far as I could tell it was the most convenient motel in town- literally within a 15 minute walk of any restaurant or shop in town- which when the dinner traffic starts flowing on RT7 you will truly appreciate. The beds were amazingly comfy- from what I was told they were just replaced. A large room fridge was great too. No microwave but there was one in the lobby- a two minute walk from our room. TV was adequate though the room was a bit tight for our family of 4. The office staff was truly friendly and efficient. For those nit-pickers, yes some of the aspects of the room were a little dated and the view from our room was a parking lot and a CVS drug store but we weren't there to hang out in the room so we didn't care. There was some road noise and I think a very rare train but nothing that kept us from sleeping. All in all I would recommend to anyone with kids, on a budget, or who enjoys town walking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here on a group garden tour in June. The room was clean and very comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and well-supplied with towels. The day and night managers were both friendly, helpful, and professional, exactly what you want at the front desk. The hotel is conveniently located for shopping and dining, and a great place to stop on a road trip. Definitely worth a stop!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. Rooms were clean and internet worked fine. The room door was not weather tight, I could see light above and below it. It was down pouring rain and the room was very noisy. I had a couple of flies in the room too. When the shower went on above us it sounded like a loud boom. If you are a light sleeper this place is not for you, it was one of the noisiest places I have ever stayed in. It was July 4th weekend and for $225 a night it was certainly not worth it. As far as the breakfast goes, the coffee was tasteless and the pre-ccoked food (eggs & sausage) that you microwaved yourself to make a breakfast sandwich didn't look appealing at all. I did not eat the food, I am not a fan of microwave food. I actually went out to breakfast both mornings, there were plenty of excellent choices near by. If I looked harder I could have found a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hummelstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We only stayed one night as we were in town for the Prairie Home Companion show at Tanglewood. Check in was smooth and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked online and couldn't find a place to get an AARP discount so I had written that in the notes. They saw it and gave me the discount at check in. Nice!

The room was wonderful. Comfortable beds, very clean and odorless room. Everything seemed rather new including the carpeting and furniture. I love it when the sink/mirror are separate from the shower/toilet and this room was built that way. Very nice. Air conditioner was effective and quiet. Curtains were thick and dark keeping out light very well. Two plastic chairs were outside of our door for just sitting on the shared balcony but we didn't have that kind of time.

The town is delightful and we found a late dinner at the Barrington Brewery to hit the spot. The complimentary breakfast in the hotel lobby certainly met our needs. We had the hard-cooked eggs, yogurt with granola, and apple juice along with hot coffee and hot tea. Healthy and filling for getting us on the road for the day.

You never know what you are going to get when you book online. This place was a winner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!